Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

20 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Not so sure about that but, the overarching point is the Club needs to recruit better, more experienced football people to oversee the strategy and deliver better outcomes.

He's not a scout and has history of scouting has he, so why would he be involved in scouting? Sure, setting up the department, etc, providing a general style of play remit. But actual players will come from what the manager wants and what the team have scouted within their specific style. There are many forms of "passing" football, done in different ways with different players. Puel, Rodgers and Maresca, all played passing football, but in different ways. Particularly Maresca, who would obviously want very different players in different positions to Rodgers. 

18 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

@Babylon would have you believe that Rudkin has no accountability for our massively excessive wage bill.

IMG-20240616-WA0000.jpg

Would I? I mean please provide a single post where I've said he's not accountable. If you are going to pipe up I would suggest reading posts first. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Football really is weird when people can't separate backing the team and holding a ****ing businessman to account over continues mismanagement and tangible failure. 

Passion for a club = holding the 'current' custodians to account off the pitch. 

Weak as piss 

Big time.

Love is for the football club not a load of shady businessmen and their crew.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Football really is weird when people can't separate backing the team and holding a ****ing businessman to account over continues mismanagement and tangible failure. 

Weak as piss 

Who has asked for no accountability?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It is amazing that a viewpoint of "I've not been part of all the conversations at the club, and thus find it difficult to know how much blame each person receives" is somehow seen as "I love John Rudkin". 

Seems to me there are only two courses of genuine action for advertising discontent to the club

1. Ask the trust or other such groups to in their dialogue with club, to have the club acknowledge your concerns, ideally with the intent of having them actioned
  2. Stop paying the club money
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Weak as piss 

Yup. I find it very strange that because of historic success, you effectively can’t question or want rid of any individuals and that you should always be grateful regardless of continuous mistakes.

A comment such as we all make a mistake is fair, but to make the same mistake over and over is just stupidity and in any other job you would get the sack regardless of how liked you are or how well you did in the past. 

The loyalty to some individuals is weird. 

16 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Rudkin’s main priority is his own and not the football club’s and sadly too many of our board members are becoming this way, hence the worse relationship i can remember between fans and the club in a long time, it’s sad to be honest.

The sooner we get him gone the better.

We've never had a relationship since KPtook over. Yes Vichai has given huge amounts to the community.

But they've never explained anything that they intend doing.

We only knew about the training ground because they needed planning permission. The same goes for the stalled ground improvements.

They only talk to us about stuff that makes them KP look great. Anything that makes it look like they are going backwards gets ignored until it's forgotten.

Vichai was a great man. But personally KP can fvck right off to OHL and take Rudkin with them. This ownership is only here now to massage its own ego. Top don't care about the club just himself.

Between the prospect of the return of VAR and the showing from our owners they are destroying my love for football and our great club.

It's not just Rudkin KP ain't fit to run this club now.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We've never had a relationship since KPtook over. Yes Vichai has given huge amounts to the community.

But they've never explained anything that they intend doing.

We only knew about the training ground because they needed planning permission. The same goes for the stalled ground improvements.

They only talk to us about stuff that makes them KP look great. Anything that makes it look like they are going backwards gets ignored until it's forgotten.

Vichai was a great man. But personally KP can fvck right off to OHL and take Rudkin with them. This ownership is only here now to massage its own ego. Top don't care about the club just himself.

Between the prospect of the return of VAR and the showing from our owners they are destroying my love for football and our great club.

It's not just Rudkin KP ain't fit to run this club now.

Completely agree with you, but KP is going no where, however, people like Rudkin can go. 

The one thing I will say is Vichai was a business man and he did his communicating through his decision making. If people weren’t performing they were replaced simple as that. It caused controversy but we as a fan base at the time liked the fact we had an owner who didn’t want all the media attention as we knew any decision making was done with clubs best interest at heart and I personally trusted his decision making.

The club misses that element of ruthlessness and I think it’s fair to say last seasons end of season review would not have gone the way it did, many changes would have been made, I firmly believe that.

Ultimately we don’t know how invested Top really is in the club. It was his dad’s passion and dream that due to awful circumstances he’s had to take over and continue in his dad’s legacy. Many times he’s been quoted stating along the lines “I will do this for my father” it’s never what he wants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Would've Vichai done something regarding him eventually?

If we got relegated under his watch rudkin would’ve been instantly sacked imo. But no point thinking that as we wouldn’t have gone down as he would’ve sacked Rodgers in 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Would've Vichai done something regarding him eventually?

Personally I think Vichai, wouldn't have let it get to this point.

Purely a unfounded guess, and based on no evidence at all, but Top is being given the ", Mushroom Treatment" IMO,  and relies on Rudkin and a few other parasites due to lacking football knowledge at 'running a club level'

I've said on occasions that I'd like someone to challenge the club publicly about why we got in this sorry mess, who's head will roll because of it, as the situation and forthcoming fallout warrants more than the current radio silence at the end of the season and shifting all the attention to "never mind the financial debacle - Yay we got promoted";

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

What i have read on here , most ,if not all of you , what you know of Rudkin, his position and how he works to it , you can write on a matchstick with your mums bingo dobber .

Friend of mine used to coach in the Academy - having coached Ben Chilwell and Harry Panayioutou amongst others - and once told me that before a match, he suddenly had to change the side to

accommodate a couple of Thai Players.  This was the wish of Vichai.

He is also not a fan of Rudkin or Beaglehole.  

• Thanks 1

I don’t know anything about the running of the club and I know a very well played footballer is not necessarily a good example, but when Vardy name dropped and said “better ask Jon Rudkin” or whatever it was, it’s not exactly the endorsement of a well liked man.

Is that the words of someone who has an individual problem with a person or something you’d say knowing you have the silent backing of a lot of others?