Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder how many people on here have actually ever met/spoken to him?..

Yes although only in his academy days (not since DOF). He’s a shy/timid/introverted guy, generally was always pleasent to speak to. Has a lovely family. I can’t imagine him being particularly assertive but he must be useful for the board. 

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

Yes although only in his academy days (not since DOF). He’s a shy/timid/introverted guy, generally was always pleasent to speak to. Has a lovely family. I can’t imagine him being particularly assertive but he must be useful for the board. 

I also did during a tour of the traing ground when I was about 10 when he was academy director didn't have a clue who he was at the time only remember because I have a photo with him in 

• 2 weeks later...

Topically - He's basically our Southgate isn't he. Been here through some very good times. But everyone would get a massive boost if he ****ed off and let someone else have a go!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

Depends on wages offered which nobody knows

Also how they perform once the season starts.

As always everyone loves a new signing until he's played 15 minutes and is then  shite.  I'll wait for 5 or 6 games before judging him and the players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

How’s Rudkin’s window been so far? 

Fine. We re-signed the ones we needed to, a couple of new faces so far but IMO we need about 4 more plus I'm still expecting to lose another name somewhere. The minus points for him are the ones who left on a free because of his previous incompetence.

The money we've pi$$ed away in the past two summers is eye-watering and most of that falls on him and Whelan. It's a reminder of what happens when no-one's hand is on the wheel. He's still in a job because of that.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Hinges on what points deduction we get really doesn't it. 

As FT has been quick to point out at every opportunity we were obliged to sign Abdul so today's not really moved the needle for him.

12 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Fine. We re-signed the ones we needed to, a couple of new faces so far but IMO we need about 4 more plus I'm still expecting to lose another name somewhere. The minus points for him are the ones who left on a free because of his previous incompetence.

The money we've pi$$ed away in the past two summers is eye-watering and most of that falls on him and Whelan. It's a reminder of what happens when no-one's hand is on the wheel. He's still in a job because of that.

We know what happened before…. my question was how he’s got on this summer so far. 

I'm not sure we signed many duds last summer from memory! Possibly Coady but that was more down to The Great Dane’s comeback from the dead 

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Pros:

The 3 new signings

New sponsor

Cons:
Signing Vesty for 3 years.

Resigning Wilf? That’s a matter of opinion.

New sponsor

Not shifted a single surplus player

Awful fan comms

No effort required (would have happened if the office junior was DOF):

KDH sale 

Fatawu Signing

Cooper recruited

Out of ten I’d give him 5, hasn’t majorly messed up, has done nothing noteworthy

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2024 at 14:54, Tommy G said:

We know what happened before…. my question was how he’s got on this summer so far. 

I'm not sure we signed many duds last summer from memory! Possibly Coady but that was more down to The Great Dane’s comeback from the dead 

Which I answered in the first part.

The money pi$$ed away comment was referring purely to the free transfers we've had to write off not anything spent

Guest Col city fan

Personally I think the window so far has been good.

We’ve signed decent players and released the players I’d have released.

I’d have never have sold KDH, but of course that was out of our control I suspect.

Whether we’ll be anywhere near strong enough to mount a decent campaign remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Personally I think the window so far has been good.

We’ve signed decent players and released the players I’d have released.

I’d have never have sold KDH, but of course that was out of our control I suspect.

Whether we’ll be anywhere near strong enough to mount a decent campaign remains to be seen.

And why was it out of our control? :)

On 16/07/2024 at 14:00, sylofox said:

Also how they perform once the season starts.

As always everyone loves a new signing until he's played 15 minutes and is then  shite.  I'll wait for 5 or 6 games before judging him and the players.

Quite right.

This forum has certainly raved about signings that were subsequently not so good before. 

I still remember how many were absolutely pissed we didn’t sign Musa in the January window of the title winning season.

And the less said about Gabor Bori and Zsolt Laczko after their debuts the better!