Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

3 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Seen the apparent quote from Soule’s agent?

Rudders is some bloke.

Well lets hear it then

2 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Seen the apparent quote from Soule’s agent?

Rudders is some bloke.

People really don't have to try and twist everything to be anti Rudkin. We're a newly promoted club with a points deduction hanging over us, it's a hard sell. And clearly as his agent said, we can't compete with Roma and he had zero intention the second they were in for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah seems like there's a lot of truth in him being adamant he didn't want to come. I'll hold my hands up cause I was sceptical about how badly he wanted to join Roma and Juventus' stance on that. Surprisingly, it looks like he made them sell to a rival for a smaller fee than we'd offered....bet that's rare and I can't imagine Juve are best pleased with that deal.

Edited by TheGoldenGod

I don't really think this ones down to Rudkin, its an ambitious move (which I like) for a young talented player who Juve had to sell, we offered more money on the fee and wages....

However I don't blame the kid for picking Roma , Better standard of football & better lifestyle (without having to move countries)

We move on and hopefully show some more this ambition!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People really don't have to try and twist everything to be anti Rudkin. We're a newly promoted club with a points deduction hanging over us, it's a hard sell. And clearly as his agent said, we can't compete with Roma and he had zero intention the second they were in for him. 

I mean, being told we don’t have a vision is surely on Rudkin isn’t it.

Edited by VLC86

37 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’ll give you a different look on it. 

It was very much in the agent’s interest he went Roma 

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not Rudkins fault 

next 

26 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

I don't really think this ones down to Rudkin, its an ambitious move (which I like) for a young talented player who Juve had to sell, we offered more money on the fee and wages....

However I don't blame the kid for picking Roma , Better standard of football & better lifestyle (without having to move countries)

I have absolutely no doubt the guy wanted to go to Roma, just really made me laugh when we got called out for not having “a sporting project”.

Just now, Lionator said:

Most ambitious players would use us as a stepping stone anyway (no shame). Sounds like it’s a convenient excuse. 

And that’s what we need, players that come in and do well to sell on for bigger fees. Would prefer a player with ambition to a mercenary.

1 hour ago, VLC86 said:

I mean, being told we don’t have a vision is surely on Rudkin isn’t it.

You presume to know what that means, via an Italian translation. 

My interpretation is purely they would prefer a project that’s not near enough a total right off before it starts. Newly promoted club, points deduction… would all of us not choose someone else with more chance of a better place finish if we weren’t fans. 

And he can preach that now, but I absolutely guarantee you he’s used our interest to leverage a better deal at Roma. I would also be amazed that an agent would also not persuade a client to move here for a giant pay rise, had there not been other interest. 

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You presume to know what that means, via an Italian translation. 

My interpretation is purely they would prefer a project that’s not near enough a total right off before it starts. Newly promoted club, points deduction… would all of us not choose someone else with more chance of a better place finish if we weren’t fans. 

And he can preach that now, but I absolutely guarantee you he’s used our interest to leverage a better deal at Roma. I would also be amazed that an agent would also not persuade a client to move here for a giant pay rise, had there not been other interest. 

I know we will be covering very old and well trodden ground, but who within the club would you blame for that situation?

3 hours ago, VLC86 said:

I know we will be covering very old and well trodden ground, but who within the club would you blame for that situation?

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with the point in hand has it. 

3 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

Like the rest of us, you can guarantee absolutely nothing. lol

Yeah I’m sure his agent is just utterly incompetent and doesn’t know how to do his job properly. I mean it’s literally the whole point of an agent.

But no, maybe he’s just an idiot, so I can’t guarantee it. But any agent worth their salt clearly would. 

Edited by Babylon

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah I’m sure his agent is just utterly incompetent and doesn’t know how to do his job properly. I mean it’s literally the whole point of an agent.

Maybe he's not incompetent but I'm pretty sure there are some incompetent agents operating in football, as well as there being some incompetent DoF in the game too.

Edited by 1972 Fox

5 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

I think Enzo would have been able to persuade him to sign that’s the stumbling block right there 

• Haha 1

I think a fair few of us are wondering why were we wasting our time negotiating with a player who was never interested in joining us? 

There's being ambitious, then there's being deluded. The squad looks threadbare and it seems we put a lot of work into trying to secure a deal with a completely disinterested player. Doesn't look great does it? Especially when Soule chucks in the extra dig about the sporting project. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Just to be clear the anti-Rudkin bit doesn’t come from us suggesting that the club has no plan that is just the voice of a young player and his agent spouting his mouth off take no notice. The thing that the club/ Rudkin got wrong is waisting time making multiple offers for a player that clearly had no interest in coming