Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The level of negativity is understandable imo, but I’m looking down the list of all PL clubs business and not many have recruited either particularly well or got many bodies through the door. Perhaps a lot of clubs are feeling the FFP and PSR pinch.

Other teams have established players at this level, the likes of Newcastle, Wolves etc, we need some quality to even stand a chance of staying up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bob666 said:

Wasn't sure whether to post under "funny pictures". 

Full Training Kit Wonker

Screenshot_20240815_133915_X.jpg

This is a really odd one for me

Everyone else was in smart / casual dress yet JR felt the need to wear his kit when no one else was.

He absolutely didn't need to dress like that so what message was he trying to get across ?

If he wanted to act like the big boss he could have come suited and booted 

All very strange

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The level of negativity is understandable imo, but I’m looking down the list of all PL clubs business and not many have recruited either particularly well or got many bodies through the door. Perhaps a lot of clubs are feeling the FFP and PSR pinch.

Extending Vestergaards contract until 2027 when he is 35 and on his current wages? GENIUS!!!!!

And all of those players whose contracts ran out and left on a free (how much ££££ did we lose), or players we cant sell/loan out as we are paying them too much.... whose caused the pinch?

To be brutally honest there are some people on FT that would be better identifying potential new talent than Rudkin and our Recruiting bunch.  Unfortunately, nothing will change until we get relegated again and there is a massive clear out of the off field football management.  We badly need huge changes to be made, but there appears to be little or no lust from the Owners to get us moving in the right direction once more.   

We are mess and clearing up messes requires a fresh look at things and change.  This transfer window thus far has been a total and utter disaster. I personally feel sorry for Cooper.  This is on Rudkin and Recruitment.

Rudkin is so behind the curve compared to other DoF/DoS

still dont get how he and whelan are still in a job after the state the club has been left in the past 3/4 years, any other job theyd get the sack, but i suspect theyve probably got a pay rise

Mark Ashton, Edu, Paul Mitchell etc they all put the Jon Rudkin to shame, in every single sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Then you do what Chelsea and Villa and Everton have been doing and be clever with your business. If it's a PSR issue then sell an extra youth player. Even if that only raises a few million it's money you didn't have before. Get better sponsorship deals, get better scouting networks, get some loans, some frees and get back to the old model.

These are things that top level DOFs do. Ours isn't top level, he's never been approached by another club never been held in the same regard as the Ashworths and Barbers. The likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford and Fulham are moving their clubs forward with smart dealings on and off the pitch. We're being held back by a guy who is out of his depth and the owner he's accountable to being too weak to fire his Mr Smithers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

To be brutally honest there are some people on FT that would be better identifying potential new talent than Rudkin and our Recruiting bunch.  Unfortunately, nothing will change until we get relegated again and there is a massive clear out of the off field football management.  We badly need huge changes to be made, but there appears to be little or no lust from the Owners to get us moving in the right direction once more.   

We are mess and clearing up messes requires a fresh look at things and change.  This transfer window thus far has been a total and utter disaster. I personally feel sorry for Cooper.  This is on Rudkin and Recruitment.

Er we got relegated and the only thing that changed was the club doubling down on their methods. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Er we got relegated and the only thing that changed was the club doubling down on their methods. 

Relegated THIS season .

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

If we're 3 nil down at half time it will get sour pretty quick, all depends on the performance and the scoreline I reckon. 

The vast majority won't go against King Power though. 

May 2023 proved that when blokes tried to smack lads booing when we got relegated.

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

This is a really odd one for me

Everyone else was in smart / casual dress yet JR felt the need to wear his kit when no one else was.

He absolutely didn't need to dress like that so what message was he trying to get across ?

If he wanted to act like the big boss he could have come suited and booted 

All very strange

How can some doing such a bad job, be so confident and cocky!! Teflon John!

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The fact that this guy was available and we still have Rudkin utterly infuriates me.

Emery was available when we should have binned Rodgers off after our start to the 22/23 season. We were a more attractive proposition than Villa at the time too. Mental how quickly things change. 

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Emery was available when we should have binned Rodgers off after our start to the 22/23 season. We were a more attractive proposition than Villa at the time too. Mental how quickly things change. 

We weren’t a more attractive proposition. We had no money to spend. Lopetugi was more realistic during this period. 

7 minutes ago, westernpark said:

We weren’t a more attractive proposition. We had no money to spend. Lopetugi was more realistic during this period. 

I still think that we were considered to be in a false position at the time, with Villa being seen as the genuine relegation candidates. Details of the financial mess were yet to emerge despite the lack of transfer activity- we still had the likes of Maddison, Tielemens, Barnes.