Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He hasn't been consistent. He argues that we can only claim true things that are in the public domain, yet fills in his own gaps when he wants to and then just plainly ignores people who've been proven to be correct on many occasions.

Eg - Percy is a reliable source unless he says something that doesn't fit the argument like Rudkin reports directly into Top and is more powerful than ever.

He's just bored and likes an argument. Going to put him back on ignore.

Okay, I could be wrong. I don't go over everything with a fine tooth comb, to be fair! But would you agree that there's a danger of people having made their minds up that Rudkin, regardless of who he reports to, is primarily responsible for our decline? Might that let others off the hook? Might it even be the case that Top quite likes him being in situ in order to take the flak? I'm sure you'll tell me that people do all of those things too, but I don't get the impression that it's to anything like the same extent.

To clarify, I want to see evidence of the club learning from its errors, and think a rejig which sees Rudkin moved on would be encouraging, because it'd demonstrate a serious rethink. I just find the degree to which people focus on his role is a tad strange, and maybe a result of us not wanting to 'turn on' Top.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Okay, I could be wrong. I don't go over everything with a fine tooth comb, to be fair! But would you agree that there's a danger of people having made their minds up that Rudkin, regardless of who he reports to, is primarily responsible for our decline? Might that let others off the hook? Might it even be the case that Top quite likes him being in situ in order to take the flak? I'm sure you'll tell me that people do all of those things too, but I don't get the impression that it's to anything like the same extent.

To clarify, I want to see evidence of the club learning from its errors, and think a rejig which sees Rudkin moved on would be encouraging, because it'd demonstrate a serious rethink. I just find the degree to which people focus on his role is a tad strange, and maybe a result of us not wanting to 'turn on' Top.

Lots have turned on Top and Whelan - but all we really care about is the football so the bloke in charge of that is fair game.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Lots have turned on Top and Whelan - but all we really care about is the football so the bloke in charge of that is fair game.

I think Whelan is worse tbh.

We are in this position because of finances and money. Not players.

Yes, some players have been bought and were rubbish. You could argue that before be bought them they were playing well. And yes, some are on ridiculous wages.

We are in this mess because of money. And who is the money person with the club, Whelan.

Seems very fashionable to slag Rudkin off at the moment.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Yes, some players have been bought and were rubbish. You could argue that before be bought them they were playing well. And yes, some are on ridiculous wages.

We are in this mess because of money. And who is the money person with the club, Whelan.

I blame her for the off field issues such as tickets and stuff like that but there's one clear reason why the finances are up the shitter and that's the bloke who's offering out 100k a week in wages.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I blame her for the off field issues such as tickets and stuff like that but there's one clear reason why the finances are up the shitter and that's the bloke who's offering out 100k a week in wages.

Do we know it is him or hands them out?

Or does he state what he wants, and then it goes to Whelan to be signed off to say we can or can not afford that?

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I suppose the question is the degree to which he's in charge of it, given that he reports to Top. Is it Rudkin who decided, for instance, that only a possession-based game is truly sustainable? When the owners first turned up, before Rudkin was in charge, we heard similar assertions that they wanted a more continental brand of football. We also saw a haphazard transfer policy until Pearson and his team reappeared. So these things predate his tenure.

Equally, the book-balancing which seems to have done for us recently is unlikely to have been his principal remit. And if Whelan is also reporting to Top and, as with Rudkin, the boss has seemed no cause to move her on, you'd have to guess that there's consensus.

This is all retreading old ground, I know, but within it all - especially given the inherent level of risk-taking in the business, and the past success that these people have had - there's room for people to sound a note of caution in our retributions, while still wanting change. And being balanced enough to point out that, if our current footballing woes are of Rudkin's making, then he'd also need praise for past glories under his watch.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Or does he state what he wants, and then it goes to Whelan to be signed off to say we can or can not afford that?

No he doesn’t know he’s just guessing. For the millionth time there will be a budget signed off by the entire board, including Susan Whelan.

A collective budget on wages and transfer fees. He is a director by title rather than Susan Whelan who has to sign off the accounts, if she has no say as a statutory director then the auditors would probably qualify the audit report based on lack of adequate controls. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

That's chicken and egg though - the board clearly did not believe we were going to get relegated - or even drop out of the top half and potential European competition income. The whole deck of cards came tumbling down once we were relegated.

The financial assumptions are on Whelan. They were based on a false sense of security on the pitch which Rudkin was responsible for.

They're all as culpable as one another as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of our recent golden era, it is absolutely scandalous that we spent the money we did on wages and transfers given that it was totally reliant on always finishing in the top 6-8.

Recruitment and over generous contracts in length and pay are at the core of our woes, followed by the decision to not fire Rodgers when he threw the towel in whilst still in post. 

All footballing decisions with Rudkin ultimately responsible as DoF

I can’t see how Whelan is to blame although the non footballing side have also made some honking decisions 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Recruitment and over generous contracts in length and pay are at the core of our woes, followed by the decision to not fire Rodgers when he threw the towel in whilst still in post. 

All footballing decisions with Rudkin ultimately responsible as DoF

I can’t see how Whelan is to blame although the non footballing side have also made some honking decisions 

Whelan is Rudkin's line manager. 

Whelan is also ultimately responsible for PSR, the draconian ticketing policies, the insults to tradition with all blue kits, the money laundering sponsorship shambles and the deference to Thai tik tokers. 

She isn't fit for post. 

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Whelan is also ultimately responsible for PSR, the draconian ticketing policies, the insults to tradition with all blue kits, the money laundering sponsorship shambles and the deference to Thai tik tokers. 

She isn't fit for post. 

Not sure she is, pretty certain Rudkin reports direct to Top. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not the case as was reported last year.

Screenshot_20240818_190149_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

how in god name is this man still our DoF I dont know, over 20mil for Skipp

the club is truly done

Since 2016 we are 18th on net spend of the current Premier League teams. No team anywhere near our net spend has won the league or FA Cup. If Rudkin is thought to be the main man for transfers, I can’t see how he can be criticised regarding the actual transfer fees. Wages/contracts are another question.

7 hours ago, blue army 1988 said:

Top, Rudkin  and Whelan are all guilty for the mess we're  in.The points deduction is on them ,nobody  else .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blue army 1988 said:

But she's not, she's the CEO. The money person is the Finance Director. There's also a General Counsel, Strategy Director and Operations Director. The finances, strategy and football advice have been shit for the last 3 years at least. To a man, they should all quit if our charges are upheld. They're all culpable in some way.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
37 minutes ago, iancognito said:

But she's not, she's the CEO. The money person is the Finance Director. There's also a General Counsel, Strategy Director and Operations Director. The finances, strategy and football advice have been shit for the last 3 years at least. To a man, they should all quit if our charges are upheld. They're all culpable in some way.

The finance and strategy director have left.

On 17/08/2024 at 23:40, Free Falling Foxes said:

Oh shit! You aren't supposed to enter these yellow boxes unless your exit is clear and I ain't going nowhere.

image.png.81c7dd5e160beeedeffe774960876dab.png

Be careful I took a photo of him like this and he confronted me at dinner and said the police had contacted him as I was a stalker.

• Haha 1

It's funny we'll be having the same attritional arguments in June, the few defenders will still resolutely trot out the same lines in the face of another failure.

• Like 3