Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

The idea that we could have got Potter instead of Cooper if Top had had the backbone to let him bring in his own DoF honestly makes my shit itch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

The idea that we could have got Potter instead of Cooper if Top had had the backbone to let him bring in his own DoF honestly makes my shit itch.

It just shows the blind loyalty Top shows to Rudkin. The bloke has far too much power……. And you look at Brightons model, and think it probably would have been a good idea……..

Potter must have known Rudkin was shit….

Just now, SK3Blue said:

That may be, he still doesn’t have be so short sighted to go along with it. 

He has to be seen to back the manager though, so when we end up on a shit run, which we will inevitably all the flack will fall on Cooper rather than Rudkin..

40 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Wow itchy sh*t!!! Could be the curry you had last night?

41 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I keep seeing this on here but can’t actually find anywhere it’s been shared.

Not disputing it wasn’t a valid reason for any manager btw - I’m staunch Rudkin out, ole ole.

36 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

That may be, he still doesn’t have be so short sighted to go along with it. 

This is true, as DoF of football in charge of recruitment on a limited budget, you need to have the balls to whisper in the Coaches ear ‘No Coops, that is not the direction the Club are heading’. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The dismantling of what was a club on the constant up isn't spoken about enough in the media. 

FA cup winners, whiskers away from the CL 2x years in a row etc to a club in financial tatters in the space of 3 years should be enough for that man to never work in football again

There was a guardian one recently but I felt it focused too much on the external agency of financial regulations, rather than the club’s internal agency impact.

• Like 1

I actually think the Recruitment Team are in part to blame.  Was it the DoF of Villa that said post season they initially came with a list of 500 names?   Our scouting gurus came up with a handful including Ayew.  Change needed.

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

There was a guardian one recently but I felt it focused too much on the external agency of financial regulations, rather than the club’s internal agency impact.

They focus too much on "pushing beyond their means" and FFP rather than the abysmal decisions made

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bilo said:

So could it be that Rudkin has a bad reputation in the football world as well as our supporters?

21 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

The away support turned on him a while ago, we need the home support to turn if we are to be taken seriously. 

L1 hammered him on the last game of the season and there’s been the odd chant but it needs to go up a level or two at home. 

Never going to happen as our home support is full of "happy to be here" and "we were in league 1 once" mentality people. So many love Top and won't hear a bad word said about him or anything at the club. It's almost like some of our fan base don't really care anymore because we won the league and the fa Cup so nothing matters anymore other than hitting their clappers every so often and lapping up the free beer and donuts. We must have one of the most passive home support in the country. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The dismantling of what was a club on the constant up isn't spoken about enough in the media. 

FA cup winners, whiskers away from the CL 2x years in a row etc to a club in financial tatters in the space of 3 years should be enough for that man to never work in football again

Absolutely.  This season highlights  this more than ever. From puel to Rogers then enzo we were told that the club wanted managers who play a possession  based game with an identity.  We now have Cooper. Sunday league manager who's tactics are spread out lads and give it a go. If that doesn't show we have completely lost it behind  the scenes I don't know what will will.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It just shows the blind loyalty Top shows to Rudkin. The bloke has far too much power……. And you look at Brightons model, and think it probably would have been a good idea……..

Potter must have known Rudkin was shit….

What in the three attempts of him trying to recruit him gave him that idea? 😂

Our rep is very poor amongst ‘football people’. Enzo knew the writing was on the wall to an extent. Guillem his mate mentioned that certain obstacles existed at the club. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I actually think the Recruitment Team are in part to blame.  Was it the DoF of Villa that said post season they initially came with a list of 500 names?   Our scouting gurus came up with a handful including Ayew.  Change needed.

We aren’t party to what they have passed onto the hierarchy above them. I’d like to think a scouting team what by the own admission of Enzo came up with Fatawu, Hermansen, and Mavididi would have some good ideas.

Cooper used the term of the club signing Buonanotte as well (which also looks like good networking as well as they realised Brighton were over stocked with midfielders and he didn’t fit their new system). 

My gut is this summer that you can separate our transfers into two given the clues 

If ex England youth and PL exp, probable Cooper choices. Outside of that, scouting team choices….which is also damning on Okoli 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This is true, as DoF of football in charge of recruitment on a limited budget, you need to have the balls to whisper in the Coaches ear ‘No Coops, that is not the direction the Club are heading’. 

Agreed, he won’t impact on this season, and if we end up relegated he’ll be 34 with nothing more to offer in the championship than players like Albrighton who have moved on.  

He’s gone along with it because it’s a panic buy after his other deals couldn’t be closed out. 

As you say, Rudkin has no balls to say anything other than Yes.