Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Have a feeling that Top and Vichai were helped quite a bit by him into settling into the club, when they first came into the country, and from there on the relationship between him and Top/Whelan is very strong one would imagine.

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's why I just can't get properly annoyed anymore until we have new ownership. What's the point. Our luck has run out now.

The Fulham away games in 2023 and the weekend sort of sum up the situation around us now. 2023 was a hateful team who should've never gotten relegated but managed to thanks to a situation those at the top never bothered to fix. The weekend was just an honest but poor team. This is what we are now. This is decline. This is life under Top & Rudkin.

Spot on. They'll live off "but we won the FA Cup!!" forever. Fans will still applaud them then blame each other when we are languishing in the Football League again.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Micky said:

Wait until the end of Friday.... You might see Rudkin in a different light.... ;)

there’s absolutely no precedent or reason to think that anything positive is going to happen. If he pulls something out of the bag then fair play, I’ll be shocked. 

• Like 3

There’s plenty of people that owe their careers to Rudkin at the club which is always worth remembering. This is a man that knows the value of acolytes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Have a feeling that Top and Vichai were helped quite a bit by him into settling into the club, when they first came into the country, and from there on the relationship between him and Top/Whelan is very strong one would imagine.

Correct. In tops eyes, Rudkin is very competent and a massive part of the recent success. He likely doesn’t believe our recent downfall is any of his fault and is purely situational. Top is way too loyal to be an owner of a football club unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There’s plenty of people that owe their careers to Rudkin at the club which is always worth remembering. This is a man that knows the value of acolytes.

Like Putin playing off the oligarchs and silovikis against each other so that nobody ever points the finger at him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Wait until the end of Friday.... You might see Rudkin in a different light.... ;)

I am sure there is a post like this nearly the end of every transfer window and it invariably ends with very little happening. I will wait with baited breath and to also be disappointed 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

But, if he ever stands down, actually reckon some fans will see it as a bit harsh given his success in the academy etc..

Falling upwards isn’t harsh. I’m sure there’s been plenty of people more qualified for the job than him that he’s trod on along the way! 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… the fact that he, Whelan and even Anthony H never got poached or sought to leave to further themselves after all the successes… speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Falling upwards isn’t harsh. I’m sure there’s been plenty of people more qualified for the job than him that he’s trod on along the way! 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… the fact that he, Whelan and even Anthony H never got poached or sought to leave to further themselves after all the successes… speaks volumes. 

Who's he, sorry.

15 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't think he has a clue as the home support is so passive and shows little in the way of anger towards the board members. Rudkin should get absolute pelters but he doesn't and the fact he's still employed must show Top is happy with him, so as far he's concerned, he's doing a great job..

Did anyone go to Wolves two years ago when we won 0-4? Their south bank were absolutely belting out songs against their equivalent, Scott Sellars, as they fell to the bottom of the table below us.

The month afterwards:

image.png.5f16748d4510319a02d81f06fba4ad6e.png

The final table: 

image.png.7fa5ac669a4bbdfcd7016d3524889dd1.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

If he does, let’s celebrate a bloke finally doing his job on the last week of the window after we’ve burnt through two games and in the process of overpaying AGAIN

Yep - knock down expectations then celebrate if the reduced expectations are delivered, which is usually a big if in the first place.

They need to do something pretty extraordinary just to achieve par for this window. Like we said last week - at least two attacking signings. That was the quote. That's the minimum.

Jon only knows how to buy Wasserman or knockoffs as part of deals we’re still owed money on. Friday night this forum will fizzle out like a fart and we’ll be collectively losing our shit on Saturday when this is the lineup

Mads

JJ

Vestergaard

Okoli

Kristiansen

Winks

Skipp

Ayew

Facundo

BDCR

Vardy

4-0 Villa, Fat boy with a brace 

5 hours ago, Micky said:

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Jon only knows how to buy Wasserman or knockoffs as part of deals we’re still owed money on. Friday night this forum will fizzle out like a fart and we’ll be collectively losing our shit on Saturday when this is the lineup

Mads

JJ

Vestergaard

Okoli

Kristiansen

Winks

Skipp

Ayew

Facundo

BDCR

Vardy

4-0 Villa, Fat boy with a brace 

Wait until he sells Ricardo before the window closes. We’ll have a real meltdown then.