Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. Leeds and Wolves fans managed to get theirs out this season.

We have a tame fanbase sadly.

It’s embarrassing really, our fanbase.

This season, both on and off the pitch, couldn’t have been any worse, yet what is REALLY happening to put the club under any pressure to get this mess sorted out?

Does the LCFC supporters club have much say? Are Q and A evenings being set up so that we can tell Rudkin, for example, exactly what we think?

Where is the infrastructure to be able to voice dissent?

I don’t know, does anyone?

Commenting on FT might make us feel better but won’t cut the mustard in terms of finding out exactly what has gone wrong this season and, more importantly, what the plan NOW is to take the club forward.

It’s STILL all so quiet and this is AFTER we’ve been relegated! (Ie what more will it take to stir up some action)?

If top wants to make a statement, then this is where to do it. It's so obvious to everyone that he has failed and caused some of this mess. We now need strong leadership and knowledge in the DoF role. Something that has be lacking for a while. Our recent success has covered the faults of Rudkin. 

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This season, both on and off the pitch, couldn’t have been any worse, yet what is REALLY happening to put the club under any pressure to get this mess sorted out?

Does the LCFC supporters club have much say? Are Q and A evenings being set up so that we can tell Rudkin, for example, exactly what we think?

Commenting on FT might make us feel better but won’t cut the mustard in terms of finding out exactly what has gone wrong this season and, more importantly, what the plan NOW is to take the club forward.

It’s STILL all so quiet and this is AFTER we’ve been relegated! (Ie what more will it take to stir up some action)?

Rudkin is an employee.  If he doesn't want to face a bunch of angry fans, he doesn't have to, and the club as his employer cannot force him to be in that position.  What they can do is relieve him of his duties if they wish.

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

You seen Top's attitude towards us. Just be grateful what we did. You don't dare get to complain. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Southampton have appointed a new manager, new scout, new director of football (who actually played football) and a new sporting director.

Leicester have had a racing day and taken a photo of top looking moody.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Southampton have appointed a new manager, new scout, new director of football (who actually played football) and a new sporting director.

I expect we are lost at this point and still in the formulating plan stage, as historically we dont seem to plan well for summer, never mind relegation.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The board knock back requests from radio Leicester to speak to them. No chance would they if already knocking back an establishment they can trust somewhat would they meet a fanbase they can't fully vet.

Its so 1985 when the one fan group that has questioned and challenged, faces kick backs for this.

The fanbase is at civil war pretty much, its a sad mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It takes us so long to do the basics. January was disgraceful given how bad the summer window was. 

If we sacked Rudkin we’d probably appoint a replacement in August. Top is out of his depth.

• Like 1

Listened to the BSLB podcast yesterday and someone mentioned Andrew Neville. Totally forgot about that guy and no idea how he’s also got away with zero blame - he’s our football operations director lol 

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Listened to the BSLB podcast yesterday and someone mentioned Andrew Neville. Totally forgot about that guy and no idea how he’s also got away with zero blame - he’s our football operations director lol 

I dont think he does a lot away from the day to day organisation of game days at the KP.  I assume his dept sorts out away game arrangements for players and staff too. 

Edited by st albans fox

Evans on his contract situation “I had a chat with the Director of Football (Rudkin) and understand the club are in limbo”

which reads to me:

1) No fvcking plan in place for relegation.

2) Limbo??? limbo??? We don’t have time for inaction.

feels like another car-crash of a few months is in motion…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wurmer said:

Evans on his contract situation “I had a chat with the Director of Football (Rudkin) and understand the club are in limbo”

which reads to me:

Not sure I agree on this, what was clear at the time of the conversation was which division we would be in so clearly if we are relegated we are not in a position to offer him a new contract 

What concerns me though, is had we stayed up we would probably have offered Evans a new deal despite him hardly playing proves we would have probably continued to drift along making similar mistakes. 

Relegation may just be a blessing in disguise in the longer run as it will force the club to make changes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Southampton have had a few weeks head start on us, but I completely get your point.

10 minutes ago, wurmer said:

which reads to me:

When was this? 

11 minutes ago, wurmer said:

which reads to me:

Evans is talking about his contract situation, you are reading too much into it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We’ve not been organised for 2 years, nothing to suggest there will be any change to that approach. Same again. 

On 31/05/2023 at 09:18, wurmer said:

which reads to me:

Yep he is the 3rd player now to say this sort of thing.

On 31/05/2023 at 08:08, Stadt said:

It takes us so long to do the basics. January was disgraceful given how bad the summer window was. 

If we sacked Rudkin we’d probably appoint a replacement in August. Top is out of his depth.

It’s 4 days since the game, Southampton have known they were relegated much longer than we have. These things take time, well, at least more than 96 hours. 

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

So you cant plan for something until it happens?

I’d imagine the calibre of candidate will be vastly different depending on what division we are in, and we didn’t know that until Sunday. 

Also many of these candidates will be currently employed and will be having discussions themselves. If you have two offers on the table from different clubs managers, DoFs, scouts etc still have to make the personal decision of what to choose, contracts need to done and compensation agreed. Key people in other clubs could be on holiday.

And some of the candidates may have been at clubs who had things to play for right up until the end too (eg Mark Robins). 

my point is - it’s not just about having the will to get things done, there are many factors in play. 

Edited by Monk
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know why/how Rudkin is specifically and demonstrably bad at his job? 

Was appointed Director of Football in 2014, so under his tenure: 

• Great Escape
  • PL Champions
  • CL QFs
  • 2 more top 6 finishes
  • 2 more european campaigns
  • FA Cup win

I'm no fan of his or the hierarchy of the club, which have obviously and monumentally messed up - but just to play devil's advocate, why is Rudkin singled out or used as a scape goat, when he is potentially just as responsible as anyone else for some of our greatest moments? 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 2