Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

I really don't like the use of past successes as a reason to keep someone who's recent performance is a miserable and total failure. None of us are judged like that in our jobs, why should a football club be any different?

This. This is the paragraph 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I really don't like the use of past successes as a reason to keep someone who's recent performance is a miserable and total failure. None of us are judged like that in our jobs, why should a football club be any different?

100%, and that applies to each of Top, Rudkin and Wheelan. Being at executive level commands a very high wage, but that's because the decisions you make are huge. They are BIG pressure jobs. Rudkin has made multiple awful decisions and in any normal job would be canned for it. Top is lucky he owns the club, because at a publicly listed company, they would vote him out. Even Steve Jobs was removed from being Apple CEO, even if that ultimately turned out to be a big mistake from them at the time.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

I’m sure if he was a king power employee and he’d made decisions costing the company hundreds of millions he’d have been in the job centre Monday!

Technically, that is what he's done. He's employed by the club who are owned by KP, so in my book what you have described is exactly what hes done. His decisions, lack there of, has caused our relegation 

Edited by fox_favourite

24 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If I’m successful where I am for the next 4 years I fully expect people to come and offer me jobs and I’ll more than likely take up the offer/a new challenge! 

Just because you’re successful doesn’t justify staying put. Im not doubting their successes. Im asking why they haven’t seen fit to use that to their own personal advantage. There’s absolutely no ambition and most likely because there’s no pressure and they’re all very well paid without having to prove much to justify it anymore. 

Essentially, as even you have lauded to, a bunch of people dining out on a few years success… untouchable no matter what happens now. 

So based on that then both Vardy and Kasper should have left 5 years ago? 

It's a very black and white view of the world.

7 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

Jon Rudkin is a classic administrator. Administrators support the smooth running of an organisation.

Has he misunderstood his job description and thought that an Administrator is supposed to make a club go into administration?

• Haha 3

Needs to change his job title from Director of Football to Consigliere!!!!

Daily Telegraph 14/05/2023: 

Rudkin reports directly to Top, as he did Vichai, and is his boss’ chief advisory voice on all matters from signings to managerial sackings and appointments.

Rudkin was handpicked by Vichai for what has been a dizzying rise. The late owner was very much the kind of employer who sought out people he liked and rated, and he would trust them.

It is fair to point out that Rudkin was there in the glory years under Vichai. Rudkin’s status grew to the extent that he is also the ultimate boss for the Srivaddhanaprabha family on their other major British sporting operation: King Power Racing (KPR).

It would also be right to say at this point that the club play down Rudkin’s role in KPR. They say that he is more of a conduit between the bloodstock manager Alastair Donald, various trainers and the ownership, previously Vichai and now Top.

Others see it differently and that Rudkin is understood to play a key part in the decisions on acquisitions of horses and with which trainers they are placed. KPR has around 100 horses with different trainers, and has been one of the top ten racing operations in Britain at times, perhaps even bigger.

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So based on that then both Vardy and Kasper should have left 5 years ago? 

It's a very black and white view of the world.

Well no I’m trying to have a conversation about club staff based on the fact they essentially have comparable roles/positions to other people in businesses (like myself).

Not football players. That’s a whole other world isn’t it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

How would everyone feel if Rudkin hired an actual DOF and stepped back to become more of a day-to-day liaison with Top?

Let's just say Rudkin was sacked today, whoever came in would have a mountain to climb learning about all of the contracts, players that are going, players that are coming in, setting a strategy for the future and getting a new manager. All in less than 90 days... that's not possible. He would have to work with someone for a bit before stepping down / back.

IMO he should go, but should help someone else take over and do the transition smoothly with them.

Given he's got 2 other jobs, at Leuven and the horse racing operations, I'd find it extremely interesting to understand just how much they effect his ability to perform what's expected of him as DOF at Leicester.

It's clear that Vichai and now Top trust him explicitly, he's got absolutely no business being involved in horse racing on merit and therefore perhaps it's time he stepped aside and oversaw things with a lighter touch and maybe we get out of this mess.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Given he's got 2 other jobs, at Leuven and the horse racing operations, I'd find it extremely interesting to understand just how much they effect his ability to perform what's expected of him as DOF at Leicester.

It's clear that Vichai and now Top trust him explicitly, he's got absolutely no business being involved in horse racing on merit and therefore perhaps it's time he stepped aside and oversaw things with a lighter touch and maybe we get out of this mess.

Perhaps make him Director of Sporting Operations and appoint a dedicated DoF for us and Leuven if he's not being sacked.

• Like 1

Just now, Bilo said:

Perhaps make him Director of Sporting Operations and appoint a dedicated DoF for us and Leuven if he's not being sacked.

Yeah, I think its a pipe dream he leaves the club or the King Power operations all together. But honest and brutal assessments need to be made. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

I’m sure if he was a king power employee and he’d made decisions costing the company hundreds of millions he’d have been in the job centre Monday!

Could you imagine a duty free middle manager calling out the King Power group in the media a la Rodgers.

They'd be removed without any hesitation. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Rudkin reports directly to Top, as he did Vichai, and is his boss’ chief advisory voice on all matters from signings to managerial sackings and appointments.

Rudkin was handpicked by Vichai for what has been a dizzying rise. The late owner was very much the kind of employer who sought out people he liked and rated, and he would trust them.

It is fair to point out that Rudkin was there in the glory years under Vichai. Rudkin’s status grew to the extent that he is also the ultimate boss for the Srivaddhanaprabha family on their other major British sporting operation: King Power Racing (KPR).

It would also be right to say at this point that the club play down Rudkin’s role in KPR. They say that he is more of a conduit between the bloodstock manager Alastair Donald, various trainers and the ownership, previously Vichai and now Top.

Others see it differently and that Rudkin is understood to play a key part in the decisions on acquisitions of horses and with which trainers they are placed. KPR has around 100 horses with different trainers, and has been one of the top ten racing operations in Britain at times, perhaps even bigger.

Sounds like where our fans also get mistaken about his role here. Can somebody explain to me, if he is the one responsible for targeting signings, why we've changed approach under every manager, from Pearson to Ranieri to Puel to Rodgers....And now this Summer we're being linked to completely different profiles of player again. He's likely responsible for negotiating fees, wages and contracts, but he's not the one identifying players as some have suggested. Otherwise we wouldn't have hired Macia/Congerton/Glover etc.

He's a go between, as simple as that. Rodgers/Congerton told him what they wanted, he'd go to Top and see if it could be done, and then he'd crack on with trying to sign the targets. It's the same with contracts, he doesn't just pick which players to give one to, he'd do so on the decisions of Rodgers and also Top.

The role people think he does, doesn't actually exist at our Club. We operate how Man United did with Fergie and Arsenal with Wenger, where the Manager is the one with ultimate responsibility for everything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I think its a pipe dream he leaves the club or the King Power operations all together. But honest and brutal assessments need to be made. 

It might appeal to his ego if he sees it as a promotion where he's overseeing the polo, racing and football operations with DoFs at Leicester and Leuven he'd see as working under him. If things are going well though, you'd suspect he'd see little reason to interfere and we'd have someone more competent to deal with day-to-day football operations. Win-win for all parties.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

To be fair they were talking about planning an internal review after the season. You'd be hearing murmers online if people were being sounded out or it looked like people would be sacked. 

The fact that there's nothing at all coming out of the club, by that I mean rumours/leaks from the usual sources, tells me that we genuinely hadn't put any thought into it. 

There's plenty of evidence to suggest that top level aren't exactly the best planners and certainly not very good communicators.

Before you know it, it'll be a week since relegation and all we've seen is Top rolling around in a field and telling people how lucky we've been.

OK so if we're having an internal review, wouldn't you expect that to complete before you start seeing approaches for new hires?

I wouldn't base an opinion of the club on how many rumours are coming out - if we believed them all we'd have had David Beckham and Edgar Davids in the team.

37 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I can understand and respect this type of management/loyalty but it is no longer a secret that it is damaging your business, it’s madness to continue. It’s not fair on the employee, your other employees and the business as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Could you imagine a duty free middle manager calling out the King Power group in the media a la Rodgers.

They'd be removed without any hesitation. 

Especially in Thailand where losing face is a very bad trait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monk said:

OK so if we're having an internal review, wouldn't you expect that to complete before you start seeing approaches for new hires?

I wouldn't base an opinion of the club on how many rumours are coming out - if we believed them all we'd have had David Beckham and Edgar Davids in the team.

It's not that I'd expect to know who's coming in from rumours, but once there's movement on something you inevitably here murmerings of it in the press at least a couple of days before anything is made public. The fact we're hearing nothing no real rumours or murmerings yet indicates that no kind of talks have taken place. I do understand where you're coming from, but time and time again we don't seem to have any plan in place for alternative scenarios. It's always being reactive. Usually when this is the case, it means people are well out of their depth.

The review comment was tongue in cheek because according to the media, Rudkin and Whelan are running the review, which is hilarious

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shiv said:

3) He left it far too late to ring the alarm bells on our downward spiral under Brendan. It’s been widely reported that Rudkin had a very good relationship with Brendan which is one contributing factor for not sacking him sooner.

...I find that hard to be true, but even if he had spoken to Khun Top after the seventh game this season, surely Khun Top would have been the one to fire Rodgers!!!

The suggestion is that either Whelan or Rudkin could have terminated Rodgers's contract, and I could not see that being the case.