Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's not that I'd expect to know who's coming in from rumours, but once there's movement on something you inevitably here murmerings of it in the press at least a couple of days before anything is made public. The fact we're hearing nothing no real rumours or murmerings yet indicates that no kind of talks have taken place. I do understand where you're coming from, but time and time again we don't seem to have any plan in place for alternative scenarios. It's always being reactive. Usually when this is the case, it means people are well out of their depth.

The review comment was tongue in cheek because according to the media, Rudkin and Whelan are running the review, which is hilarious

I know… just cautious to jump to conclusions that we know / don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. 

My gut feel is that we were destined to get Potter and now we are Championship we need to start the search again. 

However agree that I would like to see a decision on JR asafp because almost all of the other decisions stem from that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Given he's got 2 other jobs, at Leuven and the horse racing operations, I'd find it extremely interesting to understand just how much they effect his ability to perform what's expected of him as DOF at Leicester.

It's clear that Vichai and now Top trust him explicitly, he's got absolutely no business being involved in horse racing on merit and therefore perhaps it's time he stepped aside and oversaw things with a lighter touch and maybe we get out of this mess.

He is also still Academy Director as Crawley is just his puppet 

• Like 2

Gosh thats a 3rd ban in 2 months, post Rdogers era, bit sus. I wonder how long it takes modMark to ban me for 'not actually spamming'... anyway

Problem is, all it takes is rudders to sell a shit player for 10x what hes worth or get a transfer of a quality player for foxestalk to start jerking him off once again.

#sameold

This sums us up though doesn't it - we probably have thrown all of our eggs in the basket of a manager (Potter) who won't come here now that we've been relegated. We don't plan for what was a very realistic possibility.

If Brighton or Brentford lost their manager this week they would already have at least 5 potential candidates lined up despite both managers performing well.

Absolutely not a word from the club again which is no surprise. I'm absolutely not giving any benefit of the doubt on any delays to getting people in this summer after that disgrace a year ago.

• Like 4

Rudders the Rudder-less.

He’ll probably round up a few Premier League has-beens, and unknown foreign weirdos and carry on fart-sniffing until we’re mid-table by Christmas with a defence more leaky than a middle-aged pregnant lady off her tits on laughing gas.

9 hours ago, Monk said:

I know… just cautious to jump to conclusions that we know / don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. 

My gut feel is that we were destined to get Potter and now we are Championship we need to start the search again. 

However agree that I would like to see a decision on JR asafp because almost all of the other decisions stem from that. 

I'm sure Rudkin will do the review of who fvcked up, and come to the conclusion that it wasn't him. He will then go to his master, Top, and report his findings. Top will then pat him on his head, say "I knew it wouldn't be down to you John, Carry on, you're doing a fine job"!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but bar stepping in to the odd complex negotiation, we've been told Susan Whelan has no direct involvement in the football operation side of Leicester City, that's largely Rudkin and she is instead responsible commercially. 

Therefore it's then a straight shootout between Rodgers and Rudkin, as Andrew Neville won't be negotiating players salaries, transfers fees for incomings and outgoings and the like. We had absolutely no plan to replace Rodgers despite breaking all manner of unsavoury records this season, I could almost understand no back up plan after 7 games when we looked shot to pieces but to still have no back up plan as late as March when we finally sacked him is just astonishing.

That's on Rudkin, as is the farcical situation of our average wage being £94k a week, a host of the contracts expiring and our inability or unrealistic attempts of moving players on, not only to prevent the above but to enable us to refresh the squad we so badly needed last summer. We rejected reasonable bids for Soumare, Praet and Castagne and likely some others. We set the asking price for Tielemans and Soyuncu with 12 months left on their deals at unreasonable figures. 

And if all of that still doesn't get heads nodding that it should land on his door step then how couldn't he have been responsible when, and I quote a very very well regarded journalist - Sam Wallace from The Telegraph

" Rudkin reports directly to Top, as he did Vichai, and is his boss’ chief advisory voice on all matters from signings to managerial sackings and appointments. "

I'm fascinated to know what would constitute Jon Rudkin to finally be performance measured. Maybe we're still one more relegation away from the threshold being breached, or failing EFL FFP if our finances worsen and we don't go up at the first time of asking. Both terrifying prospects but probably not improbable either.

See that's what I wanted - some sort of evidence and narrative, rather than just a polemical attack on him without evidence. 

As I say, I'm no fan or supporter of his. I'd agree that a lot of the footballing failures should lay at his door.

I suppose what we'll never know is who was ultimately responsible for vetoing certains decisions. 

Who specifically turned down offers for players last summer? 

Who was pro and anti Rodgers?

• Like 4

It is all too easy to pile the blame on our own Rasputin.  But for all we know, he could have advised Top to sack Rodgers earlier, and sell players like Tielemans.  How much power does Rudkin really have?  Is it a bit like Everton, where the board is just there as a convenience, because as we can see it is the owner/owners who are making the decisions?  Although it still doesn't stop the Everton fan's call for the board's sacking.

4 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

It is all too easy to pile the blame on our own Rasputin.  But for all we know, he could have advised Top to sack Rodgers earlier, and sell players like Tielemans.  How much power does Rudkin really have?  Is it a bit like Everton, where the board is just there as a convenience, because as we can see it is the owner/owners who are making the decisions?  Although it still doesn't stop the Everton fan's call for the board's sacking.

Unlikely. All decent sources report Rudkin was a huge fan of Rodgers.

Knowing how Rodgers operates like he does, I think his eyes will have lit up when he see Rudkin on a day to day basis. He knew he could pull all the strings once he got his feet under the table. I bet he wooed Susan and Top. 

Rudkin is a fraud. Brendan's a fraud but at least he has credentials to be a manager. His fraudulence comes from making people believe he is elite. Rudkin is like one of them people we see in every company who's wormed his way up by knowing how the play the game.

Get rid of him Top, or get out the club. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 2

There’ll be those who use the old iTs OnLy BeEn FiVe DaYs come back on this but everything, nearly a week after relegation suggest we have the same lazy attitude that has followed us for the last two seasons. 

The old adage that no one is bigger than the club is bollocks when it comes to us. Top and in part Rudkin are given special privileges by the fan base and effectively free to reign despite obvious shortcomings. This man should’ve been gone within hours the failure on transfers, recruitment, managerial change, ethics, work rate etc. falls within his department. What the F does Top want to prove keeping him on. 

Has the post mortem on our demise actually taken place?  Any white smoke seen rising above the KP to indicate a new Manager is in place?

tick tick tick tick tick tick…….

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

This new mantra of “Rudkin was a big fan of Rodgers” seems to get repeated more and more often. But last season the big rumour was that they couldn’t stand each other??? 

The reality is, the influence and control of Rudkin, if you don’t get on with him, you’re gone. I think the latest rumours of them two having a positive relationship is probably right. 

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Given he's got 2 other jobs, at Leuven and the horse racing operations, I'd find it extremely interesting to understand just how much they effect his ability to perform what's expected of him as DOF at Leicester.

It's clear that Vichai and now Top trust him explicitly, he's got absolutely no business being involved in horse racing on merit and therefore perhaps it's time he stepped aside and oversaw things with a lighter touch and maybe we get out of this mess.

I think the fact that we're now in the Championship is a pretty good indicator on how much his other roles have affected his ability to perform...

• Like 1

Paul Barber Brighton CEO said before Dan Ashworth left they were looking at his replacements and speaking openly. They identified David Weir who was loan's manager at the time. They gave him 6 months as a technical director as a trial period. Compare that with our situation Rudkin is never doing that. An then when Ashworth moves to Newcastle the replacement is already there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Paul Barber Brighton CEO said before Dan Ashworth left they were looking at his replacements and speaking openly. They identified David Weir who was loan's manager at the time. They gave him 6 months as a technical director as a trial period. Compare that with our situation Rudkin is never doing that. An then when Ashworth moves to Newcastle the replacement is already there.

Exactly right. This is where we have taken our eye off the ball and let clubs move ahead off us.

Rudders maybe a nice bloke etc etc but ask yourself if any top 10 PL club would head hunt him if they had a vacancy. Not happening. More chance of being kicked by a snake.

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I could almost understand no back up plan after 7 games when we looked shot to pieces but to still have no back up plan as late as March when we finally sacked him is just astonishing.

That's on Rudkin, as is the farcical situation of our average wage being £94k a week, a host of the contracts expiring and our inability or unrealistic attempts of moving players on, not only to prevent the above but to enable us to refresh the squad we so badly needed last summer. We rejected reasonable bids for Soumare, Praet and Castagne and likely some others. We set the asking price for Tielemans and Soyuncu with 12 months left on their deals at unreasonable figures. 

And if all of that still doesn't get heads nodding that it should land on his door step then how couldn't he have been responsible when, and I quote a very very well regarded journalist - Sam Wallace from The Telegraph

" Rudkin reports directly to Top, as he did Vichai, and is his boss’ chief advisory voice on all matters from signings to managerial sackings and appointments. "

I'm fascinated to know what would constitute Jon Rudkin to finally be performance measured. Maybe we're still one more relegation away from the threshold being breached, or failing EFL FFP if our finances worsen and we don't go up at the first time of asking. Both terrifying prospects but probably not improbable either.

It's never great to simply write "This!" in a reply ... but THIS!

On 01/06/2023 at 14:38, dmayne7 said:

Think it's because of plenty of transfer messups, including the Silva debacle and the contract situation has been gross negligence. He got the job with little qualification and was widely derided for his work in the academy. The off the field foundations were built by Pearson, pre-dating his involvement so whilst we can't see all the ins and outs of what he has done, he was the beneficiary of others work, that much we can see.

Your question isn't without merit but given he was riding on others' coat tails, the better question would be what he has done, with evidence, that says he is good at his job?

The fact Evans said he had a chat with him the day before the game is bizarre. What's he saying; 'sorry, no new contract for you'? Or trying to give extra motivation to a guy who's already checked out, and that's something the manager should be doing.

Silva was Whelan negotiating trying to haggle a couple of million saving.

As I said in some earlier posts boss's of other clubs have commented they deal with Whelan not Rudkin.