Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I can agree with you but when it comes to player contracts, that has to fall in his bin and the number expiring over a two year period is his problem 

I also saw a document banded around of previous wages of Daka and Soumare i think it was, what they were on and what they're on now, if true we must have allowed them to name their price

6 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

You could set one up, y'know!

Personally, I don't know enough about the inner-workings to be sure of who has responsibility for what. I'm fairly clear that Rodgers was doing a lousy job as boss, and Top, recently at least, as the ultimately-responsible owner. But, even with fabulously well-off people, I feel a bit uneasy about baying for blood when I'm not sure who is to blame. That instinct seems to be having a damaging impact on society as a whole these days, so I'd understand if people were a bit cautious.

This doesn't mean to say that his sacking wouldn't be in some way reassuring, in that it would indicate that there was some sort of acknowledgement that this Midas complex which KP seem to suffer from has been tempered by a bit of humility, and self-analysis.

But is Rudkin specifically the one to blame? Was it him who missed the deadline by 14 seconds? What if it was someone whom he'd flagged up as a hopeless incompetent, but in whom Vichai had unshakeable faith? Was it him who pushed for Rodgers to get his extension? Was he sounding alarm bells about the players' contract situation? Was he really as close to BR as some journalists indicated, and urging for patience? And if he's ultimately responsible for our downfall, then wouldn't he also be ultimately responsible for our spectacular rise? Why was that all a matter of Vichai's brilliance, when the footballing brain in charge of the operation was Rudkin?

On the other hand, I struggle to believe that the answers to those questions would reflect well on Rudkin. My take is that KP, and Rudkin, weren't the most decisive factors in our rise. We were set up well by a manager who first came to us before they arrived, and who had won two promotions with us before Rudkin came to his role. We then had four more bosses, two of which performed spectacularly for a while before wheels started to come off. As the players assembled by the architects of our modern club - managers and scouts, not chequebook wielding directors - disappeared, so did our success wane. And that's backed up by how chaotically the club has been run in recent times, just as the accusation of a Midas complex would gain weight if the board really did fail to make any significant internal tweaks now, and continue to come out with self-important and self-pitying rubbish like Top's statement.

Should Rudkin go? Is he someone who wasn't primarily responsible for our success, but whose decisions did play a major part in our downfall? I suspect that the answer is 'yes' on both counts. But I don't know. And if I don't know whether someone should be fired or not, I'd take some persuading to sign a petition. What I do know is that there should be far clearer evidence, via sackings or changes of philosophy or frank admissions, that the people in charge understood the need for change.

I set up a protest and I ended up going on my own and throwing a tin of baked beans at Rudkin's car.

Little did I know it was not only bullet proof, but baked beans proof. Not only that, but it was fitted with an adequate alarm. The Filbert Way security were on hand to remove me from the premises. 

I'm writing this from Glen Parva (a big butch woman snuck a phone in for me)

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I can agree with you but when it comes to player contracts, that has to fall in his bin and the number expiring over a two year period is his problem 

Well yes, but ultimately theres a group of overheads behind the scenes making decisions not just Jon. I think hes getting a little harshly judged, again all speculation.

Edited by Simoken

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I'm sure Bowen said he came for an interview at Leicester and didn't think Rudkin liked him or something along those lines 

Wasn’t an interview and it wasn’t necessarily Rudkin. Background checks on his personality via scouts and people who coached him/or played with him didn’t come back favourable 

1 hour ago, notnow john said:

And that’s nothing to do with HIS department?

Of course it's under his watch but directly would have been the recruitment team at the time. It's actually decent due diligence. You win some, you lose some when it comes to signing players and provided it's a more calculated decision, you can accept that

Recently it looks like we completely abandoned character checks given the failure in the likes of Soumare to have any motivation to run. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Wasn’t an interview and it wasn’t necessarily Rudkin. Background checks on his personality via scouts and people who coached him/or played with him didn’t come back favourable 

....that should always be the process, where his character has been evaluated prior to any interview taking place!!!

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Rudkin - is he on the 'Retained' list?

He's on the bulletproof list. I think Top would rather sell up then sack Rudkin. My only hope is that who ever we get as manager, clears up some of our deadwood coaching staff, so that we can start afresh.

• Like 2

Says it all about how deep his fingers run into the club that AC Milan can sack Paolo Maldini, who's done a great job and the Maldini family is that club, because things weren't as good this year. Yet Top can't put aside his personal relationship with Rudders for the betterment of the club. Sad

• Like 2

It's tike Rudkin brought in a sporting director under him, if he's not going to either be moved on or his remit only be Leicester City.

This summer we'll see a squad turnover of 20+ players that he's got to negotiate amongst all manner of other stuff. I'd promote Robert Huth to sporting director, finally try and overhaul the academy (he needs to relinquish his control over that too).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's tike Rudkin brought in a sporting director under him, if he's not going to either be moved on or his remit only be Leicester City.

This summer we'll see a squad turnover of 20+ players that he's got to negotiate amongst all manner of other stuff. I'd promote Robert Huth to sporting director, finally try and overhaul the academy (he needs to relinquish his control over that too).

Is this a prediction or just hopeful 

57 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Is this a prediction or just hopeful 

Sadly it's more hopeful than anything, would make the most logical sense though. Rudkins evidently not going anywhere, so he should step in to a less hands on role given he's about 3 full time jobs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sadly it's more hopeful than anything, would make the most logical sense though. Rudkins evidently not going anywhere, so he should step in to a less hands on role given he's about 3 full time jobs.

Good shout. I suspect this was a factor in Rudkin giving Rodgers so much control. He thought he’d found his man while he could focus on other parts of KP and he didn’t need to be so hands-on. And we know how that worked out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s a great shout Ric, promoting Huth to focus on LCFC with Rudkin remaining in his role overseeing all aspects of KP’s sporting activities would be a win win scenario for Top, it brings about some level of change whilst allowing Top and Rudkin to somewhat save face. 

• Like 1