Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why would anyone use it as an excuse. We have teams of people who work on these things. 

Two people conversing in Pigeon English about a Thai player who clearly won’t be anywhere near the team… what could go wrong. 

Who are these teams of people that get deals over the line for us?

Genuinely interested as we barely seem to be able to focus on more than one deal at a time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Who are these teams of people that get deals over the line for us?

Genuinely interested as we barely seem to be able to focus on more than one deal at a time.

Deals involve people from lawyers, club secretaries, general admins and PA’s, Whelan has been involved in plenty and the head of recruitment of course. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Deals involve people from lawyers, club secretaries, general admins and PA’s, Whelan has been involved in plenty and the head of recruitment of course. 

Seems like Rudkin is surplus to requirements then if all these people can do the job while he's on holiday with Top.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha :D 

Sound like we're calling that one a win for me? :ph34r:

Sounds like you don’t understand how a football club works to me. Irregardless of anyone’s feelings towards Rudkin, I think he’s a plank too, but a proper director of football will be doing 15 hour days and integral alongside the team that Babylon quoted in getting any deal over the line. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha :D 

Sound like we're calling that one a win for me? :ph34r:

Not really. Sounds like you have no idea how a corporate business operates.

A team needs someone to provide leadership and guidance in a hierarchical structure. Not saying Rudkin is good but it obviously doesn't make his job redundant because he does do the day-to-day lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adster said:

Not really. Sounds like you have no idea how a corporate business operates.

A team needs someone to provide leadership and guidance in a hierarchical structure. Not saying Rudkin is good but it obviously doesn't make his job redundant because he does do the day-to-day lol

I was being flippant incase it wasn't obvious haha. I unfortunately understand corporate business and the amount of brown-nosing, pointless-meeting lovers that come with it.

He's clearly not good at it though. Hes responsible for the football side of things and overseen one of the greatest declines seen in football and at a rapid speed.

If my team performed like that I'd probably quit myself out of embarrassment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I was being flippant incase it wasn't obvious haha. I unfortunately understand corporate business and the amount of brown-nosing, pointless-meeting lovers that come with it.

He's clearly not good at it though. Hes responsible for the football side of things and overseen one of the greatest declines seen in football and at a rapid speed.

If my team performed like that I'd probably quit myself out of embarrassment.

Sounds like the corporate world has spat you out. 

He’s probably got a mortgage and a family so didn’t want to give up his pay check. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Sounds like the corporate world has spat you out. 

He’s probably got a mortgage and a family so didn’t want to give up his pay check. 

Probably true, he must know he'd never get as much of a cushty gig anywhere else as clubs must realise he's an absolute embarrassment and clearly well out of his depth.

Shame our club has to suffer for it though.

11 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Sounds like you don’t understand how a football club works to me. Irregardless of anyone’s feelings towards Rudkin, I think he’s a plank too, but a proper director of football will be doing 15 hour days and integral alongside the team that Babylon quoted in getting any deal over the line. 

...if he has time to oversee khun Top's horses and their training and the logistics that relates to their ability to perform,  then he is surely not putting in the hours that you envisage!!!

Also being DoF for OHL as well as running our academy, it smacks more of empire building than someone capable of handling his own workload.

The only reason for "empire building" is the knowledge that you are inadequate in your post and seek to make yourself appear indispensable to your bosses by the the amount of work they perceive that you do.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

Pleased to see this thread getting some activity again. It seemed totally clear to me (in my view) that alot of our issues including the relegation came from poorly managed activities off the playing field where players had one eye out the door as a result poorly managed contracts, and club paralysed on developing itself through overpaid average players taking a disproportionate share of the budget.

My thought is he will get away with any blame by keeping his head down long enough and somehow making a few decent signings on the rebuild.. of course this is at the cost of relegation and hundreds of millions of lost revenue. 

I could also be totally wrong in that a major director of a company who is clearly one of two directors making the major decisions is nothing to do with this situation and the blame lies with others, which would result in another massively overpaid role doing little to nothing at the club.

If Rudkin is as bad as most think Viachi would have binned him off. A few years ago TS had a full hour trying to explain a DoF's roll. The outcome was the roll is different in every club I.e. every club they have different rolls.

So unless its explained exactly what he is expected to do by the club how can we judge him. We think he is doing 60% at best, but he could be 100% as far as his roll is expected of him by Top and Viachi are were concerned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If Rudkin is as bad as most think Viachi would have binned him off. A few years ago TS had a full hour trying to explain a DoF's roll. The outcome was the roll is different in every club I.e. every club they have different rolls.

So unless its explained exactly what he is expected to do by the club how can we judge him. We think he is doing 60% at best, but he could be 100% as far as his roll is expected of him by Top and Viachi are were concerned.

Bare in mind that Pearson laid some spectacular ground work that literally just needed maintaining by the time Rudkin took over from Robinson. Pearson did what a tob class DoF does and put in place a fantastic structure with top class people in their roles.

Easy enough to ride off the back of that. You know the recipe for success, just maintain that and keep honing it.

He took a risk on handing it all over to Rodgers and it backfired spectacularly, showing him up to be the out of his depth clown he is.

Again though, people trying to make out that he created this unstoppable force and then it just happens to have gone wrong due to a bit of bad luck.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

Bare in mind that Pearson laid some spectacular ground work that literally just needed maintaining by the time Rudkin took over from Robinson. Pearson did what a tob class DoF does and put in place a fantastic structure with top class people in their roles.

Easy enough to ride off the back of that. You know the recipe for success, just maintain that and keep honing it.

He took a risk on handing it all over to Rodgers and it backfired spectacularly, showing him up to be the out of his depth clown he is.

Again though, people trying to make out that he created this unstoppable force and then it just happens to have gone wrong due to a bit of bad luck.

This is spot on and ultimately why Pearson is so highly thought of.

On 23/07/2023 at 11:13, Nick said:

So you’ve never made blunders at work and learnt from them?

There’s a difference between mistakenly ordering a box of red biros instead of blue ones and punching a parent out because he threatened to get you sacked because you wouldn’t rig his indolent son’s results. At which point I was sacked.

Rudkin has not accidentally stocked up on helium filled footballs. He has been metaphorically punching the club in the tits, in the same way that Whelan has dropped her knickers, lifted her skirt, squatted over the chest of every fan and curled out a massive shit.

Some things can’t be framed as learning experiences.

• Haha 1