Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

42 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There’s a difference between mistakenly ordering a box of red biros instead of blue ones and punching a parent out because he threatened to get you sacked because you wouldn’t rig his indolent son’s results. At which point I was sacked.

Rudkin has not accidentally stocked up on helium filled footballs. He has been metaphorically punching the club in the tits, in the same way that Whelan has dropped her knickers, lifted her skirt, squatted over the chest of every fan and curled out a massive shit.

Some things can’t be framed as learning experiences.

Stop drinking in the mornings. I won’t tell you again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/07/2023 at 08:50, filbertway said:

I was being flippant incase it wasn't obvious haha. I unfortunately understand corporate business and the amount of brown-nosing, pointless-meeting lovers that come with it.

He's clearly not good at it though. Hes responsible for the football side of things and overseen one of the greatest declines seen in football and at a rapid speed.

If my team performed like that I'd probably quit myself out of embarrassment.

Just wondering who oversaw one of the most rapid climbs up the league, won an FA Cup and Premier League also?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, filbertway said:

Again though, people trying to make out that he created this unstoppable force and then it just happens to have gone wrong due to a bit of bad luck.

And some people are trying to make out he's had nothing to do with it, despite most people Pearson brought in being long gone by the time we were finishing 5th and winning FA Cups. We'd been through pretty much another total rebuild and were lightyears away from Pearson at those points. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Everything wrong about our DOF's role is currently on show. 

This is the most important few weeks for the club with a crazy amount to do.. any owner would suggest staying in england on the correct timezone... maybe im being silly, because we have technology and no real need to stay put but theres a few things. Its quite obviously the standard arse kissing to top and the family that we expect from rudkin... hes there to be seen and heard and to make sure hes the one with access to top.  

He will be spending leisurely time with the owner and respecting thai values and doing all the schmoozing that happens in thailand... trust me theres a lot over there. Everything is about being seen for appearance. But what that means is theres no way he's flown out there to sit and focus on work with the occasional appearance. My guess would be his actual duties are mostly on hold. 

It doesnt sit right with me, because I think its all very obvious. We all know a rudkin in life... hes assuring his position as right hand man but ironically is ignoring his role in the process. 

Does edu swan around with the Kroenkes? Does Dan Ashworth with a few weeks to go? Nope... they will be fully focused to getting what needs to be done, done.

I mean our DOF was caught on holiday in the last week of the window one year... thats laughable. He's not doing his due dilligence. What happens if you get a last minute mega offer? Him sat in his swimmers wouldnt be ready to spring into action to find a solution... just makes no sense in my mind. 

Im not saying our work is on pause... what im suggesting is it isnt being done to the standard that it should be. I want my DOF on the pulse, of every thing that moves in football. You dont just go on holiday with a list of targets and take whatever happens.. I want someone ready to jump into action, that sees that theres an issue at Lorient and can suddently capitalize on a deal... that notices Copenhagen need a cb now and can offer them our dane.   

Just needed to rant because the bloke drives me crazy and I know hes going to come out of the window with roses because weve signed a few big names but the reality is an attractive manager and a gigantic budget is whats doing the business and not him being competent. 

Correct. 

Edu there, with Kronke, last summer in America on their tour. 

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1550703929482248192?s=20

• Haha 1

And before people pipe up, the defence of people within the club doesn't mean they SHOULDN'T face any criticism and haven't done anything wrong. We got relegated, of course people did things wrong. But we've reached peak Foxestalk again, a bit like the Stowell bashing where everything is their fault, nothing good was ever anything to do with them and people are grasping as things to bash them about. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Just wondering who oversaw one of the most rapid climbs up the league, won an FA Cup and Premier League also?

To be fair, you are correct - but football is a business where you can't get overawed and lost in past successes if the current situation is dire.

Rudkin absolutely should get credit for his role in our successes, I don't disagree there - but there is no disputing that he has also and more recently been part of what is ostensibly a colossal embarrassment of a relegation into the Championship from an incredibly strong position only a few years back.

Obviously we can't know exactly what part he has to play in said collapse, but as Director of Football - he has to shoulder some degree of blame for where we are imo - because as a club we look to have been run horrifically in the most recent years, beyond simply looking at performances and relegation.

Just as say managers who were brilliant like Ranieri, and even though I dislike saying it, Rodgers in the first period of his tenure; they were brilliant and achieved a lot for us there should be no disputing that, but neither for example despite those successes should have been retained when they were sending us downwards as a club. Unfortunately despite the fact that we sacked Ranieri probably at the correct time, we let Rodgers stagnate and send us backwards for far too long - which was a glaring mistake.

Obviously the role of DoF is far less simple to equate to poor performance as a club in the way the manager is, but I'm more talking about the overarching point.

So yes, Rudkin has been a part of our successes and that shouldn't be ignored, but on the basis of looking at how we've been run as a club in the past few years, I think both statements of he should get credit for that, and he is possibly no longer fit for purpose here are true.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

To be fair, you are correct - but football is a business where you can't get overawed and lost in past successes if the current situation is dire.

Rudkin absolutely should get credit for his role in our successes, I don't disagree there - but there is no disputing that he has also and more recently been part of what is ostensibly a colossal embarrassment of a relegation into the Championship from an incredibly strong position only a few years back.

Obviously we can't know exactly what part he has to play in said collapse, but as Director of Football - he has to shoulder some degree of blame for where we are imo - because as a club we look to have been run horrifically in the most recent years, beyond simply looking at performances and relegation.

Just as say managers who were brilliant like Ranieri, and even though I dislike saying it, Rodgers in the first period of his tenure; they were brilliant and achieved a lot for us there should be no disputing that, but neither for example despite those successes should have been retained when they were sending us downwards as a club. Unfortunately despite the fact that we sacked Ranieri probably at the correct time, we let Rodgers stagnate and send us backwards for far too long - which was a glaring mistake.

Obviously the role of DoF is far less simple to equate to poor performance as a club in the way the manager is, but I'm more talking about the overarching point.

So yes, Rudkin has been a part of our successes and that shouldn't be ignored, but on the basis of looking at how we've been run as a club in the past few years, I think both statements of he should get credit for that, and he is possibly no longer fit for purpose here are true.

It's very difficult to apportion blame on one person though isn't it, the simple fact is we just don't know the facts. What if he went to Top and said we need to get rid and he said no? Still his fault?

People moan about us not spending money and apportion all the blame on wages, yet ignore the fact paying for Seagrave and the stadium expansion were a large part of not having money to spend. And that's not even Top's fault, they were just carrying out the plan laid down by Vichai. 

People have slated him for signing Vestergaard, he just backed the manager with who HE wanted. I find it difficult to apportion blame. 

What we got was a few key decisions wrong, and unfortunately as I said a year ago It's like turning around an oil tanker, you can try and solve the problems and not see whether that change has worked for 18 months or more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's very difficult to apportion blame on one person though isn't it, the simple fact is we just don't know the facts. What if he went to Top and said we need to get rid and he said no? Still his fault?

People moan about us not spending money and apportion all the blame on wages, yet ignore the fact paying for Seagrave and the stadium expansion were a large part of not having money to spend. And that's not even Top's fault, they were just carrying out the plan laid down by Vichai. 

People have slated him for signing Vestergaard, he just backed the manager with who HE wanted. I find it difficult to apportion blame. 

What we got was a few key decisions wrong, and unfortunately as I said a year ago It's like turning around an oil tanker, you can try and solve the problems and not see whether that change has worked for 18 months or more. 

The training ground cost has nothing to do with FFP !!!  Stadium costs too !!! 

Edited by jamesmilner

52 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Who said it did? You realise that they cost money though don't you, which reduces the amount of money have to spend each season. 

If we are paying £20m in interest each season, it means we have £20m less to spend elsewhere.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Obviously.

But if you an owner who business is in the shitter due to COVID you only have so much money to spend on a football.

It's not that difficult to grasp.

• Like 1

Did the owners hire him for his current role in the first place?

This is where the FoxesTrust really needs to get answers from the club, for the club's supporters, and see why there's been failings by certain individuals who seem untouchable.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

This is where the FoxesTrust really needs to get answers from the club, for the club's supporters, and see why there's been failings by certain individuals who seem untouchable.

Yes he was hired after the debacle of Terry Robinson. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wymsey said:

...the Foxes Trust have no bite or ability to challenge the club to do better!!!

To all intents and purposes, it is an extension of the club, warts and all.