Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's fair, if they gave two monkeys what the fans thought of how they handle things, I'm not sure they do though. 

Building a relationship with his new manager face go face, discussing needs, wants, targets etc. If these things can't be done well remotely as you suggest, then it's important for him to be there and be present and seen as active by his new manager. There is more to do there, compared to transfers which won't reach face to face stage until an offer is even accepted. 

That should be sorted before a preseason tour

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This is the problem - Rudkin is either compliant with the SE Asia Tour going ahead or he should have the balls to stand up to Top as DofF and say its not what the club requires at this particular juncture. Of course, I may have misjudged him and he did in fact stand up to Top and suggest the tour to SE Asia is a mistake. If so, have the morals to resign if you don't agree with it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

This is the problem - Rudkin is either compliant with the SE Asia Tour going ahead or he should have the balls to stand up to Top as DofF and say its not what the club requires at this particular juncture. Of course, I may have misjudged him and he did in fact stand up to Top and suggest the tour to SE Asia is a mistake. If so, have the morals to resign if you don't agree with it.

Apparently Rudkin’s nickname internally suggests he’s a huge brownnoser 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Building a relationship with his new manager face go face, discussing needs, wants, targets etc. If these things can't be done well remotely as you suggest, then it's important for him to be there and be present and seen as active by his new manager. There is more to do there, compared to transfers which won't reach face to face stage until an offer is even accepted. 

Yes, excellent point.

They all need to get their crap together now, though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The signing of poor players on fat lengthy contracts is going to hamper us for some time yet and still no accountability regarding those responsible 

I imagine the publicised review by the football top brass will amount to something like this 

image.thumb.png.b7a50957e530981122e9b2a0af21bcaf.png

This is what I struggle with.  There are people on here who argue Rudkin is not culpable for anything that has gone on over the past 18 months. I wish these same people would offer up their ideas as to what his brief was/is!  Is a DoF not in any way responsible for the failure of both the first team and U23’s in the same season?? If not, who the Christian Fuchs is??

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Ha ha what? There are a hundred and one details to go over, with a constantly evolving landscape. Especially when the manager has only just joined the club and is discovering things all the time that he didn't know about before. He barely even knows his own players. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

It's likely it was agreed long ago, contracts signed etc. Perhaps they are all well aware that it's not ideal, but with relegation we're having to deal with the hand we've got right now. We just don't know. 

56 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's fair, if they gave two monkeys what the fans thought of how they handle things, I'm not sure they do though. 

Interesting point really when the rumour is he didn't have much of input to the appointment of Maresca. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's likely it was agreed long ago, contracts signed etc. Perhaps they are all well aware that it's not ideal, but with relegation we're having to deal with the hand we've got right now. We just don't know. 

Fair point - I just prefer the approach where the manager has time to work with the team that is conducive to us a) being prepared for the upcoming season and b) has a beneficial impact on fitness. That's the model that worked so well under Pearson. I think we all know and agree that the SE Asia trip is all about promotional investment and probably generates a sizeable amount of money, but to what expense? Like you said, when the trip was organised no one envisaged relegation, but these trips are now a regular feature of pre-season and my own personal view is that the benefits don't outweigh the drawbacks.

Rudkin shouldn’t have any input over anything that goes on at the club..

we have been managed terribly off the pitch for the last 2/3 years.

we’re going into battle next Sunday with probably 8 /9 starters from last seasons relegation squad.. The poison is still there..most of em couldn’t give a sh1t last season, nothing will change..

• Like 2

It's starting again to go OTT and getting worse than again a typical foxesforum

Witch-hunt..

Whether I want to see a certain management group turn around,and have that after relegation it's a good time & reason to say thanks,but not any further no thanks..

New ,fresh faces also on this plain needed.Top has to learn to let go,though his father sometimes also shown ill advised loyalties...

In the normal working life,it might be a nice way to show decorum & old friends acts,but in sport management,we push the coaches/managers out, we also have to look at those open B.room management positions that lead to poor seasons and relegation...

KP family keeping to those hard loyalties is worth being proud of to a certain extent..but all the cupboards need a spring-clean mentality..

Top/KP have to show they have the wisdom to point the way,to open and begin a new era,and not allow a witch hunt mentality to build  and an OTT protection ideology to grow over the next few years,that will rip the club assunder into lower parts of the league's...But also fans have to show they have a better understanding and not create a Permanent witch-hunt mentality that also sends this at present excellent forum and club fans perspectives into nose-dive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

He wouldn't rock the boat. The bloke's a puppet.

On 26/07/2023 at 14:04, Jobyfox said:

Too true.

Rudkin was here when we won the Premier League and FA Cup. He’s also still here when we were relegated so which way do we turn in an assessment of his ability? 

Just as when we were successful it was collective responsibility - it’s the same now. I really don’t think it’s as simple as blaming one individual. Brendan has gone so another focus for our anger is needed. 

My personal theory is a lot has happened since we won the league. The owner died, the pandemic happened and lots of other clubs got major investment. Our owners were the very top of the table when they first arrived, but more recently there has been stagnation (Whelan, Rudkin etc staying in charge), lack of investment (maybe necessitated by Covid) and a reduction in enthusiasm (it doesn’t seem as high as when Vichai was involved). 

We’ve paid the price and it might take a succession of things to put it right: new owners or new investment? Change of boardroom? Off pitch innovation?
Rudkin going might well be part of the solution but, in my view, it would only be a very small part. 

I think you have your answer there, what has changed is Top is the new chairman.

Susan and Top have been let off in my opinion.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

You can't just resign because you don't like a pre season tour.