Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

Here's how it will play out:

Hapless Rudkin stays in charge > LCFC flounder in Champ or worse > Parachute payments run out in 3 years > KP sell up > LCFC sold to US private equity, Rudkin gets his P45 

Lottery numbers please...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's mad people defend him on here when even people inside the club take the piss.

Very true, but his PR Machine on FT is master-minded by a clone of Joseph Goebbels.

I don’t know the answer but have we received more in transfer fees than we have spent in our 10 yrs in the prem.Utd have spent over a billion other clubs massively and with far less success than us, perhaps that’s why Rudkin is popular in Tops eyes

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Still can't believe some of our own got turned on physically for finally letting Rodgers know what we thought of him.

Id fully fund a banner like above but about 50 times bigger lol

It's like a cult at this point. The further it fails the more defensive they get.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ricey said:

image.thumb.png.4371d59717ebf4c9a4e12f92731a36c1.png

From todays Percy article.

Laugh or you'll cry.

I said it after we went down, nothing is going to change until King Power sell up. Focusing solely on Rudkin is one big distraction, how about we focus on the people above him who are actually responsible for him being in this position? 

• Like 1

What’s beyond frustrating is feels like nothing has changed.

The poor communication is still there, club is on fire to anyone paying attention. 

5 GKs, 7 CBS and 1 wingee

And nothing which tells fans why Souttar, VK and Iversen are all getting marginalised; whilst some clowns from the past Vesty & Praet are in the good books

41 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I said it after we went down, nothing is going to change until King Power sell up. Focusing solely on Rudkin is one big distraction, how about we focus on the people above him who are actually responsible for him being in this position? 

'Be careful what you wish for' lol

Someone will be along shortly to remind you of the FA Cup win and PL win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If you know they aren’t going to play, would you rather pay their wages and let their contracts run down which results in getting no fee to save the embarrassment of awful business in the first place? 

I would rather get £3m than nothing.

I’d rather loan them out it that is the better deal. Selling them doesn’t mean it’s automatically better than a loan. And visa versa.

Also, if we have no budget for a replacement and we would need a replacement, then you are better off having the player. 

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Always makes me laugh the people on here who say that you can't hold the Director of Football responsible for the direction of the football side of the club. Just as previously there were those who said Head of Senior Recruitment Lee Congerton couldn't be held responsible for the recruitment of senior players.

And more so the argument that 'you don't know what they do', as if that isn't also an argument for getting rid of them in basically every workplace in the world.

Well, yes that is an argument for getting rid of someone if you are in charge of a business. But definitely not if you don't know what they do because you don't know anything about how that business functions. There are people in every business who play vital roles without people on the outside fully understanding what they are.

I fully believe that there are deeply-rooted problems at our club which haven't been addressed. The calibre of our playing staff suggests we should go up at a canter, but I'd be stunned if that happened. And even if it did, I expect these issues would resurface before long. I also strongly suspect that any serious root-and-branch re-evaluation may have spelt the end for Rudkin. But there are a number of very good reasons to be a bit less certain than you are that he is the source of our problems.

Firstly, because he was holding the same role during the most successful periods in our history, unlike the chairman (who is actually responsible for all of this stuff). Secondly, because if you look at our boardroom, he's the only person with any knowledge of coaching. He is the 'footballing voice' in a room packed with people who know nothing about the sport. I've also been in that situation - like many others on here, I'm sure - as the only person who is actually qualified in my trade, in a room full of wealthy folk who don't really have a clue what they're on about. Given our lack of knowledge of the dynamics of the situation (who has overruled who, who has been appointed to a senior role without having any credentials, who has said 'thanks Jon, but I'll go with Brendan on this one'), there's a huge danger that we're scapegoating the only person who has a clue what he's doing.

This isn't being apologetic for the incompetence we've seen. It's acknowledging it and hoping the club don't lurch towards solutions which might appeal to you and many others, without addressing the more fundamental issues. Yes, Rudkin is probably part of the problem rather than the solution. But I doubt very much that he deserves to be the target of our derision.

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Always makes me laugh the people on here who say that you can't hold the Director of Football responsible for the direction of the football side of the club. Just as previously there were those who said Head of Senior Recruitment Lee Congerton couldn't be held responsible for the recruitment of senior players.

And more so the argument that 'you don't know what they do', as if that isn't also an argument for getting rid of them in basically every workplace in the world.

The clue is in the job title, right? 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I’d rather loan them out it that is the better deal. Selling them doesn’t mean it’s automatically better than a loan. And visa versa.

Also, if we have no budget for a replacement and we would need a replacement, then you are better off having the player. 

I would agree with you on the basis that the club taking the player on loan, covers all wages and isn’t paying a percentage, which is rarely the case for foreign clubs and you are still stuck with paying a percentage of someone’s wages who is not at the club.

The way Top acted after relegation and then to take us on this shitshow of a pre season tour has really shown me what kind of person he is. Naive, vain, arrogant, petulant and a far cry from the image he had under his Dad.

Rudkin is a willy puller. Nothing has changed there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Very possible that we get promoted because this squad which should never have been in The Championship in the first place is too strong for the league and then some defend him with: “he oversaw our immediate return to the Premier League so he can’t be doing too bad a job” :frusty:

Couldn't really care less about Rudkin getting plaudits if we got promoted!

7 hours ago, eblair said:

What’s beyond frustrating is feels like nothing has changed.

The poor communication is still there, club is on fire to anyone paying attention. 

5 GKs, 7 CBS and 1 wingee

And nothing which tells fans why Souttar, VK and Iversen are all getting marginalised; whilst some clowns from the past Vesty & Praet are in the good books

tbf enzo isn't gonna turn around in a press conference and go "yknow what, i just think harry's crvp at football"

15 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Yes to a degree, DoF is the bridge between the board and the footballing staff.  What we dont know is what powers our DoF has, as it varies from club to club, a comment from the chairman of a French club got my attention though when he said dealing with Whelan was difficult which suggests to me Whelan is involved in our player transfers in some way.

Do I think its plausible that Rudkin has full authority over all football matters at the club including budgets and contracts? No.

35 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Yes to a degree, DoF is the bridge between the board and the footballing staff.  What we dont know is what powers our DoF has, as it varies from club to club, a comment from the chairman of a French club got my attention though when he said dealing with Whelan was difficult which suggests to me Whelan is involved in our player transfers in some way.

Do I think its plausible that Rudkin has full authority over all football matters at the club including budgets and contracts? No.

He is the Director of Football. The direction of the football side of the club is nosediving and has been for two years. It is therefore reasonable to conclude the performance of the Director of Football is not good and hold them accountable accordingly. That's really all there is to it and you don't need the ins and outs. However from the bits and pieces that do reach our ears if you think he's been a helpless bystander in all this I'm afraid you are an ostrich.

F2rxBw8XEAAQmeq.jpeg

Edited by ealingfox

8 hours ago, blaaklint said:

tbf enzo isn't gonna turn around in a press conference and go "yknow what, i just think harry's crvp at football"

I wouldn’t mind the club leaking to Percy they’re thinking which is how most clubs do it. Think the line in his article about how secretive we are was telling