Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He is the Director of Football. The direction of the football side of the club is nosediving and has been for two years. It is therefore reasonable to conclude the performance of the Director of Football is not good and hold them accountable accordingly. That's really all there is to it and you don't need the ins and outs. However from the bits and pieces that do reach our ears if you think he's been a helpless bystander in all this I'm afraid you are an ostrich.

F2rxBw8XEAAQmeq.jpeg

Do you not think the global pandemic that crippled us financially, the ridiculous injuries  that crippled our squad & the players not being able to defend set pieces had anything to do with it? 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Albert said:

Do you not think the global pandemic that crippled us financially, the ridiculous injuries  that crippled our squad & the players not being able to defend set pieces had anything to do with it? 

You can direct attribute two of those points to decisions made by the manager which is subsequently approved by Rudkin (or should be in the role of DoF) 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some of the stuff I've heard recently is absolutely staggering. Still think there's massive fall out to come I'm afraid. 

Do expand, I love a good fruity rumour with a touch of Ric humour...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some of the stuff I've heard recently is absolutely staggering. Still think there's massive fall out to come I'm afraid. 

Is there anything you can share? Is it financial related or more about the individuals within the club? 

I feel we have got ourselves a top coach and the players seem to have really bought into his methods and how he wants to play. I am clinging onto the hope that Top is infatuated with Enzo and will act to remove Rudkin if he feels Enzo’s frustrations are becoming a risk to his long term project. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Noticed in recent interview (not presser) that Enzo talked about the whole Man City set up being a pleasure to work with, including specifically DofF  but didn't then go on to say how marvelous Rudkin and rest of City set up was. Already frustrated?

He’s sounded a bit annoyed to me a few times already 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 99 Problems said:

Now the finances aren’t on Rudkin but what he is responsible for includes all other football related activities. That’s ultimately managerial appointments, staff and coaching appointments - including medical, appointing a head of recruitment - the entire football operation and onfield football activities sit under him. 

How did you manage to get hold of his contract?  All of the above is assumed by you and many others.

Yet none of us know what his exact job is. Oh as far as appointing managers goes, he only has a say just like sacking them, he does not have the final word.

That's all down to Top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

He is the Director of Football. The direction of the football side of the club is nosediving and has been for two years. It is therefore reasonable to conclude the performance of the Director of Football is not good and hold them accountable accordingly. That's really all there is to it and you don't need the ins and outs. However from the bits and pieces that do reach our ears if you think he's been a helpless bystander in all this I'm afraid you are an ostrich.

F2rxBw8XEAAQmeq.jpeg

Yet the CEO is responsible for the DoF.

Sorry but I dont agree that you can come to this conclusion so easily, there is no evidence of which part of the upper management structure is doing what.  What happens e.g. if Rudkin is ordered to do something by Top or Whelan, it ends up been bad, is it Rudkin or the person who gave the order at fault?

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Sorry but I dont agree that you can come to this conclusion so easily, there is no evidence of which part of the upper management structure is doing what.  What happens e.g. if Rudkin is ordered to do something by Top or Whelan, it ends up been bad, is it Rudkin or the person who gave the order at fault?

In my eyes on the ‘roles’ point and not doing what’s included 

I’m judging Rudkin on what comparable Director of Footballs do at other functioning clubs. 

• Like 2

Just now, CosbehFox said:

In my eyes on the ‘roles’ point and not doing what’s included 

I’m judging Rudkin on what comparable Director of Footballs do at other functioning clubs. 

What do they do?

I have read all sorts of varying stories, from being in control of recruiting and firing managers and players, to merely been a go between between manager and board.  It varies from club to club from what I can tell.  Probably by how much hands off an owner and/or their CEO wants to be.

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What do they do?

I have read all sorts of varying stories, from being in control of recruiting and firing managers and players, to merely been a go between between manager and board.  It varies from club to club from what I can tell.  Probably by how much hands off an owner and/or their CEO wants to be.

- Negotiating transfers

- negotiating player contracts

- sourcing new managerial appointments

- keeping an eye on the academy 

- Continuing to improve standards in sports science/conditioning, scouting, medical and analytics 

- Support existing first team manager as a go between board and manager 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

- Negotiating transfers

- negotiating player contracts

- sourcing new managerial appointments

- keeping an eye on the academy 

- Continuing to improve standards in sports science/conditioning, scouting, medical and analytics 

- Support existing first team manager as a go between board and manager 

I dont think he negotiates our transfers, the story of the french club's chairman, and also a bbc article I read about whelan negotiating the maguire fee.

If he isnt doing that then it puts in to question whether he has much flexibility and involvement on player contracts.

We also know assuming rodgers was telling truth, that top has direct contact with his manager.

https://theathletic.com/1122588/2019/08/09/she-quotes-bowie-and-is-a-qualified-sailing-instructor-the-rise-of-leicester-ceo-susan-whelan/

Maguire might have been a one off, but just dont know.  Thats why I am holding back on blaming him for everything. Maybe we will find out in Kasper's book. :)

Edited by Chrysalis

10 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would agree with you on the basis that the club taking the player on loan, covers all wages and isn’t paying a percentage, which is rarely the case for foreign clubs and you are still stuck with paying a percentage of someone’s wages who is not at the club.

The same can happen with a sale, or you have to accept a lower fee that covers a proportion. 

I just don’t think there is a one size fits all solution. It’s entirely circumstance based. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont think he negotiates our transfers, the story of the french club's chairman, and also a bbc article I read about whelan negotiating the maguire fee.

If he isnt doing that then it puts in to question whether he has much flexibility and involvement on player contracts.

We also know assuming rodgers was telling truth, that top has direct contact with his manager.

https://theathletic.com/1122588/2019/08/09/she-quotes-bowie-and-is-a-qualified-sailing-instructor-the-rise-of-leicester-ceo-susan-whelan/

He does negotiate our transfers, certainly on incomings. It has however been documented that when we have particularly high value sales such as Maguire, Chilwell, Fofana, Maddison etc that Whelan has often stepped in.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

One of the most clued-up figures on our club in the English football media is literally telling us that 

a) he has had extensive authority and influence up to this point, and

b) he arguably has even more now

Yet you are ignoring this and deciding you know more. What do you think he does if he isn't involved in transfers?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What do they do?

Whoever is responsible for overseeing player Contract Management and Recruitment - needs removing. So if it is not Rudkin - who is it??

11 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Very possible that we get promoted because this squad which should never have been in The Championship in the first place is too strong for the league

You and too many others in cloud cuckoo land thinking this.

We are underprepared and our squad is lacking in a lot of areas. The most concerning area is the lack of creativity. By definition, if we are not creating chances there will be a shortage of goals, which then creates pressure on us not to concede.

Personally I just don't think we're strong enough or good enough to get promoted from this league.

• Haha 2

As a fanbase we can a play a part in this, I am not saying Enzo is the messiah but from what I have seen so far and the sound bites from the players, he does seem a very good coach and if given the time, environment and players who are committed to the project then he will deliver success, very much like Pearson. 

Therefore it’s important we support the Manager, there will be some challenging times ahead, be it spells in matches or a poor run of results but I have seen more than enough positives to back Maresca & his methods, therefore when we do feel frustrated I think it’s important it’s directed towards Rudkin whom many feel has played a more than significant role in our demise. Make no mistake Rodgers well and truly fecked us over but Rudders has been equally to blame in what has been an absolute shit show across every level of our football operations. 

Maresca is the one shining light, the team and style he is looking to introduce is an exciting ray of light in what has been a pretty depressing last 12-18 months. We need to back him and support him and if there’s any hangover or frustration carrying over it has to be directed to the person(s) who are ultimately responsible for the situation we now find ourselves.