Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Yes to a degree, DoF is the bridge between the board and the footballing staff.  What we dont know is what powers our DoF has, as it varies from club to club, a comment from the chairman of a French club got my attention though when he said dealing with Whelan was difficult which suggests to me Whelan is involved in our player transfers in some way.

Do I think its plausible that Rudkin has full authority over all football matters at the club including budgets and contracts? No.

...do you get the feeling there is a co-pendency situation presently at this club!!!

Rudkin and Whelan just appear to be linked in everything and one backs up the other.

With a control freak such as Rudkin, with so many fingers in so many pies, he calls in Susan Whelan to close out the big negotiations. Even after all this time and the financial experts available,  he is still unable to conclude deals (it seems) over a certain value.

Information coming from. @Sambiasso stipulating, no negative slurs against the board or Rudkin, who is the most to benefit from this caveat and who has a vested interest in issuing the caveat.why would you name Rudkin and not just stick to the Board.

This is all speculation I know, but there should have been an independent audit done by the club, the new season with Maresca at the helm has masked what has gone before, but if all does not go as we would wish, we could be back to the vitriol that was once FT for a long time last season.

16 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Go ask the other 23 managers in the league if they’d like a squad with Ricardo, Vardy, Coady, Winks, Castagne, Praet, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Faes, Justin and Dewsbury-Hall.

Then in reserve if they’d like a £15m defender who was one of the best in the league over the past couple of seasons (Souttar), a £17m Danish full back who was playing champions league football recently (Kristiansen), a lad who just won the U21s Euros with England (Thomas), a Premier League winner (Albrighton), a keeper who last time he was in this league won his club’s player of the season (Iversen).

If as ‘deadwood’ they’d like players that have played top level football in the top five leagues across Europe.

For this level, it’s a ridiculously strong squad as it stands. Now that might not translate to success thanks to the shambolic pre-season, the mindset/confidence of the players, the lack of experience of the manager. But as a squad on paper it’s potentially the strongest this league has ever seen.

There is the possibility that quite a few of the players you mention will be gone before the end of the window and some of the others won't be selected by Maresca.

I like what I see and hear of Maresca but our recent demise will be no quick and easy fix.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we're in for a rude awakening at this level. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Rudkin got us £80 million for Maguire by playing hard ball with Utd and a similar fee for Fofana

Certainly not perfect for sure but there are some plus points 

Man Utd and Chelsea are arguably more incompetent and badly run than us.

They however have a backing to be bankrolled and can afford the mistakes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Rudkin got us £80 million for Maguire by playing hard ball with Utd and a similar fee for Fofana

Every big fee we ever received for players was handled by Whelan. We know this for a fact with Fofana and Maguire

27 minutes ago, Holly B said:

...it was stated that Whelan was the one that closed the Fofana deal and more than likely would have been the one to have closed the Maguire deal!!!

He (Rudkin), is not capable to work at that level, an admission by Khun Top that Rudkin has his ceiling and he is underperforming in his role would be good.

• Like 1

These points are relevant but Rodgers disgraceful mishandling of the team was totally backed by Rudkins ineptitude on contracts transfers and planning . This was equally responsible. Rudkina response,to go on a jolly with Top and a crucial time for the relegated club. It beggars belief that the man is still in post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holly B said:

No he didn't.

Whelan handled the Maguire transfer because she'd dealt with Woodward at her previous company.

If you want to give him credit £35m for Drinkwater and £15m for Schlupp (when that was still a lot of money)

• Like 1

There is a case that Rudkin has negotiated some good deals, but if you had a pair of scales with all his positives achievements on one side and all the negative calamities on the other, I think it would be heavily tilted towards the latter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it was stated that Whelan was the one that closed the Fofana deal and more than likely would have been the one to have closed the Maguire deal!!!

He (Rudkin), is not capable to work at that level, an admission by Khun Top that Rudkin has his ceiling and he is underperforming in his role would be good.

No matter what the situation, in business you don't call out one of your senior executives in public.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ealingfox said:

One of the most clued-up figures on our club in the English football media is literally telling us that 

a) he has had extensive authority and influence up to this point, and

b) he arguably has even more now

Yet you are ignoring this and deciding you know more. What do you think he does if he isn't involved in transfers?

You got a quote?

14 hours ago, sylofox said:

How did you manage to get hold of his contract?  All of the above is assumed by you and many others.

Yet none of us know what his exact job is. Oh as far as appointing managers goes, he only has a say just like sacking them, he does not have the final word.

That's all down to Top.

There’s been plenty written on this over the past few years. I can’t be bothered to dig it all out. Rudkin makes the managerial recommendations on hiring and firing - of course Top has the final say but he’s heavily influenced by Rudkin. This has been spoken about and referenced by trusted journalists with sources within the club

it’s generally pretty we’ll know that a director of football is in charge on the football operations of the club. Trying to absolve Rudkin of responsibility is pathetic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you can give him a sideways move, citing his many roles within the King Power Group!!!

I am convinced some Saudi Club will come in for him..................if we offer them enough.

• Haha 1

Just wanted to bump this thread. I'm not a Rudkin fan but...

With Casadei looking close and assuming we get another wing in on loan, we appear to have done excellent business much earlier than our rivals. Rudkins recent record is poor but we've got the manager we wanted and some high quality signings to fill the holes we had. Shame about Coady being injured but think we've done as well as we could thus far and only just started the season.

With the new manager, the club finally listening to goal music and clappers, and getting good signings in relatively quickly, are other people beginning to feel optimistic?

5 hours ago, bmt said:

Just wanted to bump this thread. I'm not a Rudkin fan but...

With Casadei looking close and assuming we get another wing in on loan, we appear to have done excellent business much earlier than our rivals. Rudkins recent record is poor but we've got the manager we wanted and some high quality signings to fill the holes we had. Shame about Coady being injured but think we've done as well as we could thus far and only just started the season.

With the new manager, the club finally listening to goal music and clappers, and getting good signings in relatively quickly, are other people beginning to feel optimistic?

Once the deadwood is cleared will be the time to feel optimistic.  This is where Rudkin needs to excel - i.e. start to correct the catalogue of mistakes he was in part,  the blame for.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Nonsense.

We started the season with a kid making his league debut on right wing, Wilfred Ndidi in an advanced midfielder role, Vestergaard in the starting XI as he was the only back up center half suited to the manager’s system and a lad on left wing who had been with the team about 5 days. Meanwhile we’ve only shifted out players either out of contract or our very best assets.

Sunday was massively: got away with it.

Not to mention the fact we were hugely undercooked due to the shocking pre-season.

Compare it to Leeds and Southampton was the point. Agree on pre season but hardly think that was the DoFs job