Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Pontificating over every little detail and trying to get your own back on the big boys doesn't really aid your quest in getting signings through the door does it?

41 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Pontificating over every little detail and trying to get your own back on the big boys doesn't really aid your quest in getting signings through the door does it?

This doesn't sound like our very efficient and well regarded DOF!

Zero sense of urgency to settle the squad after a much needed rebuild following a pathetic couple of years. 

Im aware he might be working 25 hours a day 8 days a week, but club doesnt help itself with the communication and optics. 

Edited by Gav_LCFC14

9 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Zero sense of urgency to settle the squad after a much needed rebuild following a pathetic couple of years. 

Im aware he might be working 25 hours a day 8 days a week, but club doesnt help itself with the communication and optics. 

For what it's worth I don't believe he isn't trying, I just think he's got quite the rap sheet at this point. The other factor that has been mentioned on here, but not enough, is that he's working pretty much three jobs. How do you expect to get the best out of somebody with that big a workload?

We could probably survive Rudkinomics if we had another head at the club. I notice Leuven are going to pot as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I appreciate transfers are a complex round of negotiations, waiting for other transfers to fall in place etc. But I would love a q and a evening at the KP, where Rudders had to answer questions about the successes and short coming of the transfer window. I'm not advocating a wild west free for all, but a sensible, compared evening where he is at least accountable for his actions. Whilst it's likely he would be very evasive, I'd love to understand more about his role and maybe some explanations on where things have gone wrong, not only with transfers but FFP, salary structure, players running contracts down etc.

Be nice to even hear from him via an interview by the clubs media department. Has he ever done an interview? 

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

There’s a few interviews with DoFs on the training ground guru podcast. It’s doubly depressing because one, they’re light years ahead of ours and secondly we’d never have anybody senior talking about our processes openly now.

Total closed shop behind the scenes. It was just about ok when we were good now it’s cowardly. We get sanitised programme notes or a cry baby statement if we’re lucky.

As many people as possible should take a lead from their approach to communication and unsubscribe from the club’s marketing emails 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It won't happen until a change of ownership. Rudkin can be essentially treated as a co-owner at this point, there is nothing he can do to lose his job or power so we're stuck with him until the ownership changes. We've clearly learnt absolutely nothing in this regard, we're still demanding exorbitant fees for players its in our interests to have off the books. I've seen it time and time again with us, everybody says "there's X time left" yet we see it year in, year out that we won't get everything we need to do, done.

It won't change. The only thing that was different this year was getting Maddison and Barnes sold fairly quickly, for under the odds in order to give us more time to get deals done and less need to demand big money for our wantaways. Yet nearly all of them remain. It isn't an accident, this is our operation, and it's totally flawed.

I think what frustrates me is that if we did get these signings made, we genuinely could absolutely piss this league. We have a good coach and a lot of quality in our team - players who are far better than this league in some instances. But we're so imbalanced on the pitch that we're compromising our chances of doing this. It's inexcusable.

People can bury their heads in the sand on these sorts of things but players and coaches worth their salt won't stick around if they see such a flawed process. To give an example, say we hit November top of the league, Maresca is offered the Crystal Palace job (19th in the league, Hodgson retired). He might be tilted to go because he already knows we've got Teflon Jon likely to let him down. We don't give ourselves the best chance of success.

Where is the proof of this?

I'll say it again, just because someone is sold, doesn't make it a better deal than a loan. 

• Like 1

Of course, we all need to have an interpersonal relationship with the man to see that he’s played a significant hand in the mess that led us to be relegated in one of the most embarrassing fashion’s that the league has ever seen. And by that logic, none of us can ever have an opinion about anything related to the football club.

Edited by kingkisnorbo

30 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

How did the post season review go? 

As well as the one in 2017: "...the Srivaddhanaprabha family, had simply...failed to see the development in Shakespeare since he was given the role permanently in June. But if his place in this deserves examination than what can be said of the others charged with taking the club on?

"The director of football Jon Rudkin is responsible for all football matters at the club and closest of all to the patriarch Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. That puts him a level up from the head of senior player recruitment Eduardo Macia, an appointment from the Claudio Ranieri era and still key to player signings.

"If Ranieri’s input into the signings of last summer was significant, so too was former head of recruitment Steve Walsh, who left for Everton in 2016 because his path to director of football was blocked by Rudkin."

Nest feathered, scapegoats fired.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/18/leicesters-problems-go-far-beyond-craig-shakespeare-must-wonder/

Edited by Daggers
URL added
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

How did the post season review go? 

It didn’t.  It’s business as usual with zero accountability by anyone - well that is how it seems.  

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Of course, we all need to have an interpersonal relationship with the man to see that he’s played a significant hand in the mess that led us to be relegated in one of the most embarrassing fashion’s that the league has ever seen. And by that logic, none of us can ever have an opinion about anything related to the football club.

Big difference having an opinion and speaking as if something is fact. 

1. Rudkin spends too much time on KP Racing and it impacts the club.
  2. If Rudkin is being asked to work on KP Racing and it's impacting his ability to do his job, it needs to stop.  

Post two, nobody would bat an eyelid and I'm sure 99.9999% are going to agree. Post one on the other hand would probably get you a reply of, "'how do you know what he does for them and whether it impacts his role "

Using guess work to slate people, when you have absolutely NO IDEA of the inner workings is just pointless really. We all fall into it, presuming things when we don't know, but stirring up the vitriol is not great.