Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

46 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

It's a summer where we were supposed to be having a "refresh" that never materialised due to a lack of sales, where we lost Kasper and Fofana and didn't adequately reinforce either area, although this lack of money had eased enough by January for us to suddenly be able to spend £30 million on Kristiansen and Souttar. All with Rudkin being about the only man left on deck while the ship was steering itself into an iceberg.

I really don't get your point or how this has anything do do with who picks players, which was what my posted stated.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How do you know that though? You can't prove that.

How do you not know that? You can't unprove that....

So here we are. 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How do you know that though? You can't prove that.

Other than people telling us that?

“Our recruitment team behind the scenes have done some amazing work and have players lined up if we are able to do anything,” the manager said.

https://www.teamtalk.com/leicester-city/brendan-rodgers-signings-lined-up-admits-difficult-transfer-window

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

“Our recruitment team behind the scenes have done some amazing work and have players lined up if we are able to do anything,” the manager said.

https://www.teamtalk.com/leicester-city/brendan-rodgers-signings-lined-up-admits-difficult-transfer-window

That mentions nothing about timelines. You said they were lined up "years in advance". 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That mentions nothing about timelines. You said they were lined up "years in advance". 

Slimani was linked in 2014, signed in 2016. JJ linked in 2017/18 and signed in 2019. Adrien Silva in 2016, signed in 2017.

Sure we've had mention on here that Harry Winks was a long-term target of the clubs, too.. 

Not every transfer will be, but a lot of them are lined up/extensively scouted. Some are opportunistic deals due to circumstance. Iheanacho was seen as "too good to turn down" and we signed him once Man City made it known he was available. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I said they were SCOUTED and lined up, months and years in advance. You know very well players can be scouted and followed for years. They aren't just going to get to July and say "Right, who we signing lads, you seen anyone good lately"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/17/even-global-pandemic-leicester-city-beacon-scouting-analysis/ "Leicester prefer to scout players for over 12 months and Rodgers wants all signings to fit the profile of how his team plays and trains"

10 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Slimani was linked in 2014, signed in 2016. JJ linked in 2017/18 and signed in 2019. Adrien Silva in 2016, signed in 2017.

Sure we've had mention on here that Harry Winks was a long-term target of the clubs, too.. 

Not every transfer will be, but a lot of them are lined up/extensively scouted. Some are opportunistic deals due to circumstance. Iheanacho was seen as "too good to turn down" and we signed him once Man City made it known he was available. 

He's attempting to be smart, and failing. 

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But people equally tell us that Rudkin has extensive authority and influence at the club, yet you don't seem willing to accept that?

I'm not going to wade in seriously, because as I have stated earlier, I cheerfully admit to knowing nothing. I would ask that some of those attempting to pile-on @Babylon for being Rudkin's human shield, when all he is doing is trying to form a balanced/reasoned position without a pitchfork and a sense of righteous indignation at one man, actually read what it is he is trying quite patiently to say.

On Timmy, I believe one of the main reasons he wants to leave is that twunts keep spelling his surname 'Castange'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I said they were SCOUTED and lined up, months and years in advance. You know very well players can be scouted and followed for years. They aren't just going to get to July and say "Right, who we signing lads, you seen anyone good lately"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/17/even-global-pandemic-leicester-city-beacon-scouting-analysis/ "Leicester prefer to scout players for over 12 months and Rodgers wants all signings to fit the profile of how his team plays and trains"

Ah so "paper talk" is OK when it backs up your arguement, but not when it backs up people you disagree with. 

Sound 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not going to wade in seriously, because as I have stated earlier, I cheerfully admit to knowing nothing. I would ask that some of those attempting to pile-on @Babylon for being Rudkin's human shield, when all he is doing is trying to form a balanced/reasoned position without a pitchfork and a sense of righteous indignation at one man, actually read what it is he is trying quite patiently to say.

On Timmy, I believe one of the main reasons he wants to leave is that twunts keep spelling his surname 'Castange'.

Thank you! As per the usual the nuance is missed by most. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's much easier to hold a binary position - I get it, people are frustrated as hell, but I do know how it is to have most of what one writes be ignored and have one tiny part of what was said magnified, warped and decontextualised. Anything to maintain the folded arms.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ah so "paper talk" is OK when it backs up your arguement, but not when it backs up people you disagree with. 

Sound 👍

It's not just paper talk is it. Walsh, Mcenzie, Mills and managers have talked freely about the processes involved and how long we followed players, we ALL know players can be followed for years... unless you think it reaches 12 months and we consign their scouting to the bin automatically. Weird. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I actually think,  if you came out and said whilst no one knows how much of last seasons sh*t storm and the shocking state of the squad today was attributable to potential mistakes perpetrated by Rudkin, on the balance of probabilities ( given his position at the Club) he must be responsible to some degree, then this thread might die a death with the match drawn. 

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

But people equally tell us that Rudkin has extensive authority and influence at the club, yet you don't seem willing to accept that?

Who said I'm not willing to accept that? Where have I said anything remotely even like that. I've said times he AND others need to accept blame. He does not escape with no blame, it's impossible as he's the DOF. 

One minute I'm told HE makes all the decisions, the next minute I'm told he didn't pick the new manager Top did. One minute I'm told for a FACT he's asking too much for players, when we've accepted bids for players and THEY turned down moves. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Here you go. "Two clubs have been in for Boubakary Soumare but Leicester failed to agree terms with Monaco and Soumare rejected a move to the second club, as Jannik Vestergaard did to Fulham in what was potentially a £10million move."

https://theathletic.com/3533987/2022/08/25/leicester-city-rodgers-transfers-wrong/

It's only really been in the last few years we've not been able to shift players, previously we mostly managed to get rid other than a few. We managed to shift Iborra and Musa, the latter being a bloody miracle. So something changed. 

I'd imagine lobbing 80k a week at players who know they won't get it elsewhere is the likely cause.

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I actually think,  if you came out and said whilst no one knows how much of last seasons sh*t storm and the shocking state of the squad today was attributable to potential mistakes perpetrated by Rudkin, on the balance of probabilities ( given his position at the Club) he must be responsible to some degree, then this thread might die a death with the match drawn. 

I've said he should take a percentage of the blame, numerous times? I have literally ZERO issues with what you just said. 

What I have issues with are statements like "Rudkin spends too much time on KP racing" when we literally have no idea what he does, what staff might have been added to facilitate his involvement etc. Or when people try and boil something down to just one thing eg. We ask too much for players, that's it, that's the problem... when in reality there are dozens of reasons (some of which are highly likely to be his fault, or at least partially his fault).

People tend to ignore the bigger picture stuff and what impact that may have had. That's why I don't prescribe to the pitchfork stuff on here. 

I've said numerous times "don't presume that those showing any form of defence  think he's blameless, I'm simply agnostic about a huge amount of it." 

Edited by Babylon

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair, if we were all sticking up for Rudkin, I swear you'd go against the grain. I respect your pursuit of a different view. I've often giggled from a far at your zest for arguing on here, it's a craft 😂