Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair, if we were all sticking up for Rudkin, I swear you'd go against the grain. I respect your pursuit of a different view. I've often giggled from a far at your zest for arguing on here, it's a craft 😂

I probably would, if someone was posting "Rudkin is amazing and he can't possibly have anything to do with any issue", I'd say they were a looney. It's possible to have a sensible chat on it without he being to blame for everything and everything, or without them being blameless. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've said he should take a percentage of the blame, numerous times? I have literally ZERO issues with what you just said. 

What I have issues with are statements like "Rudkin spends too much time on KP racing" when we literally have no idea what he does, what staff might have been added to facilitate his involvement etc. Or when people try and boil something down to just one thing eg. We ask too much for players, that's it, that's the problem... when in reality there are dozens of reasons (some of which are highly likely to be his fault, or at least partially his fault).

People tend to ignore the bigger picture stuff and what impact that may have had. That's why I don't prescribe to the pitchfork stuff on here. 

I've said numerous times "don't presume that those showing any form of defence  think he's blameless, I'm simply agnostic about a huge amount of it." 

TBF you have also on several occasions thrown up the ‘Nuremberg’ defence of he could be simply be  ‘just obeying orders’ and was over-ridden by the Board.  

Anyhow, you have now at least stated that he is to blame to some degree, but possibly not be the only person that has taken the Club backwards and left the squad in a hell of a mess.   Best we all move on and wait until the end of the window to assess the recovery. Rudkin make take us out of intensive care come 1st September 🤞

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair, if we were all sticking up for Rudkin, I swear you'd go against the grain. I respect your pursuit of a different view. I've often giggled from a far at your zest for arguing on here, it's a craft 😂

I would love to know Babylon’s views on the Breakfast spirit. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

TBF you have also on several occasions thrown up the ‘Nuremberg’ defence of he could be simply be  ‘just obeying orders’ and was over-ridden by the Board.  

Could being the imperative word, we don't know. There are many elements, especially financially where they simply would have to sign off on things. He's not on the board, there are levels above him and he will have to answer to them and seek approval from him. Clearly he has great sway at the club, but ultimately the purse strings are controlled by KP and we've had a massive sea change with the death of Vichai, then Covid, then the new FFP rules.

It wouldn't be his decision on whether we sought to comply with FFP that would enable us to play in Europe. Those new rules were hurried in, and if those who pull the strings at the top say WE MUST COMPLY. He has to deal with the fallout from that, which means drastic cuts to wages and budgets. Meaning we then can't buy players, we can't give the manager the re-set he wanted (despite being a dickhead, he was right we needed it). We then maybe didn't have the budget to replace players if we cut our losses on them.  Just an example of how decisions above him COULD trickle down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sambiasso said:

Don't see why people continue with this carry on, it's been well documented on this topic and others how much of a major bell end he is.

He isn't going anywhere, just accept it and move on. 

What's worse is that it's all the established posters, expected better from some of you :P

Don’t worry lad I am sure we can all help him get his dream job at Forest sorted via LinkedIn.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

But Ric, he's not being contrary. He's simply refusing to throw all his rotten tomatoes at Rudkin. 

• Like 1