Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

6 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Maresca’s going to be so frustrated. Operating with one hand tied behind his back and probably wondering what on earth he’s walked into.

He may of expected us to of moved players on a bit sooner, but I'm sure he was well aware of the situation, especially after Rodgers whinging about transfers.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He may of expected us to of moved players on a bit sooner, but I'm sure he was well aware of the situation, especially after Rodgers whinging about transfers.

I think he might’ve expected that with 7 players leaving on a free and his two highest value assets being sold that there would be more money for him than simply fees for Winks, Coady, Mavididi and Hermansen.

9 permanent players out and only 4 back in doesn’t seem to make much sense for having a squad of value long-term.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think he might’ve expected that with 7 players leaving on a free and his two highest value assets being sold that there would be more money for him than simply fees for Winks, Coady, Mavididi and Hermansen.

9 permanent players out and only 4 back in doesn’t seem to make much sense for having a squad of value long-term.

This - still doesnt make any sense- at very least we should be getting him the starting right winger we need - your not telling me a kid on loan cant come in till we ship one of 70k a week over payed charlatans out- mental

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We've bought in

Doyle

Casadei

Mavidivi

Winks

Coady

Hermansan

All first team players. This actually really good so far.  Looks like we're now at the point where more need to leave before we can get anyone in and that will happen in the next 2 weeks.

It's not so going to get all done and dusted in one transfer window. 

I agree we've bought 6 in and 8 have left and we've bought in a sexy new manager I think the clubs business has been OK so far bordering on good.

The same people acting hysterical about the lack of incomings with out outgoings are probably the same ones moaning about the astronomical wage bill you can't have it both ways fellas. 

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

This - still doesnt make any sense- at very least we should be getting him the starting right winger we need - your not telling me a kid on loan cant come in till we ship one of 70k a week over payed charlatans out- mental

What we should be doing and making out he wasn't aware of the situation are different things though. 

No one can convince me that the trip to Thailand didn't hold things up just because Rudkin has a laptop. Everything about that trip was wrong but i won't go on about that again.

The actual signings have all been good. Winks and Coady really gave me some much needed hope after my confidence in the club was at the lowest it's been for a decade or longer. 

If Daka, Soumare, Castagne etc were going to be sold then ideally you want them gone before Maresca makes it obvious to perspective buyers that they are essentially just adding to our wage bill sat at home. It undoubtedly gives the buyer the upper hand in negotiations. I also don't agree with the two goalkeepers on the bench stunt. It's only been overlooked because we got the goal. If we didn't it looks petulant. And that's coming from someone who despises this board. 

I think Daka and Soumare will end up being loan deals and we get a couple more in on loan. Which isn't the end of the world but not ideal. Souttar likewise because of the length of his contract.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

No one can convince me that the trip to Thailand didn't hold things up just because Rudkin has a laptop. Everything about that trip was wrong but i won't go on about that again.

The actual signings have all been good. Winks and Coady really gave me some much needed hope after my confidence in the club was at the lowest it's been for a decade or longer. 

If Daka, Soumare, Castagne etc were going to be sold then ideally you want them gone before Maresca makes it obvious to perspective buyers that they are essentially just adding to our wage bill sat at home. It undoubtedly gives the buyer the upper hand in negotiations. I also don't agree with the two goalkeepers on the bench stunt. It's only been overlooked because we got the goal. If we didn't it looks petulant. And that's coming from someone who despises this board. 

I think Daka and Soumare will end up being loan deals and we get a couple more in on loan. Which isn't the end of the world but not ideal. Souttar likewise because of the length of his contract.

And I think that is fine and to be expected some degree, as those with real value, a real market have gone early allowing the good arrivals. With the not so saleable players, we need to move them or the largest possible portion of them we can. I expect and hope we get the first team winger we need, almost as much we can shift the players we no longer need.

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

A lot of business has already been done and nobody actually involved in football would've expected it to be completed before the end of the window - and there'll be more to do in future windows.

Massive mistakes have been made in recent years and Rudkin is clearly involved in that but very few people really know what goes on and I do get a bit bored of everybody reaching for the easy scapegoat whenever whatever they wanted doesn't happen.

Business this summer looks pretty good so far.

16 hours ago, ealingfox said:

*Superintendent Chalmers voice*

RUD-KIIIIN!

Its too early to jump to this opinion because the club haven't explicitly put out a statement saying that this is under Rudkins remit... 

14 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We've bought in

Doyle

Casadei

Mavidivi

Winks

Coady

Hermansan

All first team players. This actually really good so far.  Looks like we're now at the point where more need to leave before we can get anyone in and that will happen in the next 2 weeks.

It's not so going to get all done and dusted in one transfer window. 

We lost 3 creative players (in a squad that was already desperately short of players in that area) and have signed 1 winger and a forward thinking CM.

The names might be impressive, but once again, we've not prioritised the areas we should have.

If we spent the best part of £20 million on Coady and Winks knowing that it was going to be 2/3s of the budget (unless we can shift players that don't want to be shifted) then for me that is not very intelligent operating at all. Imagine this is it.

We're stuck with unhappy players that we tried to shift and we're one Mavididi injury from playing CMs and league two standard "youths" on the wings.

Aside from being a good bloke I still don't understand spending that money on Coady.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We lost 3 creative players (in a squad that was already desperately short of players in that area) and have signed 1 winger and a forward thinking CM.

The names might be impressive, but once again, we've not prioritised the areas we should have.

If we spent the best part of £20 million on Coady and Winks knowing that it was going to be 2/3s of the budget (unless we can shift players that don't want to be shifted) then for me that is not very intelligent operating at all. Imagine this is it.

We're stuck with unhappy players that we tried to shift and we're one Mavididi injury from playing CMs and league two standard "youths" on the wings.

Aside from being a good bloke I still don't understand spending that money on Coady.

With Coady out injured and the farcical situation of Vestergaard playing despite so many defenders still at the club does make it seem that way.

I just hope we can flog Castagne and at least get decent loan fees with options to buy for Daka and Soumare. Plus got to get at least one of Ward or Iversen out too.

Then get a winger in and possibly a striker but might be we have to get one who can cover both.

38 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Because we had zero leadership, there has been thread and thread on here about the team lacking leadership, character, personality, organisation skills which if you listen to anyone talk about him Coady brings.

Easy target when his injured.

Most of the forum was saying similar about Winks before we KO the season.

I agree we are short in attacking area and could do with 2-3, but with time to go, we can still do more business.

Another thing that is previously be criticised is the lack of opportunities for youth, the situation give the manager an opportunity to blood some players and develop them.

Who knows how Macteer, Marçal-Madivadua could develop with actual game time.

Edited by coolhandfox

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Because we had zero leadership, there has been thread and thread on here about the team lacking leadership, character, personality, organisation skills which if you listen to anyone talk about him Coady brings.

Easy target when his injured.

Most of the forum was saying similar about Winks before we KO the season.

£8 million on a captain who isn't actually that good in his position is pretty mad.

We do lack all of that, it should be the personality profile of players we look to bring in though. 

If we've hamstrung ourselves now because we've spent heavily on a CM and CB (that we could probably have got on loan with an option to buy). Two areas that we're fairly well covered in. Then it seems pretty mad to me considering we know how desperately short of wingers and attacking midfielders. 

Just me looking at the bigger picture.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

£8 million on a captain who isn't actually that good in his position is pretty mad.

We do lack all of that, it should be the personality profile of players we look to bring in though. 

If we've hamstrung ourselves now because we've spent heavily on a CM and CB (that we could probably have got on loan with an option to buy). Two areas that we're fairly well covered in. Then it seems pretty mad to me considering we know how desperately short of wingers and attacking midfielders. 

Just me looking at the bigger picture.

Good enough to play for England and every PL league game or Wolves except 1 from 2018-22, 4 seasons.

At CM Winks for arguable been our best player.

You looking at an unfinished picture, the squad could be very different come the 1st of September.

I don't have an issue with thr club building a strong spine to the team, GK,CB,CM.

We didn't get relegated due to lacking creativity, it was the lack of a strong spine.

We have 12 days to add a bit of flair and creativity.

Edited by coolhandfox

Let’s face it, the fact we have not shifted one player on that we don’t want is pretty disgusting. We have not moved on one ONE bit of deadwood. Our largest outlay are 2 players that we not going to have sale in value is also not great in my option. For me again, Rudkin done nothing right so far. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Good enough to play for England and every PL league game or Wolves except 1 from 2018-22, 4 seasons.

At CM Winks for arguable been our best player.

You looking at an unfinished picture, the squad could be very different come the 1st of September.

I don't have an issue with thr club building a strong spine to the team, GK,CB,CM.

We didn't get relegated due to lacking creativity, it was the lack of a strong spine.

We have 12 days to add a bit of flair and creativity.

It could be different and I really hope it is, as I don't think this squad gets promoted as it is due to the massive imbalance. We've got lots of quality but a fair bit is in roles that don't exist in our system.

You realise we lost the 3 players that contibuted to 75% of our goals last season right? If we kept them then your argument would stand, we sold them, so that creativity doesn't really come into the argument.

As I say, I'm laying it down so i don't get people going "eeeee, i didn't hear you complaining when we signed x, x, x and x"

"We have 12 days to add a bit of flair and creativity." Been hearing variations of this since mid June lol

Fingers crossed we get the squad balanced as we've really dropped on with Maresca and it would be nice to experience him for at least a couple of seasons.

• Like 2