Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

45 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It could be different and I really hope it is, as I don't think this squad gets promoted as it is due to the massive imbalance. We've got lots of quality but a fair bit is in roles that don't exist in our system.

You realise we lost the 3 players that contibuted to 75% of our goals last season right? If we kept them then your argument would stand, we sold them, so that creativity doesn't really come into the argument.

As I say, I'm laying it down so i don't get people going "eeeee, i didn't hear you complaining when we signed x, x, x and x"

"We have 12 days to add a bit of flair and creativity." Been hearing variations of this since mid June lol

Fingers crossed we get the squad balanced as we've really dropped on with Maresca and it would be nice to experience him for at least a couple of seasons.

I think the imbalance has been there for a long time, the mess of the last 4 transfer window is going to take more then one to sort out.

Those 3 player were Barnes (LW,) Maddison (AM), Tielemans (Deep Player maker)

We have replaced the with Madividi (LW) Casadei (AM) Winks (Deep Player Maker)

You can agrue about the quality but we have replace them.

The agruement about have a strong spine and being organised does stand, as its been the problem for 2 years.

We have just created another problem to go with it by selling our creative players.

It's a totally rebuild in my eyes, and the right way to do that is get you spine right first, to quote Sir Alex Ferguson "attack wins you games, defence wins you titles.

Its going to take time and Enzo is going to have to coach and improve players like Macteer and Wanya.

Haven't we just blamed the last manager for making players worse and not developing them or use our kids.

Can't just throw money at every problem! 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

Just for the third time Enzo calling out the transfer situation. This time firmly making it clear too. 

With that in mind, it suggests he was told that players would be coming in and also leaving judging from the omissions recently. 

I think that’s fairly good public evidence that this bloke is just crap at his job 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Matt said:

He's absolutely spot on with this - it's really quite refreshing to read because I did fear there'd be a lessened desire due to Wanya scoring. For what it's worth I'm totally OK with Wanya being in the squad and coming on but I don't think you'll be able to rely on him to consistently produce this season.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Matt said:

grim to hear the coach speaking about the club in the third person 

it should be ‘we’ 

the coach and the board should be on the same page with the same message 

this doesn’t sound good to me unless it’s simply his command of English - but he said ‘they’ve’ when quite clearly he would have said ‘we’ve’

He must have been party to conversations about transfer activity so the fact that things have changed in his opinion ain’t great

on the flip side there are six players who wanted to leave who now don’t and perhaps some of these players had deals loosely set up which would have provided the funds to enable other deals to be done at a lower level.  It’s a dynamic situation. 

20 hours ago, Matt said:

Encouraging, at least in the short term that he's being demanding of the club. Obviously it will go one of two ways for him. He clearly won't hang about too long if he doesn't feel he's been properly backed. 

I wonder whether the strong start has put him in a better negotiating position with the club, or worse? Hopefully they can see that despite the points on the board, there's still gaping holes in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Some posters on here are adamant that Maresca is 100% happy and isn't publicly making suggestions to the board at all...

It just amazes me how many people seem to have given the likes of Rudkin a clean slate because we have a new manager who has started well. I read things on here like "we can't sell because of the contract situation" - as if he hadn't had a major hand in our lack of bargaining position on this.

I know Leeds are in the crap and they've managed to make an even bigger mess than we have in terms of losing money but at least they've actually held Orta accountable and replaced him.

Rudkin clearly gets loads wrong and in the clubs eyes can do no wrong. I'm not letting a good manager pull the wool over my eyes about this club. It's exactly the same bar Maresca - who is already showing signs that he's pissed off, and quite rightly so.

• Like 3

18/19 was the last time we signed more than 4 permanent players in a summer window.

The pattern has literally been 4, 2, 4, 2, 4 since we signed 7 in 2018.

We signed the fewest players in the PL last season.

Only 7 Championship teams have signed fewer (permanent) players than we have.

We have trouble getting players through the door. Why is that?