Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

34 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It just amazes me how many people seem to have given the likes of Rudkin a clean slate because we have a new manager who has started well. I read things on here like "we can't sell because of the contract situation" - as if he hadn't had a major hand in our lack of bargaining position on this.

I know Leeds are in the crap and they've managed to make an even bigger mess than we have in terms of losing money but at least they've actually held Orta accountable and replaced him.

Rudkin clearly gets loads wrong and in the clubs eyes can do no wrong. I'm not letting a good manager pull the wool over my eyes about this club. It's exactly the same bar Maresca - who is already showing signs that he's pissed off, and quite rightly so.

The biggest worry for me is that Maresca after 3 months is sounding like Rodgers after 3 years. We are probably in a fair bit of danger of a really good manager walking away because the board and Rudkin have taken the 'too good to stay down' attitude and have just not given the manager what he asked for and was probably promised before he joined.

Maresca is a man so committed to his philosophy there is absolutely no way he would of joined without the guarantee he was going to get what he needs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

The biggest worry for me is that Maresca after 3 months is sounding like Rodgers after 3 years. We are probably in a fair bit of danger of a really good manager walking away because the board and Rudkin have taken the 'too good to stay down' attitude and have just not given the manager what he asked for and was probably promised before he joined.

Maresca is a man so committed to his philosophy there is absolutely no way he would of joined without the guarantee he was going to get what he needs.

I think given Parma went wrong he did probably see this as a bit of a coup of a job, as many perceived this to be probably the best route into the Premier League without actually being in it, which I get.

Maresca's philosophy was always going to require quite drastic change. As feared, as predicted, it's looking like we're half-arsing it. So nobody should be surprised if it goes wrong.

If they wanted a manager who was going to have to make do largely with what he had then they should've appointed somebody else. Although I know who's approach I prefer of the two.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

18/19 was the last time we signed more than 4 permanent players in a summer window.

The pattern has literally been 4, 2, 4, 2, 4 since we signed 7 in 2018.

We signed the fewest players in the PL last season.

Only 7 Championship teams have signed fewer (permanent) players than we have.

We have trouble getting players through the door. Why is that?

18/19 was coincidentally the last window before the trio of shitness Congerton/ Rodgers and Rudkin assumed full control of transfers

Just now, MattFox said:

18/19 was coincidentally the last window before the trio of shitness Congerton/ Rodgers and Rudkin assumed full control of transfers

Rudkin had final say ….. on everything, he loved Brenda so bent over backwards to make him happy… plus gave him £10m a year contract with bonus’s that would have made your eyes water 

Guest glasgowfox

Excuse my ignorance but how long has rudkin held his current position for guys?

Edited by glasgowfox
Spelling

I think the measure of the bloke a bit goes back to what Piper said at the BSLB pod. 

The youth system (don’t know if it still does) used to have different coaches at each age group.

When Rudkin was in charge of Piper’s team which contained a number of decent players, he persuaded David Nish to let him stay with that squad. 

So rather than be part of a decent working system, he wanted to hang onto the good batch of players to make himself look good. 

Reminds you a bit of him hanging onto Pearson’s decent backroom staff to position himself into a DoF role 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

I think the measure of the bloke a bit goes back to what Piper said at the BSLB pod. 

The youth system (don’t know if it still does) used to have different coaches at each age group.

When Rudkin was in charge of Piper’s team which contained a number of decent players, he persuaded David Nish to let him stay with that squad. 

So rather than be part of a decent working system, he wanted to hang onto the good batch of players to make himself look good. 

It's not hard to see why he thought so much of Rodgers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dames said:

Yep. Conti walked away. You make some very valid observations. Hopefully Top is monitoring this.

On 22/08/2023 at 09:04, st albans fox said:

grim to hear the coach speaking about the club in the third person 

it should be ‘we’ 

the coach and the board should be on the same page with the same message 

this doesn’t sound good to me unless it’s simply his command of English - but he said ‘they’ve’ when quite clearly he would have said ‘we’ve’

He must have been party to conversations about transfer activity so the fact that things have changed in his opinion ain’t great

on the flip side there are six players who wanted to leave who now don’t and perhaps some of these players had deals loosely set up which would have provided the funds to enable other deals to be done at a lower level.  It’s a dynamic situation. 

This is my problem with FT & Enzo .

Surely our new manager knew,the basic world of football.He must of done his homework on the club he was about to join...

I am still stumped at the idea...

that he wants to get rid willing to let go of a few 1st team youngsters by deeming them not capable of being coached into his ideology & style of play.

.OR is it FTs & various social & standard media outlets,just putting words in his mouth, to create their own stories,agenda and mischief...

I still think he struggles,when needing to answer many questions from the sit down media gatherings,not yet fay,that they will jump on anything loose and take it well out of context.

Guest glasgowfox
3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Apparently he can do reverse cowboy 2 hours straight...

A bit longer than you can probably hold an adult conversation for....back to school soon I guess 

3 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

A bit longer than you can probably hold an adult conversation for....back to school soon I guess 

You’ve been here long enough to know what type of answers you’ll generally get to a question! 

he’s effectively been dof for a decade - he’s been at the club for considerably longer than that 

10 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Reminds you a bit of him hanging onto Pearson’s decent backroom staff to position himself into a DoF role 

Do we know this for sure though?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I was part of that team / age group (never good enough mind) I was released at 15. 

Football has come a long way though. In those days we all got McDonald's Gold Cards, so could literally go to Maccies, order whatever we wanted and it was free. 

Probably explains why I'm now an 18 stone 42 year old has been 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Not inconceivable that Maresca could walk thanks to not getting the support he needs. Already seems like he’s not afraid to speak his mind and he’ll become incredibly frustrated at the handicaps he’s having to deal with (lack of transfer activity, shambles of a pre-season etc.)

He'll have to come to terms with the fact we're not Man City where whatever you ask for you get