Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

40 minutes ago, Adster said:

Full agree. Whilst I am not saying Rudkin is a messiah among men, the bloke has clearly made mistakes. However fans will use any piece of negative/semi-negative news to jump on the "iTs aLl RuDkInS FaUlT" bandwagon. 

It's so so easy for fans to jump towards all the negatives, completely forgetting the positives and upward trajectory of our club in the past 10 years. When the times were good, it was all down to scouts/Steve Walsh etc, but when it's bad it's all Rudkin. During those good times, who do people think oversaw and was responsible for the operations? Rudkin. It's how corporate businesses work. 

Mistakes made by Rudkin in the past are fair but people who think they can be fixed over one transfer window are just deluded. It'll take several and It'd be pretty obvious that Enzo is aware of this. Claims that Enzo will walk before the end of the season are just sensationalist garbage. 

With all due respect,  football is all about the here and now. Colossal mis-management in recent times should not be masked over by perceived historical success.  Clubs that stand still and refuse to change on sentimental grounds will move backwards… hang on that describes us in recent times.  The Football Operations side needs a re-boot.  But as you say, let’s see what happens over the next week or so. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Rodgers called it out a year ago and got laughed at.

New manager does it and suddenly he's right.

I think the frustration with Rodgers comes from him actually wasting what he was given and so easily being able to push his narrative to the media and fans of other clubs. 

I think everyone sees there was many more problems than Rodgers. Just he was a major factor in our problems and accepts no responsibility whatsoever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Good on Maresca. Not surprised since he’s come from a club that arguably has the most lean and efficient transfer strategy in the world. 

And the fact they can get any player they want..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And the fact they can get any player they want..

Of very little correlation to the manner in which they do business. Club's with similar or equal pull to Manchester City have as much trouble as we do getting players in and out. They never seem to fanny around on anything, which is almost certainly in the back of Maresca's mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Well 8 days left of the transfer window - at least 8 players to shift out. One a day. Are you up to it, Rudders?

You can only sell when you have someone who wants to buy.

It's a two part transaction.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

The only thing I know for sure is that the Director of Football cannot and should not be held responsible for football related matters at the club.

It's clearly somebody else at fault. We are the only club in the world that has a DoF that isn't responsible for football matters.

It's more complicated than that. I don't like this culture of pinning all the blame on one person. I also refuse to blame anybody at all.

On 23/08/2023 at 12:34, Guest said:

The difference is that Rodgers was complaining about a squad that a) he and his good friend Congerton had assembled and b) everybody had seen was better than he was claiming it was

And C) managed to do it in a way which does not alienate the players he then depends on eg about "wanya" 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Literally posts of "Enzo walking out" because of it.

Good grief.

Him walking out mid-season because he didn't get every transfer done that he wanted would not make a good impression with potential future clubs especially when he is so early on in his managerial career and so far his only other job he got sacked after 15 games with a strong team in the 2nd tier of Italy

Makes himself a better target for other clubs if he gets us up and being able to say he did it whilst not even having the whole team he wanted

It is a ridiculous idea

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Him walking out mid-season because he didn't get every transfer done that he wanted would not make a good impression with potential future clubs especially when he is so early on in his managerial career and so far his only other job he got sacked after 15 games with a strong team in the 2nd tier of Italy

Makes himself a better target for other clubs if he gets us up and being able to say he did it whilst not even having the whole team he wanted

It is a ridiculous idea

On the flip side, does growing resentment at his lack of help from the hierarchy increase chances of him jumping ship mid-season when premier league sacking season begins? 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

This is all being blown well out of proportion.

Possibly half the problem mate, once you lose the fans there's not much point in sticking around. BR could have won the league cup and kept us up last season and i've still have wanted him out.

JR has been that was for some time, having mini repreives whenever we've had a 'good spell' or new signings have started well. 

47 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

You can only sell when you have someone who wants to buy.

It's a two part transaction.

You can only sell if some idiot DoF doesn't make them unsellable because they have ridiculous contracts. I don't think it's the quality of the player (well perhaps yes in Ward's case) that's the issue but we bought these players for inflated fees, gave them silly contracts and therefore no prospective buyer is likely to match what we need to recoup from outlay or pay them what we do. So, when a potential buyer comes in, it's understandable that the player isn't interested in a move on less wages. 

On a separate note, he's been trying to get rid of dead wood for about 4 windows with little success, hence why I have little faith in him moving 8 players on in 8 days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

On the flip side, does growing resentment at his lack of help from the hierarchy increase chances of him jumping ship mid-season when premier league sacking season begins? 

Would depend who is after him I expect, what is going on at the club interested, and how we are doing etc.

It won’t be him jumping ship purely down to issues with the hierarchy

Foe example the idea he would leave us to go join Everton purely because of the way the club is run as was suggested in another thread is asinine

Edited by moore_94

Is it not possible that we're deliberately leaking to the press that we're not desperate for players, to help manage prices that clubs quote for our targets?

If Percy releases an article stating that we're desperate for a RW, I can't imagine that strengthens our negotiating position.

Guest glasgowfox
20 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Leave me alone, it was just a joke.. albeit a bad one

Apologies if I over reacted......chin up mate.