Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

This is all being blown well out of proportion.

And you claim you're itk.

HA.

17 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

If the new manager throws a wobbly and walks, then he is not the right man for the rebuild anyway.

I want Rudkin replaced as much as anyone but the club has to be stable. If we can not shift the players he wants gone then he will have to accept it. While it is not Enzos fault we are struggling to shift the players out he has to be realistic here. He is not going to get everything he wants.

As it stands if we lose no one else and do not buy anyone else then the squad is still more than good enough to get out of the Championship this season.

A good manager implements his own style on a club. A great manager gets the best out of what he has and adapts to his own way over a number of months and transfer windows.

I had and still have massive reservations to how this season is going to go. Putting 2 keepers on the bench is petulant and potentially harmful to the squad imo, especially if he has to reintroduce the banished players back into the squad. If it was Rodgers who had done this last season he would have been destroyed on here.

Took 50 pages to find the best post.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Of very little correlation to the manner in which they do business. Club's with similar or equal pull to Manchester City have as much trouble as we do getting players in and out. They never seem to fanny around on anything, which is almost certainly in the back of Maresca's mind. 

Why is little correlation? We don't have as much money or as much pull as Manchester City. Enzo has come from a club that's got everything. It's a weird comparison.

But how do Manchester City do business? How do Brighton do business? How do all these clubs do business that is, I am told, so different to how we do it?

We seem to piss around and never get a deal done, yeah, but I've got mates or work work people who all support a range different clubs and they all say the same thing about their own club.

And on Brighton, they are getting it right at the minute like we once did. It'll end up changing and they'll fall behind as well. I bet all without winning the trophies we did too.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

If the new manager throws a wobbly and walks, then he is not the right man for the rebuild anyway.

I want Rudkin replaced as much as anyone but the club has to be stable. If we can not shift the players he wants gone then he will have to accept it. While it is not Enzos fault we are struggling to shift the players out he has to be realistic here. He is not going to get everything he wants.

As it stands if we lose no one else and do not buy anyone else then the squad is still more than good enough to get out of the Championship this season.

A good manager implements his own style on a club. A great manager gets the best out of what he has and adapts to his own way over a number of months and transfer windows.

I had and still have massive reservations to how this season is going to go. Putting 2 keepers on the bench is petulant and potentially harmful to the squad imo, especially if he has to reintroduce the banished players back into the squad. If it was Rodgers who had done this last season he would have been destroyed on here.

I dont think hes throwing a wobbly or threatening the club. He's just being honest and telling them and the fans that promotion is not going to be easy with a team badly lacking in attacking talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basildon Fox said:

This is the only part I object to. It essentially implies that Guardiola isn't a great manager. 

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've given the guy a lot of stick and he is still not forgiven for last season, but if we do bring in at least three new players before the end of the window that the manager and the head of recruitment want, would he not have met his remit for this summer? 

I'd say so, you know, assuming they're the players we want and not ones that Brendan's son has offered us at the last minute.

Given he's had 2 months to action this and his consistently poor performance in recent years, it'd take a brave man to bet on him getting it done.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Why is little correlation? We don't have as much money or as much pull as Manchester City. Enzo has come from a club that's got everything. It's a weird comparison.

But how do Manchester City do business? How do Brighton do business? How do all these clubs do business that is, I am told, so different to how we do it?

We seem to piss around and never get a deal done, yeah, but I've got mates or work work people who all support a range different clubs and they all say the same thing about their own club.

And on Brighton, they are getting it right at the minute like we once did. It'll end up changing and they'll fall behind as well. I bet all without winning the trophies we did too.

I don’t think you quite understand what I’m talking about. I’ll give the example to explain. Manchester United, who I think arguably have equal or very similar pull to Manchester City have a lot of grief trying to facilitate outgoings and incomings (see Pogba, Sanchez, Sancho and many others). Chelsea also have a knack of it, taking ages to make things happen. Manchester City are well known for not fannying around in the market. They get business done very quickly and efficiently. 

I don’t really think my point has anything to do with the clubs pull factor. They are well known for being efficient, which I think it’s fair to say is probably factoring into Maresca’s frustration with us. It’s like your ex-girlfriend and your new one. There’s no way you don’t compare them at some point. It’s also probably amplified by the fact that we try to give off the aura of being a very well run club with Seagrave etc but once Enzo has spent a bit of time at the club he’s realised that it isn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

This is the only part I object to. It essentially implies that Guardiola isn't a great manager. 

Do you think that Guardiola would be able to play the same way from the off if he was Crystal Palace manager?  Being manager of Barcelona, Bayern and Man City is a hell of a lot easier to implement your system from the off when money is/was no object and every player in the world is happy to join.  How do you think that would go?

Guardiola has transformed tactics in the footballing world but is a cheque book manager.  He needs unlimited funds to get nearly everyone he wants.  What he produces is amazing sure but it simply would not work at Crewe or Rotherham.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...if I recall, one of @Sambiassoposts, alluding to the supplying of information from within the club, was that he could not make negative comments about the board or Rudkin!!!

I was asked to refrain from posting info regarding on goings higher up.

Nothing is happening that is as bad as its being made out to be. Either just trying to shit stir or being a wum.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Of very little correlation to the manner in which they do business. Club's with similar or equal pull to Manchester City have as much trouble as we do getting players in and out. They never seem to fanny around on anything, which is almost certainly in the back of Maresca's mind. 

.. if the issue of FFP is not hanging over your head, you have the freedom to acquire players and think about releasing others at a later date!!!