Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

On 29/08/2023 at 18:49, Matt said:

I'm probably late to this discussion here/it's probably being discussed in the relevant players threads but, why are we seemingly being so stringent with our asking price on Daka, yet according to some (albeit questionable) sources our asking price for Nacho was less to start with and now we're looking at lowering it?

It's one thing not being able to shift players we want to shift due to their wage demands but it's another not budging on the asking price on our part on a player that hasn't featured yet being quite amicable on a player who is featuring, seems to be firm in the managers plans and the player you'd choose to keep out of the two.

Not to mention we're led to believe the sticking point with Piroe they were asking for £5m more than we want to pay.

Yet here we are valuing Nacho at £20m but apparently writing off £5m and willing to accept £15m.

Kel is only worth £15m max.  We publicly say he’s worth 20m to try and ensure we get as close to the 15 as we can. 
daka is worth 15m in ffp terms on the books  - again I reckon we would take that if we weren’t liable for any other costs going forward. There is talk that daka is currently frozen out ref add on payments to Salzburg. I’m not so sold on that given he was on the bench against burton.  You wouldn’t be paying out millions of euros to get to the next round of the league cup. 

If we see players leaving on loan tomorrow rather than sales (apart from souttar who needs to be a loan cos you’re not getting your dosh back on him )  then we’re gambling big time on bouncing back.  If you think we are a soft touch on fees having been relegated then next summer we would be a fire sale if we stayed down.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

About to see a masterclass over the next 48 years where we flog Wilf and Kelechi but don't bring in any replacement. 

I’m more concerned about the fact he’s let the manager purge all the left footed left sided cover we’ve got in the squad. 

41 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’m more concerned about the fact he’s let the manager purge all the left footed left sided cover we’ve got in the squad. 

It's an interesting point actually - we've employed a head of recruitment to disable one manager's transfer influence but now allowing a new manager to use his own contacts book to bring in transfers of his own liking. 

Strategic synergy led by Rudkin there. 

• Like 1

He’s done a lot of business, seeing as some of you thought we’d shift about 3 and bring in 2 perhaps some humble pie should be eaten?

How many were hoping we’d miss out in Cannon at the last minute so you could repost that hysterical comment about fax machines for the 97th time.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

He’s done a lot of business, seeing as some of you thought we’d shift about 3 and bring in 2 perhaps some humble pie should be eaten?

How many were hoping we’d miss out in Cannon at the last minute so you could repost that hysterical comment about fax machines for the 97th time.

Not me.  

I used it on the Daka deal falling through instead so :P

• Like 1

I think Rudkin has taken the first steps in rebuilding some sort of reputation. He's still heavily in debt in my eyes for his performance over the past couple of years, but since Enzo has come in, I think Rudkin has signed off on some very good deals. We've signed some real quality and experience in Winks and Coady and bought a lot of hungry youth in. We do still have the Saudi/Turkish leagues open for another week so hopefully we can do some deals to move on some of the remaining players that are not in Enzo's plans. 
A really long way to go for Rudkin, but I think generally we've seen good value and some low risk signings with huge upside potential. Credit where due. 

In - 
Winks (27) £10m
Cannon (20) £7.5m
Coady (30) £7.5m
Mavididi (25) £6.5m
Hermansen (23) £5m
Akgun (23) 
casadei (20)
Doyle (19)
Fatawu (19)

Out - 
Maddison
Barnes
Castagne
Hirst
Kristiansen
Soumare
Thomas

17 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think Rudkin has taken the first steps in rebuilding some sort of reputation. He's still heavily in debt in my eyes for his performance over the past couple of years, but since Enzo has come in, I think Rudkin has signed off on some very good deals. We've signed some real quality and experience in Winks and Coady and bought a lot of hungry youth in. We do still have the Saudi/Turkish leagues open for another week so hopefully we can do some deals to move on some of the remaining players that are not in Enzo's plans. 
A really long way to go for Rudkin, but I think generally we've seen good value and some low risk signings with huge upside potential. Credit where due. 

In - 
Winks (27) £10m
Cannon (20) £7.5m
Coady (30) £7.5m
Mavididi (25) £6.5m
Hermansen (23) £5m
Akgun (23) 
casadei (20)
Doyle (19)
Fatawu (19)

Out - 
Maddison
Barnes
Castagne
Hirst
Kristiansen
Soumare
Thomas

My main worry is will this carry on in PL if we get promoted.

We are the ManCity of the Championship it will be not the same in pl.

Southampton spent the minimal of  their Income from sales while banking the rest in hopes of spending it after promotion this could end up in booth ways not sure which approach will work best i PL. 

3 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

My main worry is will this carry on in PL if we get promoted.

We are the ManCity of the Championship it will be not the same in pl.

Southampton spent the minimal of  their Income from sales while banking the rest in hopes of spending it after promotion this could end up in booth ways not sure which approach will work best i PL. 

How do you know that was Southampton’s plan? Perhaps they couldn’t buy the players they wanted.

• 2 weeks later...