Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Without going over old ground, he completely fecked up last season. 2 main things that still get my goat, the number of players out of contract/winding down their contracts at the end of the season undoubtedly had a role in our ultimate relegation. The other one is Rodgers at the start of last season gave Rudkin a pretty clear ultimatum: He told us all he could not work with this squad and we desperately needed new players in. At this point a Director of Football has two choices back the manager and give him the players he want to do his job, or sack him and find someone who can work with the players available - he did neither!

That being said, we had a huge job this summer, we had to get the managerial appointment right - 11 games in and that decision looks spot on.

We had to completely overhaul the whole squad, we had to get tue Maddison business done early - he got that done. He had to bring in the players needed to play the Enzo way - signs early on is he’s done this.

Last season was a shite show, but he has done a lot of work this summer to get back to where we need to be.

Next job, is a bit of a review/overhaul of the youth set up, and maybe a couple more interviews with local media, give us an insight into what’s happening.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Without going over old ground, he completely fecked up last season. 2 main things that still get my goat, the number of players out of contract/winding down their contracts at the end of the season undoubtedly had a role in our ultimate relegation. The other one is Rodgers at the start of last season gave Rudkin a pretty clear ultimatum: He told us all he could not work with this squad and we desperately needed new players in. At this point a Director of Football has two choices back the manager and give him the players he want to do his job, or sack him and find someone who can work with the players available - he did neither!

That being said, we had a huge job this summer, we had to get the managerial appointment right - 11 games in and that decision looks spot on.

We had to completely overhaul the whole squad, we had to get tue Maddison business done early - he got that done. He had to bring in the players needed to play the Enzo way - signs early on is he’s done this.

Last season was a shite show, but he has done a lot of work this summer to get back to where we need to be.

Next job, is a bit of a review/overhaul of the youth set up, and maybe a couple more interviews with local media, give us an insight into what’s happening.

You could argue that this was a very easy task.

Look at how many pundits are claiming that Madders for the price is one of the recent bargains in football.

I know about his contract situation and being relegated impacting his price but Madders was clearly a player that had admirers so not sure any real credit can be given to anyone at the club.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

I’m sorry but what exactly are you expecting? The money situation was explained, but people just choose to ignore it. So what other statements were you wanting exactly?

The money situation was eventually explained in some programme notes before the Forest home game. After months of only getting Rodgers sob story.

It's more the month after month of silence as we agonisingly headed towards relegation. They denied attempts from local radio to have any kind of update, the Foxes Trust got no response when they asked what the **** happened to their little inquest. 

The fact there are still people who defend them after how awful the last few years have been is a joke to be honest. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Any news from the Trust on the last season post mortem?   

They are where they are with it. 

Which is to say that they are desperately hoping that the team's good form this season will mean we'll soon forget about the mess we were in and the Trust's hilarious claim to be "pushing for answers" from the club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Any news from the Trust on the last season post mortem?   

No one at the club thinks we are important enough to deserve an explanation. They also know how embarrassing and implicating a review would be. They're hoping it will all blow over, and why wouldn't it with the passive fanbase we have? 

• Like 3

Who gives a flying **** why last season happened, it did. No amount of blame, correctly apportioned or otherwise is going to change a single thing, it’s not as if the discovery of blame will prevent it potentially happening again in the future.

Let it go, enjoy now I reckon.

• Like 4

Yo yoing between the prem and championship is not  the end of the world  for a club of our size and resources.

The occasional cup success and once in a century top flight win is icing on the cake.

If that's not enough for some of you then go and support Man city etc

Edited by cropstonfox

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

It is possible to enjoy what Enzo is doing and still have doubts over Rudkin/Top’s most recent track record.

If lessons particularly about wage structure/scatter gun approach on recruitment haven’t been learnt then we will deservedly yo-yo between the PL and Championship.

I understand, but what exactly will our knowing this do for our future prospects? Idle musing I guess, just find any fury now self indulgent, it is done, we ****ed it good and proper. Now we hope for better and are currently seeing it, dissecting last season is silly as even if we find the cause, we as fans cannot protect ourselves against it recoccuring.

But I get others still want heads to roll, life’s too short, rather my time rewatching reruns of this seasons games. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I understand, but what exactly will our knowing this do for our future prospects? Idle musing I guess, just find any fury now self indulgent, it is done, we ****ed it good and proper. Now we hope for better and are currently seeing it, dissecting last season is silly as even if we find the cause, we as fans cannot protect ourselves against it recoccuring.

But I get others still want heads to roll, life’s too short, rather my time rewatching reruns of this seasons games. lol

Agree totally about worrying about things in our control.

I just would love for the board to show some action on what will be remembered as the season a club (that we all love)  was relegated from the PL with the highest ever wage bill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Yo yoing between the prem and championship is not  the end of the world  for a club of our size and resources.

The occasional cup success and once in a century top flight win is icing on the cake.

If that's not enough for some of you then go and support Man city etc

It is for us given the financial debts we carry. 

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The money situation was eventually explained in some programme notes before the Forest home game. After months of only getting Rodgers sob story.

It's more the month after month of silence as we agonisingly headed towards relegation. They denied attempts from local radio to have any kind of update, the Foxes Trust got no response when they asked what the **** happened to their little inquest. 

The fact there are still people who defend them after how awful the last few years have been is a joke to be honest. 

Wrong again, 1st September after the widow closed. 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2773862/the-chairmans-programme-notes?lang=en

What do you expect them to say, clubs don't go about constantly releasing statements. 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is a strange take on this!!!

So when the owners took over the club they envisaged a club constantly dropping from the Premier League to the Championship every now and then? I don't think so.

We are an aspirational club, that was the mentality previously put forward by those at the top, the recent reticence to liaise with our fanbase, and the debacle of last season has to be addressed. 

We cannot repeat the errors that brought us to the point of relegation,  nothing appears to have changed and no one looking like taking on the responsibility for falling out the league. 

The only part of this equation that is working, is the addition of Maresca. I hope he drags the club kicking and screaming into the Premier League, we need that type of leadership, single minded and not caring who likes it or not.

Good reply, but over the long or medium  term, we are the size of club that gets relegated from time to time.If our owners were like man city's or Newcastles  there would be a  major  change,but unfortunately they are wealthy

but not that wealthy and we are Leicester city.

Guest Sideshow Faes
5 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Agree totally about worrying about things in our control.

I just would love for the board to show some action on what will be remembered as the season a club (that we all love)  was relegated from the PL with the highest ever wage bill.

You've no idea what went on behind the scenes or who was responsible for what. It was a complete f up, but you're just on a bandwagon that you'd do better to get off of. 

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

This 100%.

Smaller example of this is the now nearly month long delay in the club putting out the latest FCC meeting notes.

UFS chased but it's been ignored.

We asked at the FCC for a deadline for the meeting notes to be published (given previous meeting notes had taken ages, if they appeared at all) and that was agreed as 2 weeks (2 weeks ended on Sept 20th)

We have also chased several times and were told they were close to being ready at the end of September, and they still have not appeared.

While recognising that whatever is eventually said or not directly answered by the club in regards to the questions about last season will not change events, we will still publish a website article relating to it

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

You've no idea what went on behind the scenes or who was responsible for what. It was a complete f up, but you're just on a bandwagon that you'd do better to get off of. 

So it’s normal to accept in your own words “a complete f up” and expect different results with the same people steering the ship?

I’m sorry but I don’t prescribe to the motion that it’s ok not to speak up, the running of our club has been amateurish for quite a long time and I’m not calling out KP just merely stating that if lessons aren’t learned then our current success won’t be built upon, which is surely what any fan wants?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sishades said:

Please provide documentation from the club that proves this to be true

Perhaps a better way to put it, is that the perception appears to be that way?

An example for me, was Top’s PR/puff statement post relegation but I then can acknowledge Top (or whoever it was) hired Enzo which appears to be a very shrewd appointment.

I would just love to have confidence in the board but have doubts particularly next season when hopefully trying to (re) cement ourselves as a PL club.

Edited by SafewayFox
Worded a bit harsh on first post 🙈
  • Like 1