Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

8 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We asked at the FCC for a deadline for the meeting notes to be published (given previous meeting notes had taken ages, if they appeared at all) and that was agreed as 2 weeks (2 weeks ended on Sept 20th)

We have also chased several times and were told they were close to being ready at the end of September, and they still have not appeared.

While recognising that whatever is eventually said or not directly answered by the club in regards to the questions about last season will not change events, we will still publish a website article relating to it

...it really seems that they have you on a string!!!

When you have nothing to lose, you are more braver in your approach and dealings in these situations.

I would expect they see the Trust as a group who are unwilling to rock the boat, due to their position and access to the club. I could not see Union FS in that position as its members are prepared to make waves.

I believe the trust was setup like most clubs within the game to give supporters a voice and to an extent, hold clubs to account. It now seems like a PR exercise and it is how long you continue to acquiesce to their dealings with you that will determine the true relationship between yourselves.

Look at OHL, they voiced their need for Brys to be removed, and it happened, perhaps you need some of their members on your board?

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 19:08, SafewayFox said:

It is possible to enjoy what Enzo is doing and still have doubts over Rudkin/Top’s most recent track record.

If lessons particularly about wage structure/scatter gun approach on recruitment haven’t been learnt then we will deservedly yo-yo between the PL and Championship.

This absolutely👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Babylon said:

Wrong again, 1st September after the widow closed. 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2773862/the-chairmans-programme-notes?lang=en

What do you expect them to say, clubs don't go about constantly releasing statements. 

Thanks Rudders.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

I do not understand this at all.  Why would you as a fan want to settle for mediocrity?  The last 10 years have seen Leicesters profile expand massively world-wide.  We are a very different club to when I first started supporting the club 40+ years ago.

Wanting more for your club, especially with our recent history, does not make you less of a fan.  I am not sure why people have such an acceptance of average because that is traditionally how we used to be. 

It could be turned around to suggest if you like average, go and support Coventry.

We have had the dream forever and it came true and we are eternally grateful.We can continue to dream that we could be even bigger or more sustainable, but again it's a dream.But who knows,they do come true......

21 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We asked at the FCC for a deadline for the meeting notes to be published (given previous meeting notes had taken ages, if they appeared at all) and that was agreed as 2 weeks (2 weeks ended on Sept 20th)

We have also chased several times and were told they were close to being ready at the end of September, and they still have not appeared.

While recognising that whatever is eventually said or not directly answered by the club in regards to the questions about last season will not change events, we will still publish a website article relating to it

FCC notes are out now so you can publish your stuff :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

This is exactly what Rodgers said prior to last season. We can’t keep doing business like this, clearly both Rodgers and Enzo expected to have money going into their transfer windows, and then are told late there is no money.

We really need to improve the communication between the football and business sides of the Football club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This is exactly what Rodgers said prior to last season. We can’t keep doing business like this, clearly both Rodgers and Enzo expected to have money going into their transfer windows, and then are told late there is no money.

We really need to improve the communication between the football and business sides of the Football club.

Enzo said he expected it

Is anyone really surprised that we need to sell to buy?

We have a squad already sailing through the league this season. If we do not strengthen then we will still have by a distance the best squad in the division. Why push limits unnecessarily.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2023 at 12:44, Basildon Fox said:

I do not understand this at all.  Why would you as a fan want to settle for mediocrity?  The last 10 years have seen Leicesters profile expand massively world-wide.  We are a very different club to when I first started supporting the club 40+ years ago.

Wanting more for your club, especially with our recent history, does not make you less of a fan.  I am not sure why people have such an acceptance of average because that is traditionally how we used to be. 

It could be turned around to suggest if you like average, go and support Coventry.

Probably it’s just supporting the club,no matter where we are…

Of course one chases the aspirations and ambitions…

But slating player because of it,or over analysing every individual mistake..

in sport..it’s being part and taking part..

Enjoying,embracing the moments the memories yesteryear and the future..

In Professional football/sport there is an accountability…agreed

But there is as a fan,in this country…being English/British where various sporting

issues events,where we carry the hurt the pain,with a tick of humour get on with life in one’s pastime…and have a corner within yourself of not giving a flying fcuk..

Because life gets in the way and each individual has to find a balance…

And not go ballistic,where you can’t change anything,and waste fruitless energy, where sitting or being outside that “game event ,itself...

Where » one does not have any effect or influence of/on any outcome…

The emotion belongs around « the game » knee-jerk reactions accepted

but then crying retribution ,Earthfall and critic over weeks / months outside banter is why jerk was invented I suppose…

You see supporting

Leicester..Coventry..Northampton Torquay, Blackley..oh and L’pool, Man.city & Tigers RFC..IS average. ..You, I, &  them are nothing special or spectacular..

Now then my wife….!!:whistle:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Sorry can’t believe that,,it would be one of the first questions,maybe stipulations,

If one does one homework on your future club especially our two season history

OR Mr Maresca is very naive and just  dived blindly into the job application,without 2nd thoughts, concentrating on the coaching goals…

Though there has been some points in interview generally..

No normal vocabulary or detail on either injuries,or medical process,No concrete information or thought over Alves or Baybroole..Even Ndidi,Nacho As though it doesn’t lay in his interest/ responsibility scope. With Nacho he didn’t mention Nigeria are monitoring his progress and availability and is off to AFCON

I thought there might be some clever shielding,but might be the above does not fall in his responsibility,other than producing,coaching team & squad players handed into his care…Muscle problems is the new vague vocabulary being

shunted around, No real detail  like of old..

Where two weeks ago I was an happy bunny,secondary questions are popping up.

But I have no interest in rocking any boat..His démener has changed slightly…

Edited by fuchsntf

Enzo was saying at the end of the summer we had to move on players before bringing anyone in so I don't see why he would be surprised its the same now.

We have been the biggest spenders in the Championship this season and have the biggest wage bill.

I don't think he has much to complain about.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Enzo was saying at the end of the summer we had to move on players before bringing anyone in so I don't see why he would be surprised its the same now.

Was reported they were looking at targets for this window a month ago, I just don't buy that not having money for transfers without selling wouldn't have come up before then.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

Is anyone really surprised that we need to sell to buy?

We have a squad already sailing through the league this season. If we do not strengthen then we will still have by a distance the best squad in the division. Why push limits unnecessarily.

Enzo was apparently! :rolleyes:

Rudkin’s inability to get unwanted players out of the door is hurting us again. 

If it’s not a big money departure of one or our best players, we’re horrendous at doing anything other than letting people walk for free or loans.

I refuse to believe that a decent DOF over the past few years couldn’t have got a fee and sorted out a swifter exit for the likes of Perez, Mendy, Benkovic, Ghezzal. We must have a reputation within the game now that LCFC won’t turn down a loan offer and make you take a player on a permanent if you really want them.

Praet, Ndidi and Iheanacho will all potentially walk from the club this summer with no fee in return. These are players that are current internationals for countries of relatively decent calibre in the international game (and not the first to go for nothing after Tielemans, Amartey and Soyuncu). If you believe no club in the whole of world football would have been willing to pay for them then you’re deluded.

A good DOF has agent contacts, links with clubs, pedigree and experience in the transfer market. We have the bloke who used to run the academy.

Clubs who cashed in on the Saudi gold rush in the summer didn’t just get lucky. They knew it was a possibility and had proactively built connections and relationships with the buyers. Rudkin probably doesn’t even know the country dialling code.

• Like 1