Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

7 hours ago, MPH said:

it does make you wonder, though... if we can afford the signings needed when we get promoted...

Quite a few players leaving for free in the Summer. That should help with the payroll but not sure how much cash we will have to spend.    Everton & Forest have got a lot of clubs running scared

With what's going on with Forest and Everton, it can't come as a surprise to anyone, including Enzo, that we can't buy until we sell. Rudkin may well have not communicated properly with Enzo, which is poor if true, but he can't magically find money to spend that we don't have/can't spend due yo ffp. We are still feeling the affects of poor recruitment under Rodgers and Congerton but hopefully our wage bill and finances will look a little better come the summer. If we get to next summer and are in a similar situation where we can't spend, then we are fcked and I think the little confidence the fans have in the powers that be, will be completely diminished. The last thing we want is Enzo not being backed and he ends up walking out.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Without knowing what they were offering its hard to judge.

You also have to factor we would need a replacement, which is a fee and wages.

Replacement for a player we had no interest in playing isn't hard to find

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Palace bid £4m for Iversen in the summer we rejected it as we were demanding £6m, why? it left us stuck with a player that was never going to play depreciating in value for 4 months paying his wages and now all we could do was find a loan for him, how much did we have to pay him during that time, how much of his wages are we paying during his loan?

Was it really worth it over £2m? I like that we play hardball over our stars but for players like this if the offer is reasonable take it..

How many offers for Praet have we rejected for a player we didn't want on a lot of money that we will lose for free this summer? Its just bad squad management and this all falls within Rudkin's remit, that's why people look at him

I know on paper it looks like cutting our nose off to spite our face,  What we don’t know is how the deal was structured, could have been quite a low initial payment and heavily incentive driven, might be £4m but we only see a £1m of it upfront and the rest could be if, buts and maybes and all for a deal that is 33% below our valuation, not exactly attractive or necessarily savvy business. 

Also Iversen will have been due bonuses and loyalty payments as he hasn’t requested a transfer, so there is those additional factors to cost in, especially when completing relatively low value transfers. 

I am not saying the club haven’t made some serious errors of judgement and decisions, however without all of the facts in front of us it is very difficult to say if we are needlessly holding onto players or we are being low balled to a point where it doesn’t make financial sense to do the deal. 

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

In this very thread people have slated him for accepting low offers on players. 

Probably because they were in high demand players we’d have wanted to keep if possible vs. Players we don’t want or need

• Like 2

So the bottom line is we have to sell players first. Him and his team should have been planning this out before the January transfer window opened.

They should have been planning to let some players go on the cheap, if they are struggling to sell

The buck does stop with Rudkin. He manages the operations of the club, therefore he is responsible and accountable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Probably because they were in high demand players we’d have wanted to keep if possible vs. Players we don’t want or need

But people knew we had to sell and knew we were going to be unable to keep them, so you get lowballed and pressured. Other clubs aren't blind to our situation and knew, especially in the case of Maddison, that we HAD to sell. We were in no bargaining position without loads of offers coming in from teams, which weren't coming in. We also used that money to get our players in early. But people want to sit here saying we should have got more.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

So the bottom line is we have to sell players first. Him and his team should have been planning this out before the January transfer window opened.

They should have been planning to let some players go on the cheap, if they are struggling to sell

The buck does stop with Rudkin. He manages the operations of the club, therefore he is responsible and accountable.

Who do you think we should sell on the cheap?

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not accepting an offer on a keeper who is what 3rd or 4th choice is a bit different than expecting a bit more for your Crown Jewels to be fair.

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Not accepting an offer on a keeper who is what 3rd or 4th choice is a bit different than expecting a bit more for your Crown Jewels to be fair.

If you think he's worth more than the deal on the table, you are still selling cheap. Not forgetting, at the time, we probably thought that other players were leaving and thus freeing up funds (see Daka). 

Much like Rodgers Enzo has had plenty of players through the door before the season started and he's got an exceptional squad more than good enough for completing the job required. 

Much like Rodgers I don't really want him spending money this season on his injury prone mates and I certainly don't want to hear him moaning about not being able to sign his injury prone mates. 

Personally I would rather us sign nobody this window, offload some of our many duffers and use all of the funds to buy players to prepare us for next season in the summer. 

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Rejected a bid £2m short for one player and then let Barnes and Maddison go for god knows how much less than market value. That's on Rudkin, but no doubt you'll defend it anyway because "we don't know for sure". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Much like Rodgers Enzo has had plenty of players through the door before the season started and he's got an exceptional squad more than good enough for completing the job required. 

Much like Rodgers I don't really want him spending money this season on his injury prone mates and I certainly don't want to hear him moaning about not being able to sign his injury prone mates. 

Personally I would rather us sign nobody this window, offload some of our many duffers and use all of the funds to buy players to prepare us for next season in the summer. 

Sensi is Premier League standard, though. So signing him does exactly what you want us to (prepare for next season). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

100% - Maresca should not engage on transfer talk in the media - he has an exceptional squad that should get promoted with their eyes closed.

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Rejected a bid £2m short for one player and then let Barnes and Maddison go for god knows how much less than market value. That's on Rudkin, but no doubt you'll defend it anyway because "we don't know for sure". 

They went for market value given we are in the championship and their contract expiry - deluded if you think we were going to get more.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

17 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

They went for market value given we are in the championship and their contract expiry - deluded if you think we were going to get more.

It was also vitally important to sell them earlier in the summer and actually do our business and have a preseason with the new squad, than hold out for £5-10m more and scupper our whole window

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It was also vitally important to sell them earlier in the summer and actually do our business and have a preseason with the new squad, than hold out for £5-10m more and scupper our whole window

Exactly 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Sensi is Premier League standard, though. So signing him does exactly what you want us to (prepare for next season). 

He's made of glass and wouldn't last a season in this country. 

We clearly have little room for manoeuvre at the minute so spending it on a player with significant injury concerns makes little sense to me. 

Just now, Lako42 said:

He's made of glass and wouldn't last a season in this country. 

We clearly have little room for manoeuvre at the minute so spending it on a player with significant injury concerns makes little sense to me. 

Possibly, but he's stayed fit for the last 18 months which is encouraging. 

Harry Winks and Ricardo looked like their careers had been ruined by injuries, but both look like they have put them behind them now. 

Hard to say no to someone of Sensi's quality for the price they want, especially when you are where we are as a club - could be a shrewd bit of business gambling on his ability to stay fit. 

What would you suggest we do instead if we were to bring someone else in? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We needed madders out by 30 June re the accounts 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Not really, he's not director of finance. I would also think Top has the last say on what we pay and accept for players.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Or risk doing a florest 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Not really, he's not director of finance. I would also think Top has the last say on what we pay and accept for players.

The Director of Finance will have little involvement with the individual purchases, they'll be part of recruitment discussions and all the planning and strategy but ultimately Rudkin, Maresca and Co will have strict top level figures that they have to work within.