Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

15 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No one else will be interested in this club.

We have a entitled bunch of crap fans who would rather spend 5 minutes sat in their SUV than support their club.

To be honest the club mirrors the energy of its supporters, pathetic. 

What an absolute load of shite.

• Like 2

The merry-go-around continues 

Rudkin is going to get abused, despite nobody being aware of the details, Rudkin who had a great Summer Transfer Window will be spoken about like he’s worthless and ruining the club, all over a player who’s incredibly injury prone, and most people had never heard of a month ago, a player who will be free in a few months 

As some of the few, sensible people have mentioned, if you blame Rudkin for transfer failings, and failings on the pitch, you have to praise him for the successful transfers (buying and selling) we’ve had, as well as the success we’ve had since he took over in late 2014. 

You simply can’t have it both ways. A bit of balance, and a sensible head is needed at the moment because our fans, like most football fans nowadays, are way too reactionary 

Edited by Onions
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol what?

No not particularly.

I do think that if you want to hold him accountable for the current state of the squad then you also have to credit him with the Premier League and FA Cup winning squads. You can't really have it both ways.

The thing I say the most when it comes to transfers in football is that it's far, far too common these days to see any one individual being held accountable for success or failure in transfers. Its always "such and such manager signed this player" or this head of recruitment or this director of football is good/bad. 

The reality is that a club our size will have a lot of cogs in the recruitment machine. Identifying talent to come in and weaknesses in the squad, deciding on targets, agreeing on who to sale to raise funds, these aren't just decisions made by one person alone. 

I think if the club is to progress and take full advantage of these world class facilities we built then we need world class staff and that probably means finding a better DoF who does have a much more clear footballing vision. But I also don't think we're in a terrible place right now and I do think people wildly over-exaggerate.

If Maresca really wants Sensi then he can have him for free in 6 months time and we'll get promoted without him anyway. It's not exactly like Dennis Praet, Will Alves, Sammy Braybrook or whoever else is going to cost us the league is it?

Well said 👏🏼

1 minute ago, adam said:

Still one of life's mysteries how he managed to get the job as DOF.

Maybe he's just a tough negotiator?

Maybe the boss man tells him to stick to the script?

Who knows?  

All I know is some deals seem soft and too easy to complete.  Some deals seem redik hard to deliver and fail.  I guess unless in the room, we will never get to know as to why.

All I will add is the Italian teams are notorious for being twitchy on deals and flip/flop to drive a hard bargin.  Maybe Rudders play them at their game?

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

90 minutes of booing needed at Stoke 

No. 

The anger needs to be directed at Rudkin like if has before IF anything. 

The Team and Enzo need our support more than ever.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol what?

No not particularly.

I do think that if you want to hold him accountable for the current state of the squad then you also have to credit him with the Premier League and FA Cup winning squads. You can't really have it both ways.

The thing I say the most when it comes to transfers in football is that it's far, far too common these days to see any one individual being held accountable for success or failure in transfers. Its always "such and such manager signed this player" or this head of recruitment or this director of football is good/bad. 

The reality is that a club our size will have a lot of cogs in the recruitment machine. Identifying talent to come in and weaknesses in the squad, deciding on targets, agreeing on who to sale to raise funds, these aren't just decisions made by one person alone. 

I think if the club is to progress and take full advantage of these world class facilities we built then we need world class staff and that probably means finding a better DoF who does have a much more clear footballing vision. But I also don't think we're in a terrible place right now and I do think people wildly over-exaggerate.

If Maresca really wants Sensi then he can have him for free in 6 months time and we'll get promoted without him anyway. It's not exactly like Dennis Praet, Will Alves, Sammy Braybrook or whoever else is going to cost us the league is it?

I agree with you. There is one difference I’d make - being DOF for a “sustainably challenging the top 6” club is a very different job than being DOF for a relegation candidate. He passed as one of them, failed at the other, because it wasn’t “sustainable”. Him and Rodgers held hands into the shitshow, where if we didn’t make a single big sale a season, we were ****ed.

Rudkin should get credit for getting us there, he’s just not the right person for the job based off what we see today.

Inadequate replacements and not getting the business done early for Fofana, meaning Whelan had to step in, is not how to do business sustainably.