Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Can someone PLEASE share details of the ‘funny’ reason why the Sensi deal supposedly ****ed up? I need an actual reason to hate this guy more than I already do.

Rudkins too busy cleaning out Top's stables.

What is obvious and undeniable, the current Football Management Team are being hampered by the mistakes made under Rudkin's watch in the previous 3-4 years.  Any credit he earned has been spent unwisely.

It is going to take several more seasons to wash out the stains completely.   Silly player salaries, plus retaining the dwarf past his sell by date due to paying him far to much is still hurting us.   A change at DOF level is needed if and when we go back up.

If the Sensi transfer was indeed prevented over such a small amount, sticking another sponsors name on the back of the shirt together with the FAC prize money, would surely would have covered it?

• Like 1

My main concern is that we stay within the FFP or Profit & Sustainability guideline.  To win the league & then lose out due to a points deduction would be heartbreaking. Hopefully Susan Whelan is is paying attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

My main concern is that we stay within the FFP or Profit & Sustainability guideline.  To win the league & then lose out due to a points deduction would be heartbreaking. Hopefully Susan Whelan is is paying attention.

Even if we crossed the line the deduction would come next season because this season's PSR finishes on 30th June. That's how Forest landed in the brown stuff because they rejected a bid for Johnson in June and sold him for a higher fee to Spurs in August. We could be in the red til June as long as we sell deadwood at the end of the season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I do love how Rudkin is getting the credit for the PL win when there was someone else doing his job, babysitting him and getting some cracking players in. 

Then I think about that summer post PL win and how batshit mental crazy the signings were when Jon was allowed the keys to the scouting hut. 

Then got better again when he had Macia

Ffs it’s a 5 way street….Inter,Leicester, agent, player, terms…..if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t happen….our signings this season have been nothing short of spectacular……..sure we all look forward to Abdul returning….

Yes it’s disappointing we didn’t get him, but the clamour on here at different dimes for Tete, Under, Ghezzal, Christiansen, even Casadei suggests we want anybody/somebody…and it often goes pear shaped….

We are top of the division with the squad we have got, hopefully we continue that way, starting with the fans getting behind the team at the Bet 365,,,

Not signing a player, many have never seen play, isn’t worthy of the outcry on here….there will be a reason why…we just don’t know it

..Oh and Akgun looks a real player….

• Like 2

Top is out of his depth, last season’s demise was all on him for not sacking Rodgers till it was too late. Enzo was a recommendation so we got very lucky otherwise we would be mid table right now I would hazard.

The sooner Top sells the club the better, and hopefully then the new ownership will have the foresight to bring in a proper DOF, and a competent department.

It's obviously concerning that we seem to have so little money available for transfers. How are we ever going to compete in the PL if that is the case?

The other big question is why do we never seem able to move on squad players for fees? Our failure to raise money except by flogging our top assets is really hurting us. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I dread to think how bad our summer business will be if we go up

I can see it being like Sheff U's last summer. Sell our star players and sign a load of cheap players from abroad who are not up to the level required in the PL. 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

I can see it being like Sheff U's last summer. Sell our star players and sign a load of cheap players from abroad who are not up to the level required in the PL. 

I'd never want Top to gamble with FFP but we do seem ridiculously constrained every transfer window. I don't really focus too much on the financial side of the club but why our we so hamstrung by FFP? I can't remember us being particularly reckless ......ever 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd never want Top to gamble with FFP but we do seem ridiculously constrained every transfer window. I don't really focus too much on the financial side of the club but why our we so hamstrung by FFP? I can't remember us being particularly reckless ......ever 

And we sold players for £90m last summer as well as losing other high earners on frees. It's puzzling really. 

• Like 2