Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

It’s embarrassing, to some degree I think other clubs will try to avoid dealing with us. First the Silva fiasco and now this, I’d imagine Inter rightly think we’re a bunch of a c unts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

It’s embarrassing, to some degree I think other clubs will try to avoid dealing with us. First the Silva fiasco and now this, I’d imagine Inter rightly think we’re a bunch of a c unts.

Just playing devil advocate, how do you know its not their fault?

• Like 1

The lack of communication from the club is also shit. In the unlikely event it’s Sensi, his agent or Inter pissing around - tell us.

Instead we’re in the dark and that only leads us to look at our track record and realise it’s probably our internal **** ups, again. 

• Like 2

Very disappointing to not get a few out the door and maybe 1/2 in for Jan, but maybe were jumping to conclusions here.

Do we actually know the day to day running of the clubs transfers? Obviously Rudkin would be involved at some points of most transfers, or maybe he just rubber stamps it or does he just do the liaising with Top on the money side? Would even need to know if they're working within an agreed budget?

Who knows what actually goes on!?

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Just playing devil advocate, how do you know its not their fault?

Why would they not want the deal to go through? They clearly want to sell, they’d get a fee for a player who is leaving in the summer for nothing, shed his wages and having a pissed of Sensi back does nothing for them.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Those still able to give Rudkin, Top and our board the benefit of the doubt, I admire you. However, I'm no longer going to tie myself up on this.

It's quite simple for me and it's about the future. How does Leicester in its present structure, get themselves out of this situation where we cannot sell players except the obvious outliers? Because if we can't learn the ability to do so then all of this is irrelevant.

We are sailing so close to FFP and we now have our card marked on our financial situation. If we are poor negotiators then we face the same problems in a few months time when we'll be lowballed for the handful of important 1st team players we have. If we do still need a sale for thr end of June then heaven help us.

I think it's the end of the road, we need a new strategy and in all honesty a new ownership. Top is not going to make the changes himself, he'd changed everything but the area that continues us in this perpetual issue.

We aren't suddenly going to start selling squad players, I highly doubt we've made serious changes to our wage structure that gives us financial flexibility that we evidently need to strike the balance and not be hindered. So this pain and agony will continue.

We must be the most unluckiest club in th world when it comes to negotiations with other clubs, there's certainly not a common denominator in all of this. 

Very well articulated @Ric Flair 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Those still able to give Rudkin, Top and our board the benefit of the doubt, I admire you. However, I'm no longer going to tie myself up on this.

It's quite simple for me and it's about the future. How does Leicester in its present structure, get themselves out of this situation where we cannot sell players except the obvious outliers? Because if we can't learn the ability to do so then all of this is irrelevant.

We are sailing so close to FFP and we now have our card marked on our financial situation. If we are poor negotiators then we face the same problems in a few months time when we'll be lowballed for the handful of important 1st team players we have. If we do still need a sale for thr end of June then heaven help us.

I think it's the end of the road, we need a new strategy and in all honesty a new ownership. Top is not going to make the changes himself, he'd changed everything but the area that continues us in this perpetual issue.

We aren't suddenly going to start selling squad players, I highly doubt we've made serious changes to our wage structure that gives us financial flexibility that we evidently need to strike the balance and not be hindered. So this pain and agony will continue.

We must be the most unluckiest club in th world when it comes to negotiations with other clubs, there's certainly not a common denominator in all of this. 

Connor Coady on probably the top 10 highest wages in the league not getting a sniff is all the evidence that lessons haven’t been learned. 

We’ll be lumbered with him for years not being able to improve because of his wages. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Tottenham, Newcastle and Brighton to name but three

Just now, Dames said:

Connor Coady on probably the top 10 highest wages in the league not getting a sniff is all the evidence that lessons haven’t been learned. 

We’ll be lumbered with him for years not being able to improve because of his wages. 

When we signed him, universally great signing on here…..not his fault we have the best back four in the division

Personally I agree that a change at the top of the club is now required.  

Not so we can go gung ho and chuck money around risking points deductions, but clearly Rudkin, Top and Whelan have done an awful job in the last couple of years, taking us from top 4 challengers to this.

I couldn’t however bring myself to ever voice the removal of the Srivaddhanapravha family at the ground.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

If it’s as bad as Hermandsen, Winks, Cannon, Mavididi, Fatawu it’ll be a shocker…..

It won't be anywhere like that. If we can't sign players, we can't sign players. If we we are unable to strengthen in the summer, which now seems nailed on, then without a shadow of a doubt we will be instantly relegated again. Back to the yo-yo years, though I suspect a second relgation would see us languishing in the lowers leagues for another decade. 

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Why would they not want the deal to go through? They clearly want to sell, they’d get a fee for a player who is leaving in the summer for nothing, shed his wages and having a pissed of Sensi back does nothing for them.

Pretty sure neither club wanted the deal to fall though. However there are two sides in a negotiation, if never side is willing you yield it not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

It won't be anywhere like that. If we can't sign players, we can't sign players. If we we are unable to strengthen in the summer, which now seems nailed on, then without a shadow of a doubt we will be instantly relegated again. Back to the yo-yo years, though I suspect a second relgation would see us languishing in the lowers leagues for another decade. 

Just because we can't sign player now doesn't mean we can sign players in the summer.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Just because we can't sign player now doesn't mean we can sign players in the summer.

What magically changes between now and then, then? Apart from selling off the players we actually want to keep? 

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

What magically changes between now and then, then? Apart from selling off the players we actually want to keep? 

The fact that a number of players leave on a free. 

I also think that we will sell KDH.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Of the top of my head.

If we get promoted our income jumps by around 40%.

We have another load off the wage bill in the summer.

Our transfer amortisation drop in the summer.

We are under PL FFP which isn't as strict as Championship FFP.