Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

8 hours ago, Viva said:

Think a few of you need to head to bed and get some rest. Shouldn’t be getting so wound up about not signing a player for a few quid when we are 10 points clear at the top of the league! 
It’s clear that all teams are struggling to bring any players in. 

I don't understand why some people don't seem to understand this is not about 1 player this is just the latest thing that has gone wrong under Rudkins incompetent leadership

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Past Rudkin screws current Rudkin by giving shit players massive deals. 

Regardless of not getting Sensi in the main issue is that we couldn't get rid of one of our complete duffers and that is with them on reduced terms due to relegation. 

Not qualified for the job 

some of the top serie A midfielders would probably love Praets championship wage!!   

KDH will get us up, then we’ll get £40m for a great footballer….It’s no coincidence Luton, Burnley and Sheff U are in the bottom 4…and Burnley have spent big….it’s a business as well as a football club….a point often overlooked on here…..if you want to burn money set fire to it

5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I don't understand why some people don't seem to understand this is not about 1 player this is just the latest thing that has gone wrong under Rudkins incompetent leadership

We couldn’t manage to make the deal work for us, so pulled the plug. In the days of points deductions, I’d rather we stayed within the rules rather than gamble and take unnecessary risks. 

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

So we start in a potentially weaker position than right now. 

Probably - depends on your view point of whether you think KDH is really the man to take us forward in the PL. If you read most of the comments in here you would think the majority would be glad to get shot of him. If (*if*!) we get 30 million for him then potentially we have the ability to do dome shrewd (*maybe*) business that will soften the KDH blow. 

Does losing the deadwood make us weaker? Personally can't wait not to see Praet and Nacho on the teamsheet. Obviously, Vesty and Ndidi are a concern, but again most posters don't think Vesty should be retained anyway, and Ndidis last role in the PL (admit - a different manager and position) was a train wreck.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Those still able to give Rudkin, Top and our board the benefit of the doubt, I admire you. However, I'm no longer going to tie myself up on this.

It's quite simple for me and it's about the future. How does Leicester in its present structure, get themselves out of this situation where we cannot sell players except the obvious outliers? Because if we can't learn the ability to do so then all of this is irrelevant.

We are sailing so close to FFP and we now have our card marked on our financial situation. If we are poor negotiators then we face the same problems in a few months time when we'll be lowballed for the handful of important 1st team players we have. If we do still need a sale for thr end of June then heaven help us.

I think it's the end of the road, we need a new strategy and in all honesty a new ownership. Top is not going to make the changes himself, he'd changed everything but the area that continues us in this perpetual issue.

We aren't suddenly going to start selling squad players, I highly doubt we've made serious changes to our wage structure that gives us financial flexibility that we evidently need to strike the balance and not be hindered. So this pain and agony will continue.

We must be the most unluckiest club in th world when it comes to negotiations with other clubs, there's certainly not a common denominator in all of this. 

I agree to some extent except that of top and the board make a change a DOF and fix this they o would be very happy for them to stay and am not wanting the owners to sell but changes definitely need to be changed

1 minute ago, Viva said:

We couldn’t manage to make the deal work for us, so pulled the plug. In the days of points deductions, I’d rather we stayed within the rules rather than gamble and take unnecessary risks. 

This is a fair point, but spending clost to an entire month on a deal, to then bring the player over for a medical and at the last minute, realise we couldn't do the deal is just really poor planning. It's basic incompetence not to have a set parameter of a deal you can and can't adhere to, and if that wasn't made clear to Inter before bringing Sensi over then its just another shitshow to add to a long list.

He will never be moved on mind, he's basically part of the ownership group, not an LCFC employee. 

• Like 1

How many times has this happened now? A player over on deadline day, time and effort completely wasted. Enzo will be, quite rightly, furious and likely more than a little bit disillusioned

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viva said:

And your still focusing on this one deal in isolation I'm not I'm looking at the bigger picture and there have been too many similar incidents a changeless needs to be made

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Probably - depends on your view point of whether you think KDH is really the man to take us forward in the PL. If you read most of the comments in here you would think the majority would be glad to get shot of him. If (*if*!) we get 30 million for him then potentially we have the ability to do dome shrewd (*maybe*) business that will soften the KDH blow. 

Does losing the deadwood make us weaker? Personally can't wait not to see Praet and Nacho on the teamsheet. Obviously, Vesty and Ndidi are a concern, but again most posters don't think Vesty should be retained anyway, and Ndidis last role in the PL (admit - a different manager and position) was a train wreck.

You don't get a better player than KDH for £30 million

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

And your still focusing on this one deal in isolation I'm not I'm looking at the bigger picture and there have been too many similar incidents a changeless needs to be made

We have made some great recruitment decisions since getting relegated. So I’m not just focusing on this one deal. 

Did anyone really think we would be buying anyone this window? It was obvious that unless the deadwood was out, nothing else was going to happen with the rebuild. 

For me the Sensi news was surprising more than anything, and appeared it was an option floated because he was unfavoured where he was and it could be done on the cheap.  Even then, i think many of us were looking for reasons to like the deal. It just never seemed an obvious win to me, and i don't feel particularly annoyed by it not happening. 

Thought we had a pretty good window last summer all things considered. Lets dust ourselves down and get this job done. Most important thing now is to get promoted.

Window this summer will be the interesting one.......

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

So according to 

https://sempreinter.com/2024/02/02/stefano-sensi-stays-inter-milan-leicester-city-move-collapses/

It's a combination of unable to get the work permit sorted and staying within FFP. Maresca must be fuming.

I don't believe the WP situation at all, this is all FFP.

For what it's worth, whilst I'm sure Enzo will be annoyed, he still has more than enough at his disposal to win us the league, and was backed substantially in the summer.

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Probably pretty mad about not knowing we can't afford a player at the last minute.

The board did a similar thing to Brendan.

I’m pretty sure he understands a relegated team with a huge wage bill has to cut their cloth.