Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Being unable to sell players we don't want has hamstrung us for 5-6 years now. There seems to be some kind of fiasco in every transfer window.

Inability or unwillingness to do business in January has contributed to us missing out on our objectives twice in recent seasons and it cost us dearly - if this happens again this year it'll be the most damaging one yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

So according to 

https://sempreinter.com/2024/02/02/stefano-sensi-stays-inter-milan-leicester-city-move-collapses/

It's a combination of unable to get the work permit sorted and staying within FFP. Maresca must be fuming.

There has been massive mistakes in the past which have lumbered us with a bloated squad of some very average players on stupid wages. I also think a refresh would be a good thing and wouldn't mind us looking at replacing Rudkin.

But if that is correct reasoning then it seems like an eminently sensible decision to pull the plug. Enzo may be disappointed but I don't see why he'd be angry.

• Like 1

Lock this thread.

Rudders is going no where in fact, I’d confidently predict Top will get divorced before he moves Jon on.

It’s also one of the most Brexit/Anti Brexit topics on FT - not even worth saying your piece as the other side are frothing from the mouth to hit home their point!! 🥱

I keep going from shaking my head laughing at the whole thing to being absolutely furious.

Everyone could see we needed a midfielder. We've been giving time to Praet, Raikhy, Yunus and Ricardo in that number 8 role since Casadei left.

The fact the Sensi deal fell through is bad enough but it's the fact we've put every single one of our eggs into one basket. Nobody thought to line up a loan move.

• Like 1

Failing to complete the Sensi move is frustrating, but understandable if it put us at risk of breaching FFP issues. 

I'm far more annoyed that we chose not to sell Souttar. If he's not a first team choice, then we shouldn't be paying him big wages to tread water. Didn't want to improve a rival? Well they'd hardly want to sign him if they didn't think he'd improve their side, ffs.

• Like 1

He is a joke tbh!

A whole transfer window and yet again they leave it to the final couple of hours.  Its so unprofessional and incompetant.  Who would want to deal with us as a club if we cannot get the basics right. 

Time to get behind the team as i should imagine Enzo is not happy.  In Enzo we trust 💙🦊

• Like 2

Ah well.

Win the league and sort the squad out in the summer.

We'll have more money and will hopefully be able to get rid of the deadwood that's on big money. We'll have a few duds that are out of contract presumably?

• Like 1

Brentford and Brighton have at 3 least players lined up for every player they have at the club. Same goes for their managers.

They never let it drop below that. It means they can confidently move anyone on for a good price (e.g a KDH) and have 3 adequate replacements lined up to draft in at any moment.

That's the model of success these days.

• Like 1

Is anyone actually informed about why we didn't sign someone? Is anyone actually informed into the role Rudkin did or didn't play? 

I know it's an internet forum so it's par for the course, but this is just a bunch of people losing their minds over something they're quite literally uninformed about...

• Like 3

I don’t think anyone is saying we should be reckless with our spending and run the risk of an FFP breach and potential points deduction, what is infuriating me and no doubt Enzo, is the fact that Rudkin has not communicated the position clearly enough or early enough, Enzo seems a man of principle and therefore I imagine his frustration and anger will be more in relation to the embarrassment of persuading Sensi to join us and then the club flying him over for a medical and sign his papers to then pull the plug. 

if that was me i would rightly be fuming especially if I had worked tirelessly and took advantage of contacts and relationships to set it up for Rudkin and the clubs heirarchy to jettison the deal at such a late stage. I very much doubt this is about not signing a player but more about the circumstances and how this played out, this will have created what could be irreparable damage to the trust and day to day working relationship. 

people shrugging their shoulders and going oh well, I don’t think grasp the severity of what went on yesterday and the lasting damage these kind of feck ups can have. 

• Like 3

We’ve got more than enough in the squad to cover the number 8 position and to win the league. I’m sure every other club has a position in their team that they would like to improve. 
It didn’t quite happen, but we’ll be in a far better position financially in the summer to improve the squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I don’t think anyone is saying we should be reckless with our spending and run the risk of an FFP breach and potential points deduction, what is infuriating me and no doubt Enzo, is the fact that Rudkin has not communicated the position clearly enough or early enough, Enzo seems a man of principle and therefore I imagine his frustration and anger will be more in relation to the embarrassment of persuading Sensi to join us and then the club flying him over for a medical and sign his papers to then pull the plug. 

if that was me i would rightly be fuming especially if I had worked tirelessly and took advantage of contacts and relationships to set it up for Rudkin and the clubs heirarchy to jettison the deal at such a late stage. I very much doubt this is about not signing a player but more about the circumstances and how this played out, this will have created what could be irreparable damage to the trust and day to day working relationship. 

people shrugging their shoulders and going oh well, I don’t think grasp the severity of what went on yesterday and the lasting damage these kind of feck ups can have. 

You don’t know the conversations that have gone on behind closed doors with Rudkin and Enzo. He was probably well aware of the situation. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Do you have access to their email inboxes? 

How on earth do you know what has / hasn't been communicated between Maresca and Rudkin since June!?

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Brentford and Brighton have at 3 least players lined up for every player they have at the club. Same goes for their managers.

They never let it drop below that. It means they can confidently move anyone on for a good price (e.g a KDH) and have 3 adequate replacements lined up to draft in at any moment.

That's the model of success these days.

within reason, the other club need to sell first; 

though they dont tiptoe around then, they go straight to the point with deals etc , where are we dont

8 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is anyone actually informed about why we didn't sign someone? Is anyone actually informed into the role Rudkin did or didn't play? 

I know it's an internet forum so it's par for the course, but this is just a bunch of people losing their minds over something they're quite literally uninformed about...

Even if he wasn't the main man in this transfer he is DOF and there for in charge of recruitment. If he delegated it to someone else who made an error he is still in charge and the buck stops with him

What i've never understood with us is why we spent all that money on seagrave, yes its fantastic but we could of so easily spent 50m on getting half of it done and then completed bit by bit every year and spent the remaining money on expanding the stadium to 40k, more sponsers/bigger venue that can be used for concerts etc, just generally increasing the revenue.

• Like 1