Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

6 minutes ago, Viva said:

You don’t know the conversations that have gone on behind closed doors with Rudkin and Enzo. He was probably well aware of the situation. 

So we didn’t fly Sensi over here, complete his medical and him the sign the paperwork and then still pull the plug on the deal, do you think Enzo was fully aware that would happen?

Frustrating but we don't know the full picture, and it's for the best to not happen if it put us on the wrong side of FFP.

KDH, Winks, Ndidi, Yunus, Praet, Choudhury and Ricardo is more than enough to fill central midfield in the Championship.

I dare say that every other club in this division would swap for our midfield options.

If we get promoted we'll need to strengthen the squad, but that'll be easier with so many big earners off the books this summer.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

So we didn’t fly Sensi over here, complete his medical and him the sign the paperwork and then still pull the plug on the deal, do you think Enzo was fully aware that would happen?

Could, yes, would no.

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

He probably knew what was needed to make the deal happen, yes. Every time he has been asked about Sensi he has stated we need to sell before we buy, so he certainly wasn’t in the dark about financial issues. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

The day after the night before, standard unsubstantiated lashing out. Would rather we had sold some, but so be it, we are in the same position that got us on course to win this league.

Are you sure it's unsubstantiated?

It's been 4/5 years of the same old story when it comes to us and transfer windows. So much dross on high wages or long contracts that we can never seem to shift. Only person at the club in a role he is in no way qualified to do, I'm sorry - any other club he'd be gone but he's become Top's Smithers who he can't seem to let go of.

15 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is anyone actually informed about why we didn't sign someone? Is anyone actually informed into the role Rudkin did or didn't play? 

I know it's an internet forum so it's par for the course, but this is just a bunch of people losing their minds over something they're quite literally uninformed about...

The club aren't going to shag you mate

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Do you have access to their email inboxes? 

How on earth do you know what has / hasn't been communicated between Maresca and Rudkin since June!?

I have listened to Enzo’s press conferences and also what has been reported, so do your think Rudkin and Enzo sat there laughing over a cup of coffee as to what a hoot it would be to fly Sensi over complete a medical and sign his paperwork to then not do the deal for shits and giggles, and Enzo along with it all, despite the personal embarrassment and risk to personal and professional relationships he may have. 

Just now, lcfc278 said:

Are you sure it's unsubstantiated?

It's been 4/5 years of the same old story when it comes to us and transfer windows. So much dross on high wages or long contracts that we can never seem to shift. Only person at the club in a role he is in no way qualified to do, I'm sorry - any other club he'd be gone but he's become Top's Smithers who he can't seem to let go of.

I was referring yesterday, so yes. If you read many fan boardsw e are nowhere near as unique as some make out.

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Of course he was. He's been saying for weeks that a player has to leave before anyone comes in. Sensi would've travelled in the knowledge that certain pieces of the puzzle had to be in place to make the deal. 

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The day after the night before, standard unsubstantiated lashing out. Would rather we had sold some, but so be it, we are in the same position that got us on course to win this league.

You could argue we aren’t in the same position given Casadei left. I know he didn’t set the world alight but he gave us capable cover in a position we are worryingly light in.

For those offering “reason” to the madness of how we operate. The madness primarily being we are playing Stoke tomorrow in the Championship, not a PL opponent. A scenario that was completely unthinkable just 18 months ago. 

If Rudkin left tomorrow, what impact would that have on us ? What exactly are we trying to add reason to ? Rudkin and his shortcomings were hidden to an extent because the ultimate decision maker was a charismatic self made entrepreneur who made calls. That doesn’t work when the leader is an inexperienced, barely achieved young man without much on his cv. 

The club benefits from the last ten years but while we have two mediocre (at best and I’m being kind) individuals running this, we will suffer. Something has to give to improve in areas we are having issues in. Either Top goes or Rudkin goes and is replaced with a more experienced operator. Otherwise, what is it that so many seem to be defending ? 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Langston said:

You could argue we aren’t in the same position given Casadei left. I know he didn’t set the world alight but he gave us capable cover in a position we are worryingly light in.

You could but it's not a strong argument, as you pointed out,and we have tested the water with our own in the Raikhy lad, so not much change really.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be fair I am constantly critical of Ridkin and have been for years pretty much since he was made DOF in the first place as I thought he was unqualified for it then and my opinion hasn't changed since. I am not just reacting to last night

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I was referring yesterday, so yes. If you read many fan boardsw e are nowhere near as unique as some make out.

Completely disagree, any criticism going the clubs way for yesterday and the whole of the January window is completely warranted. On the Sensi side, they've had a month to sort this out, do the necessary background work and due diligence and to have someone lined up as a back up at the very least. 

On our own players side, we've had since August/September to start looking at moves out for players Enzo doesn't want, in the end we've managed to shift no one of any significance, a couple of loans.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You could but it's not a strong argument, as you pointed out,and we have tested the water with our own in the Raikhy lad, so not much change really.

It’s factual that we’re weaker though, thus not “in the same position.” Raikhy has played about fifteen minutes for us in games that have been won. I’ll be astonished if he’s an upgrade. 

Edited by Langston
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viva said:

He probably knew what was needed to make the deal happen, yes. Every time he has been asked about Sensi he has stated we need to sell before we buy, so he certainly wasn’t in the dark about financial issues. 

He also stated he wasn’t made aware of the situation until the window had opened, do you think a senior director of a business should withhold that kind of information from the Manager, it directly impacts, I know if that happened to me in my industry, I would be fuming and yes if it left me in a position where my integrity had been damaged then my working relationship with that director would be pretty much

untenable. Why is it so difficult to grasp? 

• Like 1

From the outside looking in, there seems to be a lack of communication in the club, or maybe someone just can't add up.  Either way, it doesn't look good on our club, as we have previous on this.  I still think we need a reorganisation of those in their ivory towers, Top should only be loyal up to a point!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, Viva said:

You don’t know the conversations that have gone on behind closed doors with Rudkin and Enzo. He was probably well aware of the situation. 

Like he was at the start of the window.... 🤣

11 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I have listened to Enzo’s press conferences and also what has been reported, so do your think Rudkin and Enzo sat there laughing over a cup of coffee as to what a hoot it would be to fly Sensi over complete a medical and sign his paperwork to then not do the deal for shits and giggles, and Enzo along with it all, despite the personal embarrassment and risk to personal and professional relationships he may have. 

Just because I said one thing doesn't mean I think the opposite. I'm just saying the reality is we don't know what goes on behind closed doors 

Don't pretend you know

I just prefer to discuss things when I'm informed, not uninformed. 

I think there's a lot of problems at Leicester, from above the manager right up to Top himself - how can there not be? They presided over one of the worst ever PL relegations, in terms of under performance. 

But how on earth do we know how this Sensi deal broke down? If you know feel free to enlighten us and provide your sources. 

• Was it Rudkin's incompetence? And in what form did that take? Did he miss an email? Did he insult Inter Milan somehow?
  • Did Sensi have a last minute wobble and pull out of the deal?
  • Did he fail the medical? 
  • Did Inter Milan try and change the deal in their favour at the last minute?
  • Did the deal encounter last minute legal issues? Who missed that? Inter or Leicester? Rudkin himself or one of LCFC's legal team? 
  • Etc etc etc

Oh and feel free to provide the Enzo quotes from media appearances where he says 'We will sign players and I was told funds are available to do so' 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd never want Top to gamble with FFP but we do seem ridiculously constrained every transfer window. I don't really focus too much on the financial side of the club but why our we so hamstrung by FFP? I can't remember us being particularly reckless ......ever 

We have been paying wages above our capability and it has caught up with us.

I am also not convinced we actually right at the FFP limits, there is the possibility Top doesnt want or cant fund our sustained losses limit.