Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

2 minutes ago, doubledeckerderek said:

https://football-italia.net/italian-newspaper-blames-leicester-city-for-collapsed-sensi-transfer/

This is an interesting take on why the Sensi deal didn’t go through.  If, in addition to the probable incompetence, there was any dragging of our heels because Rudkin and others weren’t convinced with Maresca’s choice, we must enjoy him while we can because he’ll be off to bigger and better (particularly better-well-run) things in the Summer.

"Inter agreed to send Sensi out on a free transfer on the deadline day, but the deal would come with €2.5m in add-ons, depending on Leicester City’s Premier League promotion."

If we couldn't afford £2m and his wages, we're absolutely dammed.

Article goes on to say this:

"According to the report, FFP issues and work permit contributed to Sensi’s collapsed transfer, but ultimately not everyone at Leicester City was convinced about signing Sensi, contrary to their coach Maresca, who had pushed to reunite with his compatriot."

Assume big John and his footballing expertise didn't agree with the signing. 

2 minutes ago, doubledeckerderek said:

https://football-italia.net/italian-newspaper-blames-leicester-city-for-collapsed-sensi-transfer/

This is an interesting take on why the Sensi deal didn’t go through.  If, in addition to the probable incompetence, there was any dragging of our heels because Rudkin and others weren’t convinced with Maresca’s choice, we must enjoy him while we can because he’ll be off to bigger and better (particularly better-well-run) things in the Summer.

I do think we really need to stop all the bedwetting about Maresca leaving, though. 

The idea that a thoroughly professional and seemingly competent footballing man doesn't understand that this club, whilst having good potential, is in a bit of a bind financially at the moment is silly. 

It's also offensive to Maresca to suggest he's just going to down tools and run off at the slightest complication (although not as offensive as the Mercury baiting him in to making a comment about the fans and then implying he's gonna leave if Dave from Aylestone is a bit mean about passing football.)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For clarity, I don't think Rudkin is blameless. He's part of the system from above the manager, all the way to the top that presided over all the mistakes of the last 2 years or so. I'm just saying we just don't know, so it's hard to know, specifically, what to blame him for...

And who's to 'blame' for signings like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Fofana, Maddison etc? And the successful high value sales of Fofana, Maddison, Barnes, Maguire, Mahrez, Chilwell, Drinkwater etc? 

Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater were all signed before Rudkin became DoF.

Since he's been DoF though, we've signed Slimani, Ward, Soyuncu, Perez, Praet, Ndidi, Silva, Vestergard, Iheanacho, Mendy, Tielemans for big money and it seems pretty clear that on their departure they will have raised sod all when they left, as most of them have got away on Bosmans.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would be good if there was actual evidence rather than just circumstantial damnation, but I realise this is unlikely.

The fact that he was seen as a not very good academy director before he was suddenly promoted to DOF is pretty good evidence that he isn't qualified

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For clarity, I don't think Rudkin is blameless. He's part of the system from above the manager, all the way to the top that presided over all the mistakes of the last 2 years or so. I'm just saying we just don't know, so it's hard to know, specifically, what to blame him for...

And who's to 'blame' for signings like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Fofana, Maddison etc? And the successful high value sales of Fofana, Maddison, Barnes, Maguire, Mahrez, Chilwell, Drinkwater etc? 

Out of those signings- 

Mahrez- Signed by Terry Robinson before Rudkin

Vardy- Before Rudkin

Drinkwater- Before Rudkin

Fofana- Came from the managers previous club, paid 30m for a guy who hadn’t played in 30 games yet, turned out well but not a well negotiated fee for where he was at the time
Maddison- Credit where it’s due, great move

Sales-

Fofana, Chilwell, Maguire, Drinkwater- United and Chelsea which both have been reported to want to negotiate with Whelan not him in order to get a deal done by reliable journos

Maddison and Barnes- Relegated so barely a choice, still got similar to what Saints got for Ward Prowse for younger and better.

he has done some good and some bad. What we can’t deny, he is a DoF and since he has taken over we have massive issues in selling anyone at all, and with getting deals done it a quick way. It’s either his responsibility to get these things done, or his to fire and hire the staff responsible, either way, he clearly hasn’t been doing his job properly for a couple of years at least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Can't believe this line's actually been trotted out lol

Seems a fairly straightforward counterargument when the claim in question is 'I imagine Enzo feels this' and 'Rudkin said that' and 'Enzo said this' - when we don't know...

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I do think we really need to stop all the bedwetting about Maresca leaving, though. 

The idea that a thoroughly professional and seemingly competent footballing man doesn't understand that this club, whilst having good potential, is in a bit of a bind financially at the moment is silly. 

It's also offensive to Maresca to suggest he's just going to down tools and run off at the slightest complication (although not as offensive as the Mercury baiting him in to making a comment about the fans and then implying he's gonna leave if Dave from Aylestone is a bit mean about passing football.)

Completely agree on this. He's a relatively new manager, has been backed probably more so in transfers than any other manager in the division, and has comfortably the best squad. 

Plenty of other clubs have similar financial binds at the moment too, it's not like he'd be walking in to take over from Pep and be able to sign whoever he wanted.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

"We don't know" lets everybody off the hook and it'll happen again.

For clarity, I don't think "We don't know" is synonymous with letting people off the hook. It's simply, our discussion is just that - uninformed speculation, conjecture and imagined narratives. 

I think the club is, continues to be and has been a mess for the last 2-3 years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

That bit is easy most bar fofana and maguire and Chilwell and barnes who came through the academy were found and signed by Steve Walsh

Also people laughing at this but Drinkwater, mahrez and vardy were all signed before Jon rudkin was made director of football, Chilwell and barnes came through the academy so no Rudkin doesn't get credit for any of them

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Careful - you’re sailing very close to a sensible FT post here. 

this forum prefers to meltdown even though we are 10 points clear, flying with a deep squad and enjoying life with a new exciting manager 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Let's be honest, the hard yards for the acquisitions of Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Fofana, Maddison were done by our scouting network. Steve Walsh played a huge role. Crucially, out of that group, only Fofana and Maddison had serious interest from clubs of our status at the time - and were promising the roles we did. So when it came to negotiating the deals, it didn't exactly require genius-level brain power. For Mahrez, Vardy and Kante coming to us was a step up at the time. For Drinkwater, a very welcomed fresh start. 

Getting the money we did for Fofana, Maddison, Barnes, Maguire, Mahrez, Chilwell and Drinkwater was great, undeniably. But again, for nearly each of those you can name a player who we let leave for free, who we could've received money for...Tielemans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Ayoze, Benkovic, Slimani, Soumare (contract ends this June).

As we have failed to move any player surplus to requirements out in the past 8 months, it is also undeniable that we have an issue in negotiation deals. I appreciate that this window has been difficult with the well-documented PSR issues. But for us, the utter inability to get players out in time before their contracts end, or when we no longer need them, isn't a new thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For clarity, I don't think "We don't know" is synonymous with letting people off the hook. It's simply, our discussion is just that - uninformed speculation, conjecture and imagined narratives. 

I think the club is, continues to be and has been a mess for the last 2-3 years. 

The penny has just dropped. 

Your name....

LADS, LADS – IT"S RUDKIN! IT'S RUDKIN! lol

• Haha 1

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Also people laughing at this but Drinkwater, mahrez and vardy were all signed before Jon rudkin was made director of football, Chilwell and barnes came through the academy so no Rudkin doesn't get credit for any of them

No fan of Rudkin and I am sure there is plenty he holds blame for, but yesterday, which is what this is all about, I have no clue, it's all rumour and conjecture.

He signed Chilwell and Barnes to pro contracts at least lol

1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

Let's be honest, the hard yards for the acquisitions of Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Fofana, Maddison were done by our scouting network. Steve Walsh played a huge role. Crucially, out of that group, only Fofana and Maddison had serious interest from clubs of our status at the time - and were promising the roles we did. So when it came to negotiating the deals, it didn't exactly require genius-level brain power. For Mahrez, Vardy and Kante coming to us was a step up at the time. For Drinkwater, a very welcomed fresh start. 

Getting the money we did for Fofana, Maddison, Barnes, Maguire, Mahrez, Chilwell and Drinkwater was great, undeniably. But again, for nearly each of those you can name a player who we let leave for free, who we could've received money for...Tielemans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Ayoze, Benkovic, Slimani, Soumare (contract ends this June).

As we have failed to move any player surplus to requirements out in the past 8 months, it is also undeniable that we have an issue in negotiation deals. I appreciate that this window has been difficult with the well-documented PSR issues. But for us, the utter inability to get players out in time before their contracts end, or when we no longer need them, isn't a new thing.

The ones in bold also joined before Rudkin was DOF

26 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

He joined a club in the Championship and yet was still given a Summer transfer kitty of nearly £50m?

Pretty outrageous as far as Championship transfer budgets go? Yet now 'we've lost him' because of one bad transfer window?

Re. this Summer - I'm sure you're right and we'll struggle to shift certain players, but a lot will be leaving due to contracts expiring and we may even look to cash in on KDH. We'll have to wait and see but there should be money available for Enzo to do a bit of shaping and moulding...just as he was able to last Summer.

Our financial issues are now well known, we'll be low balled to high heaven in that period of the window opening and the end of June. If we need to sell KDH to comply then it will be a bloodbath.

Maresca has gone on record as not knowing our financial impasse this month. He's now experienced first hand the inability to sell the required player/s to get signing/s. This will be the start of the breakdown of the relationship between board and manager. It may sound sensationalist to you but we've seen it before. This won't be a long and prosperous era for club and manager. He'll hopefully get us up and I'd be surprised if he does another year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think I said mostly the same, but yes. losing Casadi was unfortunate and weakens us slightly, but believe we have enough to not suffer as a consequence. Anyway, it's Chelseas fault lol

You didn’t:

“We are in the same position that got us on course to win this league.”

So the board get pelters for having their pants down on previous signings / negotiations & then for all we know Inter may have been trying it on this time up to the final whistle & the board get pelters for not over extending themselves but try to stick to original agreement?

Who actually knows what happened or are we all making 5hit up & coming up with Rudkin??

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

So the board get pelters for having their pants down on previous signings / negotiations & then for all we know Inter may have been trying it on this time up to the final whistle & the board get pelters for not over extending themselves but try to stick to original agreement?

Who actually knows what happened or are we all making 5hit up & coming up with Rudkin??

We don't do that here.

It's blind, uninformed speculation and imagined narratives where we pretend we know what goes on between the ears of Rudkin, Maresca, Whelan and Top

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He also stated he wasn’t made aware of the situation until the window had opened, do you think a senior director of a business should withhold that kind of information from the Manager, it directly impacts, I know if that happened to me in my industry, I would be fuming and yes if it left me in a position where my integrity had been damaged then my working relationship with that director would be pretty much

untenable. Why is it so difficult to grasp? 

He has known for weeks about the financial situation, as he has openly stated. Going back to my previous points, you are purely guessing the conversations between Rudkin and Enzo. 

• Thanks 1