Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Aston Villa Match Thread (H)

This is all about individual player game management. As professionals they should have enough brain cells to not shoot themselves. 2 players today did not cover themselves in glory despite their effort and passion. It takes brains too and they lacked it in the vital moment.

Just now, browniefox said:

At least with Brendan you expected the loss so the mood wasn't so bad when it happened. 

I don't understand why Stowell and Sadler persisted with the tactics that got Brendan sacked? 

Stockholm syndrome????

• Like 1

Just now, browniefox said:

At least with Brendan you expected the loss so the mood wasn't so bad when it happened. 

I don't understand why Stowell and Sadler persisted with the tactics that got Brendan sacked? 

Some of there decisions making today was worse than rodgers absolute clueless need someone in quick but little to late the new guy should of bin in 2 or 3 months ago

• Like 1

I think is a lot of work to do, can see the defensive organisation has improved, and the more direct play been beneficial, but confidence is so low and the red card made us go all in defensive.

Need more games than Top has given us, Rodgers sacked about 20 games too late.

• Like 1

It wasn't going that badly until KDH had his brain fart. Whether Young made a meal of it or not it was suicidal on a yellow already. I think the point would have given us a lot of confidence, we were better organised and let's face it until KDH went off they had all the possession for not much end product. What they did do was be clinical when the chances came, and that's something that's costing us almost as dearly as the defensive foul ups.

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think is a lot of work to do, can see the defensive organisation has improved, and the more direct play been beneficial, but confidence is so low and the red card made us go all in defensive.

Need more games than Top has given us, Rodgers sacked about 20 games too late.

I don't think the most of the back four looked too bad, Castagne is off the boil at the moment which didn't help matters early on and he was at fault for their goal (still convinced it was a handball leading up to it though). I feel more confident with Iverson in goal than I ever did with Ward as well. Midfield is a shambles though, and that just invites pressure and we have no reliable goalscorer outside of Barnes and Maddison.

Really we should have bought Ricky on at about 60 minutes when we were getting at them and they were starting to panic, we left it late and well...

3 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

I don't think the most of the back four looked too bad, Castagne is off the boil at the moment which didn't help matters early on and he was at fault for their goal (still convinced it was a handball leading up to it though). I feel more confident with Iverson in goal than I ever did with Ward as well. Midfield is a shambles though, and that just invites pressure and we have no reliable goalscorer outside of Barnes and Maddison.

Really we should have bought Ricky on at about 60 minutes when we were getting at them and they were starting to panic, we left it late and well...

Agreed on Castagne.  He was struggling last game also until Ricardo came on to help him out.  Also agree on Ricardo should have been brought on earlier.

Edited by Chrysalis

Level of effort picked up a little but still confidence on the floor and stupid individual mistakes.

unless a new manager comes in asap to give them a lift we are down and looking at a rebuild.

the lack of quality is shocking.

Edited by JimmyC74

20 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Top, the board, BR and players are all to blame.

I'm kinda jealous of BR he has been able to jump ship.

Not sure if anyone is an Only fools and horses fan but this reminded me of the episode "The second time around" where del boy gets back with an old flame Pauline, and Grandad/Rodney thinks she's trying to poison him. Rodney and Grandad both leave in protest, del shouts back as they leave:
Del"Rodney!"
Rodney: "We are not coming back del"
Del: "No hang about I'm coming with ya!" 

And they all leave the flat to run away lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

Agree with all of that. We also miss the quality and poise of tielemans in the centre. Putting madders out wide doesn’t get the best out of him but we don’t have many options at the moment. Ndidi and Mendy seem to get in each others way at times and detract from having say tete on the pitch. You can understand why he wasn’t picked tonight but with Perez and albrighton gone we don’t have much choice. When Ricky came on Saturday it really helped castagne and the right side generally we just waited too long before the switch and kdh got the second yellow. The cards are not falling for us at the moment.