Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Aston Villa Match Thread (H)

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Iversen

Castagna Souttar Faes Kris

Mendy

Ndidi.              KDH

Maddison

Vardy.         Barnes

as I see it..!

surely ndidi and mendy the other way around? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Well that is an interesting selection??

2 DMs

No RW

Vardy is back 

Still no Soyuncu, not even on the bench

Stowell last 2 1st matches saw Gray brought, I was hoping we would see Castagne/Pereira Combo on the right on a change in system, no sure about this line up, but still a hell of a lot more optimistic than any recent match

Villa have got the more attacking line up?

We haven't had a RW since Mahrez left 5 years ago lol

Iversen

Castagna Souttar Faes Kris

Mendy      Ndidi.              

KDH

Maddison         Barnes

Vardy.        

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It means nothing my friend 

look at his stats before BR came in and he was dropped. Sure he is older now but you would only expect a 50 percent drop off not 99.

let’s judge his ability and desire now his old mate Stowell has made him Number one again. Post match

I looked at the stats, over the past 4 seasons, so including Vardy's golden boot season 

Vardy has a goal or assist every 121.1 minutes in the league
Iheanacho has a goal or assist every 113.5 minutes in the League

Over that same period Kane has a goal or assist every 107.5 minutes, so the gap between Kane and Ihenacho is smaller than the gap between Iheanacho and Vardy

Over the past 2 seasons it is 125.8 minutes for Iheanacho and 140 minutes for Vardy

Vardy now is nowhere close to the player he was 4 seasons ago and the gap in terms of productivity has been growing between the two since then

Regardless of how uneasy on the eye it is to watch him play, Iheanacho is an unbelievably productive striker and it blows my mind that he never gets a consistent long run in the side unless forced to through injuries 

2 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Is soyuncu actually out of favour still or is he injured? To not even be in the squad is a surprise.

Was in the 'lads have arrived' video, didn't look injured.

Lets be honest Stowell doesn't strike me as a 'you've already signed somewhere else but i'll still play you' type of guy does he...

Just now, AjcW said:

Was in the 'lads have arrived' video, didn't look injured.

Lets be honest Stowell doesn't strike me as a 'you've already signed somewhere else but i'll still play you' type of guy does he...

Have i missed something or has soyuncu actually signed for someone else?

Don't mind the selection. We have to stop shipping goals and a wilf/mendy midfield is worth a try. Maddison is alot harder for defenders to pick up when he plays from wide. Vardy is a sentimental pick but if it gets the crowd on side then I'm not against it. And I'd sooner him start and get taken off than bring him on late in the game when he seems to struggle to get involved at all

• Like 2