Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Aston Villa Match Thread (H)

I think we just have to hope the Mendy/Ndidi double pivot was only horrible because it was coached by Rodgers.

I think the line-up is understandable from the perspective of trying to resolve our biggest weakness - conceding about 2 goals a game, and if it does so, then we might have a better chance of getting results from games, but it has to be with a plan when going forward - we can't just hope Vardy or Maddison bails us out with a moment of magic. The line between putting defending first and having a dedicated plan for an out ball and a method of getting forward versus just trying to shore up the defence by sticking more men back and hoping is one that I really hope has been considered - because if it's the latter I can see us losing and being under siege if there's no thought behind how we're getting forward.

I'm cautiously hopeful, even if specific personnel haven't shone in certain areas under Rodgers, maybe a lack of Rodgers could help, but we'll see - I admit I'm more pessimistic about our chances than optimistic, but there's always hope with the unknown that definitely wasn't there for me under Rodgers in the past months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Seriously? We are in terrible form, not shipping goals if priority #1

Literally this

I think a point tonight would be great, still incredibly tight and a point could lift us out the drop zone

Personally think it's more important we don't lose against a good villa side 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Literally this

I think a point tonight would be great, still incredibly tight and a point could lift us out the drop zone

Personally think it's more important we don't lose against a good villa side 

A point leaves us in the bottom 3 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

I looked at the stats, over the past 4 seasons, so including Vardy's golden boot season 

Vardy has a goal or assist every 121.1 minutes in the league
Iheanacho has a goal or assist every 113.5 minutes in the League

Over that same period Kane has a goal or assist every 107.5 minutes, so the gap between Kane and Ihenacho is smaller than the gap between Iheanacho and Vardy

Over the past 2 seasons it is 125.8 minutes for Iheanacho and 140 minutes for Vardy

Vardy now is nowhere close to the player he was 4 seasons ago and the gap in terms of productivity has been growing between the two since then

Regardless of how uneasy on the eye it is to watch him play, Iheanacho is an unbelievably productive striker and it blows my mind that he never gets a consistent long run in the side unless forced to through injuries 

Interesting stats but all of Vardy's stats will be skewed by this season being garbage. Nacho is unbelievably productive but when not being productive he is normally the most responsible for attacks breaking down. It's a tough one to call. I think as long as we are not playing possession for the sake of possession he should be leading the attack, but if we play 10-15 passed trying to craft and it gets to Kel who then gives the ball away stupidly with our full backs and midfield committed forward it is incredibly frustrating. He's not the only one, Perez was a master at this. To get the best out of him we need a change of approach, get the ball to Nacho quickly and not fanny about with it then if he loses it we just win it back and go again.

Just now, oadby.fox said:

any streams for this one (no rivers thanks), my usual suspects are acting up

It's still only 15 mins before to be fair. Sometimes not great until 5 mins to kick off

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Don't mind the selection. We have to stop shipping goals and a wilf/mendy midfield is worth a try. Maddison is alot harder for defenders to pick up when he plays from wide. Vardy is a sentimental pick but if it gets the crowd on side then I'm not against it. And I'd sooner him start and get taken off than bring him on late in the game when he seems to struggle to get involved at all

We've tried Wilf/Mendy and it didn't work, I like the idea of Ndidi being third centre back freeing up the full backs.

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

works perfect for me, every other site never seems to work

Did you have to download a video extension supposedly from Microsoft.

I don't trust these add-ons. Could be anything.