Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

Harsh red but Villa were the better team throughout. Didn't like Maddison's body language tonight- an argument for keeping Rodgers was that they clearly got on and we need Maddison on form to get us out of this. I honestly can't see what the plan is from here- I can't think of a decent choice who'd be willing to come in for 9 games and risk their reputation. So they either appoint somebody long term who's willing to go down to the championship (so will be an uninspiring choice) or we stick with the caretakers. It's grim whatever choice we make

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

KDH isn't actually that good is he?

Nope. Glad he has to miss a game. Even if it was a harsh sending off. Two fouls and he’s off. Ashley Young getting away with murder as per. Don’t think we can complain at the lack of effort tonight. It was a lot more energetic than it had been. Still created little in the way of chances. 

• Like 3

Fate seems to want us to go down…

our only luck bottom 9 still in the shit….

A few months ago A.Villa were losing to us 1-4..Now they are easily safe..

Ndidi has had his chances, he couldn’t refind that old top form,he and Amartey have been our consistent cause for big mistakes  conceding goals & trash form,when it matters…Castagna really lost it…

2-3 Academy players need lifting up..

Nacho / Daka need to be our striker choices. 
Nacho should start on Saturday..

Vardy bench…

If Tielemans  is 95% fit we need him..

I thought we might still cock it up tonight…

Now 5/9 we need..

A win this W.E. Will help now to push others below us at the right time..

I. Still hope against all odds..

• Haha 1

I think everyone has the realisation that we are doomed now. We have rolled the final dice in getting rid of Rogers but has made **** all difference.

I will be kind of glad if we do go down and the bulk of these useless twats **** off from our club and the bumbling idiots running us can **** off too.

Top if you want to sell us then let's see how much you get when we are sitting in the bottom 6 of the Championship next season.

I fear we are in for a major period of under achievement that could take years to shake off such is the malaise that has ripped through the club at every level.

Absolutely furious with how far we have fallen in 2 seasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MancFox24 said:

Harsh red but Villa were the better team throughout. Didn't like Maddison's body language tonight- an argument for keeping Rodgers was that they clearly got on and we need Maddison on form to get us out of this. I honestly can't see what the plan is from here- I can't think of a decent choice who'd be willing to come in for 9 games and risk their reputation. So they either appoint somebody long term who's willing to go down to the championship (so will be an uninspiring choice) or we stick with the caretakers. It's grim whatever choice we make

Need someone that can organise a defence, Rafa will do - if we keep clean sheets we give ourselves a fighting chance 

The whole mentality on us seeing games out is extremely poor, How many times this season have we conceded goals in the last 5 minutes of games.

Our home form is awful and we still have 5 or so games to play at the KP, it’s your home form that keeps you in this league and I can’t see anything changing between now and the end of the season of a massive upturn in fortunes.

Its still the same players that are low on confidence and just ain’t sure what to do or how to handle the pressure in a relegation scrap, Bournemouth will be up for this Sat more than we will.

I really ain’t sure what manager is going to want to come here with only around 8 or so games left, so I feel we’re going  to be stuck with Stowell and Sadler…extremely bad management from board level if no one is lined up in time for Sat as these 2 are not good enough to lead us in these remaining games.

If it’s a short term manager is the way to go then, whoever is going to take over next season what ever league we are in, is going to have a job and a half on their hands with turnover of players out of contract/wanting to leave potentially getting the wage bill down….I think next season is going to be similar to this one…a huge struggle. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Btw the ref was totally right to send off KDH but he let numerous similar fouls go without punishment. He then completely lost the plot in the last six minutes including giving us a nonsense penalty, whistle he blew without knowing what it was for and then allowed their striker to push Faes into Iversen. 

No wonder he retired because he needs to again 

He seemed to want us to have the penalty, could see right away it wasnt one, but then watching the replay it took him a while to cancel it.

The same ref who refereed one of our games during covid and I think he was the first ref that season to have a penalty he gave (for us sadly) also overturned.

6 minutes ago, supernuk said:

It's more than likely too late but we need to hire someone before Bournemouth. I wasn't overly impressed with the performance but it was better than we have offered up in the last few weeks. 

The decision to keep Rodgers in charge for so long will cost us massively. 

Can't see a new Manager making any difference now!..

Far too late.

We're going down so just stick with Stowell and Co until the summer, then get someone in who knows The Championship.

• Like 1

Selection was stodgy. Praet had to come on for Mendy at 55/60 for me as we were getting hemmed in. 

We mixed up our passing length better than we have been. In previous weeks we don’t score the first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I know he has which makes his decisions even stranger. Likes he's said to them, you know what Brendan said last week, same applies this week. You're not good enough to beat these but let's see what we can do. 

I'm pretty sure he didn't, rather it's plain to see the consequences of the dismal leadership over the past months.

3 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Thats what happens when instead of giving proper time for a new face, you panic sack late on instead.

Just now, jonny_wright said:

Need someone that can organise a defence, Rafa will do - if we keep clean sheets we give ourselves a fighting chance 

Would he come in for 9 games? And if you've ever listened to Carragher talk about him then you'll know he's so detailed in his tactics that I just don't see him having enough time to turn it around

19 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I really don’t care any more. The team have shown time and time again they are toothless, clueless and inept. 

Championship will ruin us. 

Man..like you & many I feel shit & down..

but,so long as there is a but…any shithouse runs will do..

Unbelievably poor decision making for Adler and Stowell. 

Opportunity to go out and aggressively chase a win. Play an attacking team, lift the crowd, go out and have a go. Free hit. 

Instead they make all the mistakes that just got Rodgers sacked like the whole squad is just still believing in it. Madders on the wing, defensive midfielders everywhere, Castagne over Ricky, more chopping and changing the forwards. 

Barnes, Nacho and Tete absolutely murdered these at their own gaff. What are we playing at? 

So much for being able to wait til the summer. Definitely going to need a manager in ASAP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dunno why Ndidi singled out he had a good game, his mistake at the end the second after daka I think it was caused the chaos. That's how I seen it. Up until then, maybe the best player on the pitch. He isn't done. Daka is, his biggest contribution the first and clinical mistake for their second, I think.  Positives lots more energy and desire, negative same old same old mistakes at the back. Bournemouth now a must win, nothing else will do. They're dog shite and if we can't do it then, we never will. It ain't over yet though.

I don't agree with the negativity on here.

We showed more fight in that game than any other this season.

Any decent manager will:

• Not play Vardy (sorry GOAT, but you look unfit)
  • Substitute KDH and Castagne at 60 minutes latest
  • Never pick Ndidi / Mendy together (both at fault for the 2nd, Mendy maybe marginally more so than Ndidi)
  • Continue with the more direct style

I thought we looked unfit; the legacy of playing slow football with no press, and this made the pressing / attacking harder work than it should be (even before the sending off).

And that was never a second yellow in the context of the other challenges that were being ignored. The ref was poor.

I think we showed enough to stay up, but we showed that we do need a manager and the current interim team aren't adequate.

1 minute ago, squidsworth said:

Dunno why Ndidi singled out he had a good game, his mistake at the end the second after daka I think it was caused the chaos. That's how I seen it. Up until then, maybe the best player on the pitch. He isn't done. Daka is, his biggest contribution the first and clinical mistake for their second, I think.  Positives lots more energy and desire, negative same old same old mistakes at the back. Bournemouth now a must win, nothing else will do. They're dog shite and if we can't do it then, we never will. It ain't over yet though.

Thing is Bournemouth aren’t dogshite 

that’s the issue

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hales said:

They showed fight tonight which they haven't for a long time. They have had no time with the new management structure and training. Give them a chance.  They showed a desire to fight so lets get behind them. Its so tight, a win moves you several places up. Its not over. Lets get behind them and give them our support.

Agreed but need top to act if we want to stay up. That's what worries me. He won't and we'll be a second division club