Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

1 minute ago, squidsworth said:

It ain't over yet though.

Yes it is.  We have man City, Liverpool, Newcastle,and  Fulham left with West Ham in the final match. We are starting to get adrift and the inevitable will happen. We are done. Well and truly. Rotherham have a terrific stadium, cant wait.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Dunno why Ndidi singled out he had a good game, his mistake at the end the second after daka I think it was caused the chaos. That's how I seen it. Up until then, maybe the best player on the pitch. He isn't done. Daka is, his biggest contribution the first and clinical mistake for their second, I think.  Positives lots more energy and desire, negative same old same old mistakes at the back. Bournemouth now a must win, nothing else will do. They're dog shite and if we can't do it then, we never will. It ain't over yet though.

He'd be ok if he never needed to pass. His passing throughout this game, and all season has been truly atrocious.

Why on earth is Vardy starting if the tactics were to still play Rodgers ball? This just screams out for a manager with a different style of play. I do not care who it is. Just stop with this style of play please. Sick of seeing the same bullshit

13 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

Still we persist with one up front, Vardy is on the decline and needs another striker to support him. He can't do it on his own anymore. 

This is the main issue. Not one of our strikers excel on their own. Play two up front though and we lose Barnes? Personally I think it’s worth it. Start Iheanacho and Daka/Vardy alongside him. 

1 minute ago, sishades said:

Yes it is.  We have man City, Liverpool, Newcastle,and  Fulham left with West Ham in the final match. We are starting to get adrift and the inevitable will happen. We are done. Well and truly. Rotherham have a terrific stadium, cant wait.

Adrift? We’re a win off 14th

• Like 1

Just now, NasPb said:

Agreed but need top to act if we want to stay up. That's what worries me. He won't and we'll be a second division club 

Too little too late. We’re just not good enough, end of. For me, this game has signed sealed and delivered our fate. The worry is, we could sink further in the championship and could do untold damage to the club on and off the pitch. Big training ground with little revenue, players on very high wages etc…this club could end in financial ruin

• Like 1

I can see this team losing against Bournemouth on Saturday. No manager in place either. Who’d want this lot to manage anyway? We could be down by the time we play Newcastle. 

This club has been ruined, the majority of players are just taking a wage. An absolute shameful disgrace from top to bottom. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Seems like it, if we stay up it will be by skin of our teeth

...9 to go, Pearson had us in an even worse position!!!

I felt that the previous 18 months would still be ingrained in the players minds. We needed this run out to blow the cobwebs out.

Bournemouth will be a big challenge to get us up and running.

KDH sending off put a spoke in the plans of the caretaker team, we had to readjust and we battled well to keep them at bay. Once again the lack of service to Vardy was pivotal and he was not used enough tonight. With their keeper sweeping up at the back, the balls over the top should have been aim into the channels. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Are they all still brainwashed into thinking playing this way will keep us up? 

Honestly he's like a ****ing cult leader. Wake up and smell the kool-aid you ****ing idiots. 

Calm down dear it’s only a commercial 

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

This is the main issue. Not one of our strikers excel on their own. Play two up front though and we lose Barnes? Personally I think it’s worth it. Start Iheanacho and Daka/Vardy alongside him. 

Iheancho can, he drops deep and allows the wide men to push up and drift inside aswell. Instead we isolate daka or vardy and essentially play with 10 men. 

Maddison hasn’t looked interested since the World Cup.

Some strange decisions tonight though…

Vardy offered nothing all game and played 70 minutes?

Pereira was our best player against Palace and only played 45. Tonight he gets the last 5 minutes?

Ndidi, Mendy and KDH offered nothing defensively and they definitely don’t offer anything offensively.

Please, just start Iheanacho Saturday and give ourselves a chance.

I think everyone needs to come to terms that our team just isn’t that good. Other than Bournemouth and Southampton, I think I’d rather take every other team above us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hales said:

They showed fight tonight which they haven't for a long time. They have had no time with the new management structure and training. Give them a chance.  They showed a desire to fight so lets get behind them. Its so tight, a win moves you several places up. Its not over. Lets get behind them and give them our support.

This exactly this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Thought we looked alot better today, There are still issues for sure but we created alot more and we're unlucky to lose I thought both KDHs yellow cards were harsh and he didn't book any of their players at all even after young multiple 2 footed challenges. 

There were positives 

. Much more fight

. Barnes looks like a new man

. Faes some brilliant balls forward

. A lot less messing about at the back

I feel like if we play like that we beat Bournemouth but we 100 % have to beat them

It won’t be enough mate