Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

1 minute ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Maddison hasn’t looked interested since the World Cup.

Some strange decisions tonight though…

Vardy offered nothing all game and played 70 minutes?

Pereira was our best player against Palace and only played 45. Tonight he gets the last 5 minutes?

Ndidi, Mendy and KDH offered nothing defensively and they definitely don’t offer anything offensively.

Please, just start Iheanacho Saturday and give ourselves a chance.

I think everyone needs to come to terms that our team just isn’t that good. Other than Bournemouth and Southampton, I think I’d rather take every other team above us.

Vardy was there for leadership he was running the attacking line and the press

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...9 to go, Pearson had us in an even worse position!!!

I felt that the previous 18 months would still be ingrained in the players minds. We needed this run out to blow the cobwebs out.

Bournemouth will be a big challenge to get us up and running.

KDH sending off put a spoke in the plans of the caretaker team, we had to readjust and we battled well to keep them at bay. Once again the lack of service to Vardy was pivotal and he was not used enough tonight. With their keeper sweeping up at the back, the balls over the top should have been aim into the channels. 

Big difference between the Pearson great escape team and this bunch. They won the league by 10 points the next season. This lot would not win a Johnstones Paints trophy. 

We don't know whether to stick or twist. We may as well twist as we've barely hung on for a draw for two whole seasons now. I'd rather lose every game 6-3 until the end of the season than this. At least that would be a bit more excitement and 27 more goals to send us down with a bang!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Unbelievably poor decision making for Adler and Stowell. 

Opportunity to go out and aggressively chase a win. Play an attacking team, lift the crowd, go out and have a go. Free hit. 

Instead they make all the mistakes that just got Rodgers sacked like the whole squad is just still believing in it. Madders on the wing, defensive midfielders everywhere, Castagne over Ricky, more chopping and changing the forwards. 

Barnes, Nacho and Tete absolutely murdered these at their own gaff. What are we playing at? 

So much for being able to wait til the summer. Definitely going to need a manager in ASAP. 

You are right, no different to a BR game, but they are BRs mates or at least part of the problem.  They need clearing out tomorrow morning too. Clueless. Three midfields who can only pass backwards and a 36yo lone striker. 

Why would Mendy turn to our goal and then decide to clear it, nice rebound for Ndidi to clear? It doesn’t even seem panicked from them, like they think it’s the right choice and it will come off, 

Last two games Ndidi had cost us late, shame he didn’t bring the Palace player down when already on a yellow. 

I think we must have some of the thickest players in all leagues in Castange, Mendy, Ndidi & KDH. 

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Vardy was there for leadership he was running the attacking line and the press

I don’t want my striker in the team for leadership, I want a striker who’s going to contribute and score goals.

And let’s be honest, I’ll press was pretty non existence for at least 75 minutes.

• Like 1

Did anyone really think that just 2 days after Rodgers was sacked, having only played Saturday, that any new person in charge would have been able to have much effect tonight, especially against one the leagues form teams? Couple of days training Thursday and Friday and hopefully we can start to see some of the Rodger effect wearing off by Saturday. All is not lost, one win can see a team jump up a 5 or 6 places. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

It won’t be enough mate

Who knows if it will or not. We definately left it too late to sack Rodgers but tonight I saw fight and except for a dodgy sending off and a stupid mistake we could have eaisillly got a point or maybe even three from that game. 

We have had one trading session since Rodgers left and already lots of positives. 

Will it be enough only time will tell but because of the run in we've got it's not over yet

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Thought we looked alot better today, There are still issues for sure but we created alot more and we're unlucky to lose I thought both KDHs yellow cards were harsh and he didn't book any of their players at all even after young multiple 2 footed challenges. 

There were positives 

. Much more fight

. Barnes looks like a new man

. Faes some brilliant balls forward

. A lot less messing about at the back

I feel like if we play like that we beat Bournemouth but we 100 % have to beat them

We must have been watching different games. I thought that was one of the poorest performances this season, and that's saying something. We went from being clueless at playing it around at the back to hoofing it long to an isolated vardy. The pressing was terrible, Maddison completely out of the game, and they were still able to cut through us so easily despite having 2 defensive midfielders. I've been hopeful of survival before today but now I'm pretty resigned to relegation

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Why on earth is Vardy starting if the tactics were to still play Rodgers ball? This just screams out for a manager with a different style of play. I do not care who it is. Just stop with this style of play please. Sick of seeing the same bullshit

Did you watch the game? I'm at a loss why you think that was "Rodgersball" and you can't see the difference 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Did anyone really think that just 2 days after Rodgers was sacked, having only played Saturday, that any new person in charge would have been able to have much effect tonight, especially against one the leagues form teams? Couple of days training Thursday and Friday and hopefully we can start to see some of the Rodger effect wearing off by Saturday. All is not lost, one win can see a team jump up a 5 or 6 places. 

I give up. 
Wnning on Saturday isn’t going to be enough!

we pulled the trigger too late.

Had to win the last two.

We’re down.

Most of that game I thought it was an advert for over 55s walking football. 

We gave Villa all the time they wanted to walk to the half way line and move it around amongst themselves until they were able to pick a pass. 

That's what setting up your team to not lose does. Absolutely frightens the opposition to death at the thought of how positive and attacking you're going to be.

Well that was Rodgers theory anyway and appears it's been passed down. 

Well, Top I'm afraid this is all down to you. You should have got rid of the cancer that Rodgers became when it was apparent to us all where he was taking us. And you can now forget any stadium upgrade because you won't even fill the ground as it is in the Championship Deadpool. All of that hard work thrown away because you hadn't the bottle to get rid of when you should have.

Heaven knows what the future holds for the club, Is it back to years of being in the doldrums? I suspect so. You owe us all a very big apology.

39 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Based on what?  We concede 2 a game minimum, we need to score 3 or more to win a game these days and we don't have it in us.  We don't have a manager, don't have any direction, don't have any confidence, don't have the fans onside 

You didn’t go did you?

Atmosphere was a lot better than it has been in ages. Fans are no longer divided and we’re pulling together.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I really need it explaining to me why iheanacho didn't start. Or atleast come on at half time. 

Because they're relying on Vardy thinking he was going to do something he hasnt managed this season, he needs dropping, we all love JV but he isn't the saviour or the answer anymore