Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

On the one hand I'm pleased that the management tried to change the approach a little but on the other hand I'm disappointed in the choice of personnel to do the job and the ineffectiveness in seeking an alternative midway through the second half when we were crying out for a couple of early changes.

They might be caretaker managers but as professionals they ought to be able to spot what everyone else could clearly see.

After that display and the inaction of those in charge of it I cannot see a change of fortune.  Bournemouth is a must win game as are the other 3 games against the dross around us.

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Nope. Got hammered for saying it a few months back. 

Blows my mind the way he was talked about. He doesn't do anything to a decent level but run around. I genuinely hope he's gone in the summer regardless of what division we are in.

22 minutes ago, sishades said:

On sky sports the results pages never mention fans scoring goals.

Did I claim they did, I was replying to a stupid comment and here I am doing it again.

Go and kick a cat and stop acting the twat.

Edited by hackneyfox

56 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

the guys who thought rodgers was the only problem getting a rude awakening

team is full of lower-mid championship quality players - we'd prob struggle there as well tbh.

Rodgers was the main problem and it would be naive to expect everything would be sorted immediately.

A good performance and 3 points on Saturday always looked more likely than anything tonight against an inform Villa team.

Anything less than 3 points on Saturday,  we are down.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Did I claim they did, I was replying to a stipules comment and here I am doing it again.

Go and kick a cat and stop acting the twat.

That really is uncalled for. If you disagree then fine, resorting to insults helps noone and just shows you up in a bad light. Yes we are all pissed at losing but at least show some decorum.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Did anyone really think that just 2 days after Rodgers was sacked, having only played Saturday, that any new person in charge would have been able to have much effect tonight, especially against one the leagues form teams? Couple of days training Thursday and Friday and hopefully we can start to see some of the Rodger effect wearing off by Saturday. All is not lost, one win can see a team jump up a 5 or 6 places. 

One win being the main problem.

1 minute ago, sishades said:

That really is uncalled for. If you disagree then fine, resorting to insults helps noone and just shows you up in a bad light. Yes we are all pissed at losing but at least show some decorum.

Really? Why did you post such a stupid comment then? Looked like your were looking for a reaction. You’re intelligent enough to see why I posted about the atmosphere so why mention points?

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That's the least of our worries now......the second goal was a wonder strike.....not much he could do for either goals 

Yeah but there is about his kicking, when you’re averaging 40% pass accuracy and the team are struggling to hold possession.

the first goal was also a bit  suspect  

Edited by HankMarvin

I’m not gonna comment on the football tonight. And I didn’t want to start a new thread. 

And whilst I appreciate the gifts handed out by LCFC are exactly that I must say I was shocked and appalled by the way a member of staff was shouting at the staff handing out the millionaire shortbread at the kop end east stand corner. STOP NOW NO MORE I SAID FINISHED WE ARE DONE and making cut throat gestures to the staff. I totally understand there has to be a cut off point and luckily me and my boy grabbed the last gifts before the boxes were shoved away by this man (wearing a white lcfc training top and a yellow lanyard) and then he ranted at the start WHEN I SAY STOP I EXPECT YOU TO LISTEN AND STOP.

as I say I was lucky to grab a beer just before cut off and then grab some shortbread but my 7 year old boy asked as we walked away “daddy why was that man shouting so angrily” to which I couldn’t give a reasonable answer. It didn’t look good or professional and reiterates the feeling around the place that the whole club stinks and the people running the show are clueless. If anyone at lcfc behind the scenes reads this and wants to get in touch and advise me his behaviour is reasonable then I’m happy to discuss. Likely that this goes nowhere. I cba to complain officially as I’m really not that guy.

not looking forward to Saturday either

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Our form in the last 9 home games does not fill me with confidence

It was better tonight though? We had every chance until a very harsh sending off. Villa are streets ahead of Bournemouth. Play like we did for most of tonight, we'll be ok.

Edited by squidsworth
  • Like 1