Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

Sadler showed why we need a proper manager asap. Playing a double defensive pivot and admitting that the game plan was to play on the break wasn’t the best plan when we were at home and needed 3 points. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Ndidi and Mendy play well together - We should’ve had one CDM only. The management team also procrastinated over subbing KDH for far too long, finally as they get ready to hook him off, Young gets him sent off. Praet should’ve played, Iheanacho should’ve played. 

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9

KDH. The Iain Hume of midfield. Runs around and does nothing effective. 

Petulance and his mentality cost us 1, possibly even 3 points. 

Back to Sileby Town or was it Syston Town. 

That midfield three can never play again at this level.

The difference between McGinn, Luiz and Buendia and the three jokers we played was laughable.

Ndidi, Mendy and KDH couldn't make simple 10 yard passes again and again and again.

Neutrals look at us and think "individual errors" but how can they be errors when it's all they ever do?

Ndidi should be ashamed tonight. Two seasons ago there was talk of him at the biggest and best clubs in the world. Right now I wouldn't have him in the Championship.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The difference between McGinn, Luiz and Buendia and the three jokers we played was laughable.

Ndidi, Mendy and KDH couldn't make simple 10 yard passes again and again and again.

Neutrals look at us and think "individual errors" but how can they be errors when it's all they ever do?

Ndidi should be ashamed tonight. Two seasons ago there was talk of him at the biggest and best clubs in the world. Right now I wouldn't have him in the Championship.

Ndidis pass accuracy was 82%

KDH was 90%
Mendy 68%

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know how anyone can say there's no fight or effort after that. I was at the game and we were really working hard. Unfortunately it's not enough at the moment. We're under pressure and making mistakes and it's costing us. A point would of been a fair result I think. Hard not to feel completely deflated though. It's been painful to watch this season. The set up didn't help though. Maddison is one of the best central midfielders in the country and we're sticking him out on the right wing, where he's completely out of the game. I'll support the team for every last minute left of the season. We have to back them and just hope and pray we can get out of it.

• Like 2

After spurs away 6-2, 1 point from 7 games, on the back of a 5-2 loss at Brighton, then was the time to act. We could have got a quality manager and been nowhere near this mess we are in. Unfortunately we have downgraded our squad and team in the last year, and it's really showing. We.miss Kasper, Evans, Fofana, and in recent games massively missed Youri Tielemans. Our midfield tonight was shocking. We have no leaders. Maddison is not a captain, and despite being brilliant this season has started to disappear in the last few games. Tonight Barnes carried the whole attacking responsibility, and if he hadn't have had such a good game, we would have had no threat at all. Souttar, Faes, VK and KDH will fit right in in the championship and be decent, all lack quality at this level. Ndidi and Vardy have both fell off a cliff and look like they wouldn't get in Shepshed Dynamos team. We have a goalkeeper coach in charge currently for what could be the biggest games of our recent history, and I cannot see where the next win is coming from. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I’m not gonna comment on the football tonight. And I didn’t want to start a new thread. 

And whilst I appreciate the gifts handed out by LCFC are exactly that I must say I was shocked and appalled by the way a member of staff was shouting at the staff handing out the millionaire shortbread at the kop end east stand corner. STOP NOW NO MORE I SAID FINISHED WE ARE DONE and making cut throat gestures to the staff. I totally understand there has to be a cut off point and luckily me and my boy grabbed the last gifts before the boxes were shoved away by this man (wearing a white lcfc training top and a yellow lanyard) and then he ranted at the start WHEN I SAY STOP I EXPECT YOU TO LISTEN AND STOP.

as I say I was lucky to grab a beer just before cut off and then grab some shortbread but my 7 year old boy asked as we walked away “daddy why was that man shouting so angrily” to which I couldn’t give a reasonable answer. It didn’t look good or professional and reiterates the feeling around the place that the whole club stinks and the people running the show are clueless. If anyone at lcfc behind the scenes reads this and wants to get in touch and advise me his behaviour is reasonable then I’m happy to discuss. Likely that this goes nowhere. I cba to complain officially as I’m really not that guy.

I don’t suppose you got a name of the bloke did you?

Edited by Lestagirl

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Didnt deserve to lose that, think if KDH didnt get sent off especially at such a crucial time substitution wise then we could of won that. Absolutley ridiculous defending for their 2nd. Why boot the ball into their half when you can play it along your own 18 yard box? Absolutley brain dead. 

Countless times we've done it. I remember Brighton at home, Daka tried to dribble past someone near his own box and they scored. Palace again at the weekend aswell. Just clear the fvcking ball.

• Like 1

A bit more fight tonight but there's no cohesion in the midfield and there hasn't been any for weeks. Not sure who to put in there but the 3 in there tonight cannot play together for the rest of the season. Surely Praet is worth ago. Maybe Mendy, Praet and Maddison in the middle and work around that.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Countless times we've done it. I remember Brighton at home, Daka tried to dribble past someone near his own box and they scored. Palace again at the weekend aswell. Just clear the fvcking ball.

Absolutley ridiculous. The ball should of been booted into the channels with Daka using his pace to get onto it and driving us up the pitch. Its basics from experienced players that never fcking learn!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Stowell has been getting away with it for years, a fraud, like Rodgers.

Exactly, look at the state of our GKs and he's supposed to be their coach. None of them could hit a barn door from 5 yards and they look over weight. I thought everyone and his dog could see Vardy as a lone striker doesn't work anymore, but yet again our "coaches " persist with his for 75mins.

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

How many attempts? You're not seriously trying to stand up for them are you?

How many attempts?

I just wrote the passing accuracy.

You said Ndidi, Mendy and KDH couldn't make simple 10 yard passes again and again and again.

It wasn’t their accuracy it was the lack of the ball the team surrendered.

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So who plays instead?

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Exactly, look at the state of our GKs and he's supposed to be their coach. None of them could hit a barn door from 5 yards and they look over weight.

It's not Stowells fault we didn't replace Kasper. He can't make Ward a good keeper, he's not Harry potter. 

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Exactly, look at the state of our GKs and he's supposed to be their coach. None of them could hit a barn door from 5 yards and they look over weight.

Kasper wasn’t bad but that had nowt to do with Stowell

Just now, MancFox24 said:

So who plays instead?

Madders or Kelechi in a number 10 role, unfortunately with Youri injured we are hamstrung, but Ndidi hasn't had a good game in 2 years. Praet will come.in for KDH on Saturday and hopefully take his chance.