Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

Let’s be honest, it was almost as if BR was still here..

maddison wide right out of position..

no creativity in the middle of the park..

no press whatsoever (it was the high press that beat villa at their place)

no urgency when in possession

then the stand in guy says ‘ I like the way  we attacked the game..’ 🤷‍♂️

mings was able to have his foot on the ball and point to where he wanted luiz/mcginn to be before he passed it to either of them..

were doomed… I honestly think this lot would struggle in the championship . Not that many of em will be there

• Like 2

Bloody crap.

Piss poor team selection and another poor performance.

What the **** was going on with the subs. 70 minutes. Vardy should of been off at half time. Completely finished.

Complete balls up by the owner that has got us in the situation. No one of any note is going to come here now this season.

I actually got emotional tonight. First time this season. I had to leave after they scored and left with a bit of a lump in my throat.

It was gutting. Most games I’ve not really given a shit about, but it hit me tonight for some reason. 

It just felt like that was it, it felt like we weren’t getting any decisions, and the red card just ****ing killed us.

As a performance it was okay…. We were 5 yards higher up the pitch and played with a bit more intensity. But the quality and overall idea and identity wasn’t really there. They still look she’ll shocked when they concede, and confidence has all but gone. 

I’m still hopeful we can turn this around, but it just felt like a kick in the balls tonight. 

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9

Did anyone see the mass of stewards protecting the players cars? Treating us like revolting peasants.

These players just care about the wage, no fight, no grit. 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Bloody crap.

Piss poor team selection and another poor performance.

What the **** was going on with the subs. 70 minutes. Vardy should of been off at half time. Completely finished.

Complete balls up by the owner that has got us in the situation. No one of any note is going to come here now this season.

Well thanks for that insight. And your answer is?

3 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Honestly, just start Maddison in that midfield three from now. At least give us a chance of getting a foothold in the game, rather that than going out on a whimper.

He’s been playing in a 3 in midfield since the World Cup and we’ve  been absolute crap

Amazed Stowell set us up exactly the same as Rodgers. Worried we didn't show any more intensity than usual in the first half. Second half we showed some fight at least but the same braindead mistakes cost us again.

Bournemouth is massive. It's far from over, but we need a new approach ASAFP.

15 minutes ago, Jook said:

Oh come on lads, we were miles better than we have been. Way more up for it, more energetic, more direct. Stupidity from KDH and Ndidi cost us, otherwise we were well worth a point against a good side. 

We'll beat Bournemouth on Saturday. 

Well said..

Disappointed with the loss, but I've taken a deep breath and I'm now trying to look at tonight objectively.

We need to take in to consideration 1 day of training under the "new" managers, and we can't expect to erase the stinking "Essence of Rodgers" with a snap of your fingers. Its still Raw.

There was more endeavor and a desire to get forward and a reduction in tippy tappy passy passy - but still room for improvement on that front.

Team selection did concern me

Ndidi - way off it and doesn't start for me. And whilst I understand the double pivot  reasoning I think it caused problems with Mendy doing a similar job. Certainly at the expense of allowing Maddison space in the center where he is more affective. Let's not talk about the pass.

KDH - bit of a plonker, and rashness seems to be in his character. On a booking and should have worked out in the 1st half that Young is a BAFTA seeking,  diving, sneaky moaning cheat.

Both of these events turned the game for me and I'd like to hope we had done enough for a draw up until these points in the proceedings, and It was only after these that we started to truly unravel.

I get that S & S didn't want to change a whole lot to keep some team continuity hence Timmy getting a surprise start IMO,  as he was poor against  CP, and Vardy also starting, but they did try something different, with the double pivot, which is what some have been asking for.  Just a change from a  Rodgers setup.

Barnes with a bit of freedom looked a lot better and a good goal.

Let's give the lads  1/2  a week of training now to get to grips with hopefully some new ideas. 

However.

Kels needs to start, and in a 2 would be a bonus.

Mendy only no Ndidi at all.

Ricky P at RB

Tete needs a run but he and Barnes need the freedom to maraude forward.

Forest have Villa next at the start of a tough run of matches and if we get a win against Bournemouth, who let's face it are no Villa who only beat us due to two brainfarts and a worldy out of the blue finish,  we than jump out of the bottom 3..

Let's hope S & S are not as stubborn as Rodgers was by persisting with the same week after week and are willing to admit it didn't work and try something different.

• Like 3

Where do I bloody start playing villa at home.  No fight, no passion, no desire, no commitment.  1st half we stood off them and let them advance up the pitch at times bloody myngs was in our final 3rd and he is their centreback.  1st time we go direct n long Barnes scores.

Why was Maddison playing .more or less right wingback?  Vardy finished at this level should have been hooked at half time.

Sending off kdh how thick are you.  That said, Daka for Vardy should have happened sooner.

Ndidi should have come off sooner Ricardo could have played there.  We are too stale n negative sideways n backwards crap again.

As for Dumb n dumber on the touchline they ain't got a clue.  We tried to play a low block says Sadler, dumb on the radio.  Hang on a minute we are at home need 3pts why not play 2 up top n go for it.  

Thought the negative way we play would stop when Rogers got the boot.  Until Dumb n dumber bugger off too I am done this season.

Message to Maddison show some bloody fight give players bollockings you are captain show some passion man.

As  for Rudkin n Co you are responsible for this shitshow we have now become.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

I don’t suppose you got a name of the bloke did you?

No. When I turned round to check on my boy he was nowhere to be seen, the staff member not my boy! If I had clocked a name badge I probably would make this official. These things are free and they had tonnes available. If people want to queue and risk getting in the ground late then so be it. Also I don’t understand why you don’t just have someone offer it as you go through the turnstiles…. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Having seen the replays, how on earth has their first goal stood with that handball?

Yep was this even checked? I didn't watch it on TV.

Looked a blatant handball but VAR seemed to check the offside instead....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Madders or Kelechi in a number 10 role, unfortunately with Youri injured we are hamstrung, but Ndidi hasn't had a good game in 2 years. Praet will come.in for KDH on Saturday and hopefully take his chance.

That's the issue, with Youri out I don't see any options. Hope you're right about Praet but he hasn't had a good game in 2 years either so I don't see it. Not against playing Maddison at 10 and bringing Ricky in on the right  

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I actually got emotional tonight. First time this season. I had to leave after they scored and left with a bit of a lump in my throat.

It was gutting. Most games I’ve not really given a shit about, but it hit me tonight for some reason. 

It just felt like that was it, it felt like we weren’t getting any decisions, and the red card just ****ing killed us.

As a performance it was okay…. We were 5 yards higher up the pitch and played with a bit more intensity. But the quality and overall idea and identity wasn’t really there. They still look she’ll shocked when they concede, and confidence has all but gone. 

I’m still hopeful we can turn this around, but it just felt like a kick in the balls tonight. 

Yep I’m with you and feel the same. Gutted to the core. Somehow we have to change this narrative, find some positivity and make things happen. Get decisions right based on lessons learnt. Don’t play Maddison wide right or Mendy and ndidi together at the base of midfield. Starting with Saturdays game. The season will soon be over but we can still write our own storyline. 

42 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Did you watch the game? I'm at a loss why you think that was "Rodgersball" and you can't see the difference 

I was at the game

So we didn't see our defence play it round the back? We didn't see Vardy isolated with nothing to work with? We didn't see Barnes hugging the touchline? All of these are Rodgers instructions. 

Look what happened when we played it in front of Barnes to run onto. A bit more of that and we might actually get somewhere. 

• Like 2

We’re not getting the run of the green but we’re also shooting ourselves in one foot reloading and going for the other one. 

It honestly felt like we were using the Brendan Rodgers play book at times tonight.

Maddison should never be out wide. Ndidi and KDH should never have started together. KDH was anonymous to me until the guy next to me mentioned him late in the first half. Wilf was just ineffective, not on his game defensively and offers little going forward. 

Long balls to Vardy who even if he wins the header he’s up there alone. He needed Kelechi up there with him.

We offer so little going forward and are so fragile defensively it’s a toxic combination. 

The sending off changed it, I wouldn’t say we were the better side but it was even. KDH should probably have been subbed earlier but there you go. Villa weren’t actually doing that much but then when we keep gifting teams chances they don’t have to. 

I’m going to give them a miss on Saturday and go to watch Coalville. Watching them rinse and repeat every game is draining. 

A loss, gutted, but was a performance we could all get behind, undone by a brainfart with the type of play that has caused where we find ourselves all season.

Little danger in general up until said brainfart, clearing our lines, no nonsense overplaying, nice long goal kicks, a goal we'd have never scored under previously!

On the odd occasion I had to think to myself come on lads you're not playing from Brendan anymore but nah it was far more enjoyable tonight, far more spirited.

Gutted - but having felt no emotion for it all for 18 months to 2 years, that's quite a nice feeling to have back, in a weird way, obviously I don't want to be gutted.

Ooh also, people might know, I hate blaming refs, i'd rather look at our own shortcomings than simply blame the ref, so it has to be a bad one if i'm complaining about him, he was awful, we were getting nothing with those officials.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just got home. Still feel sick. It’s going to be the same slow drip drip of torture just like those two seasons when we failed to finish fourth, a last game loss to West Ham finally extinguishing the hope and sending us down.

That is what this bloody team does. Makes you fear the worst. Then delivers it.

Guest Col city fan

It just feels that type of season where our luck is out. What could go wrong, is going wrong.

Conceding late, daft goals. Missing sitters eg Souttar today.

Injuries to key players. Eg Justin and Tielemans.

It just feels like our name is on relegation.

16 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Well said..

Disappointed with the loss, but I've taken a deep breath and I'm now trying to look at tonight objectively.

We need to take in to consideration 1 day of training under the "new" managers, and we can't expect to erase the stinking "Essence of Rodgers" with a snap of your fingers. Its still Raw.

There was more endeavor and a desire to get forward and a reduction in tippy tappy passy passy - but still room for improvement on that front.

Team selection did concern me

Ndidi - way off it and doesn't start for me. And whilst I understand the double pivot  reasoning I think it caused problems with Mendy doing a similar job. Certainly at the expense of allowing Maddison space in the center where he is more affective. Let's not talk about the pass.

KDH - bit of a plonker, and rashness seems to be in his character. On a booking and should have worked out in the 1st half that Young is a BAFTA seeking,  diving, sneaky moaning cheat.

Both of these events turned the game for me and I'd like to hope we had done enough for a draw up until these points in the proceedings, and It was only after these that we started to truly unravel.

I get that S & S didn't want to change a whole lot to keep some team continuity hence Timmy getting a surprise start IMO,  as he was poor against  CP, and Vardy also starting, but they did try something different, with the double pivot, which is what some have been asking for.  Just a change from a  Rodgers setup.

Barnes with a bit of freedom looked a lot better and a good goal.

Let's give the lads  1/2  a week of training now to get to grips with hopefully some new ideas. 

However.

Kels needs to start, and in a 2 would be a bonus.

Mendy only no Ndidi at all.

Ricky P at RB

Tete needs a run but he and Barnes need the freedom to maraude forward.

Forest have Villa next at the start of a tough run of matches and if we get a win against Bournemouth, who let's face it are no Villa who only beat us due to two brainfarts and a worldy out of the blue finish,  we than jump out of the bottom 3..

Let's hope S & S are not as stubborn as Rodgers was by persisting with the same week after week and are willing to admit it didn't work and try something different.

And on top of all above the ref was a ****ing disgrace.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

How many attempts?

I just wrote the passing accuracy.

You said Ndidi, Mendy and KDH couldn't make simple 10 yard passes again and again and again.

It wasn’t their accuracy it was the lack of the ball the team surrendered.

Ndidi’s lack of passing accuracy in that final minute, when he shovelled the ball across his own box cost us the game. 90% passing accuracy means nothing when you do that. 

• Like 1