Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

Guest Mee-9

Came home in a bad mood, upset the missus as she’d left the windows open upstairs and the light on. Moths everywhere.

I’m blaming Dewsbury-Hall for the fact i’m sleeping in the spare room tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

And on top of all above the ref was a ****ing disgrace.

Yes, clear handball in the build up to their first goal. How VAR have not looked at that, but looked for offside first beggars belief.

KDH was brain dead to make that second tackle, but how we were the only team to receive a yellow card is beyond a joke.

Luiz made 3 identical fouls in the first 20 minutes and nothing. Young pulling back Barnes constantly. Incompetence of the highest order.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I'm afraid the red card killed it. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Everybody's losing their head saying the line-up was wrong, the players were poor and there was no effort. None of those things are true really.

Villa's second was obviously a result of of Ndidi's error (who had a very good game up until that point), but the root cause was the fact we got pinned back into our area after the sending-off rendered us outnumbered, and lacking one of the pressing players in front of the defensive line.

Despite the predictable hyperbole, these things are often on a knife edge. Had Souttar's header been a couple of inches to the left and we'd taken an early lead...well that would have been a different game altogether.

And as for all this juvenile shite of talking as if we're already relegated: grow up. There's nine games to go and we're only two points off safety as it stands. Clearly we need to start getting results but there's quarter of a season left. I'd rather finish strong than have a run now and drop off again. 

Let's just hope we can get a new gaffer sorted quickly.

Agreed

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

His ‘press’ is powder puff these days. Just bounces off people. He’s done

...the press tonight was non existant!!!

We sat deep to set traps, it is that final ball which trips us up, wrong decision,  bad weight of pass or poor control.

I was expecting a full press with a high tempo, we could have fed off Vardy and the crowd would have been raucous tonight. We had a different idea, but eventually we will have to force the play and teams will have to deal with us. Everytime we go full on we look in control and are a different  team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

🎶Don’t worry, about a thing

The Championship, gonna be all right🎶

Top paid players when we came up were on £20k a week. There is a massive difference going down and I'd take the team that came up over the current one any day.

Why do we fall for Villa's gamesmanship every time we play them? They've made more fouls than us tonight and got no yellows. Instead, they con the ref, win a red card and it gets them the result. It's because they are a team of cheats, constantly hurling themselves to the floor, comitting dirty fouls and haranging the ref at every opportunity. Just look at Young for the Barnes goal, trying to pull him back all the way, no yellow for him though. KDH goes into 2 tackles on Young, straight onto the floor both times, plus with a massive yelping scream the second time. Their whole team is bad for it, especially McGinn. Grealish might have left, but you'd be hard pressed to tell sometimes. I wish next time we played them, we actually learnt a lesson for once, and give them a dose of their own tactics. Get the ball to Maddison, draw a cheap foul, then give it the 6 rolls, a scream and surround the ref. See how they enjoy it when it's done against them.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Everybody's losing their head saying the line-up was wrong, the players were poor and there was no effort. None of those things are true really.

Villa's second was obviously a result of of Ndidi's error (who had a very good game up until that point), but the root cause was the fact we got pinned back into our area after the sending-off rendered us outnumbered, and lacking one of the pressing players in front of the defensive line.

Despite the predictable hyperbole, these things are often on a knife edge. Had Souttar's header been a couple of inches to the left and we'd taken an early lead...well that would have been a different game altogether.

And as for all this juvenile shite of talking as if we're already relegated: grow up. There's nine games to go and we're only two points off safety as it stands. Clearly we need to start getting results but there's quarter of a season left. I'd rather finish strong than have a run now and drop off again. 

We sat off them.

didn’t press at all.

maddison didnt look interested in the slightest.

Team was totally unbalanced from the first whistle.

we lost..

all the above is true 

• Like 1

Better performance, but these late goals do just make it harder to pick yourselves up for the next game. 

All I would say is that the congestion is helping us at the moment and there'll be fans of other clubs thinking they look done too. A win, however scruffy it is, would change the outlook massively.

I do think we need a manager in ASAP after that though. Those little in game adjustments could have really helped us second half and we didn't get them.

F@@k. That hurts. Really hurts. When Traore scored the old geezer in front of me welled up and my boy was so dejected. There was a real sense that this was finally it. If we do go down, it could be a long time before we get back. 

I said there was no way we were going to unpick Rodgers in 2 days. I was right. But I have to say that was better than so many of our games this season.  The noise in the KP was brilliant and in the 2nd half leading up to KDHs red, we were so much more positive than we have been lately. I thought Barnes was excellent. Brain farts cost us. Emery has Villa in decent shape. They are a good team, which hurts. They pulled the trigger when it mattered, whilst we were asleep. 

There is something to work with here if we can fast track the removal of Rogers style, but we are going to need some serious luck. I thought we were losing that game today regardless , but I feel whilst flawed the performance was better.  

No win against Bournemouth and it’s over. Going to be a nervy Saturday. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Ndidi’s lack of passing accuracy in [that final minute, when he shovelled the ball across his own box] football matches costs us the games. 90% passing accuracy means nothing when you do that

Fixed it for you

Edited by Nod.E

12 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Agree with everything here. I think some people just didn't watch the game but still choose to comment. The players at least showed some fight today. Yes Vardy was ineffective but still showed fight and ran his socks off, chased every ball! As did the rest of the team. Today I'm not blaming our team or the selection or the caretaker managers. Today the ref was awful, truly cost us the game. Soft yellow cards, hand ball for their goal, there was a point towards the end where first he gave nothing, the a free kick to them and then changed his mind again and gave a free kick to us. Really bad officiating and truly a case of 'ya don't know what ya doing!' 

We play with that kinda heart and want and we will be fine. For me Vardy needs to be replaced with Nacho. KDH out of the team may actually prove useful as good as he is, he can lose the ball way too often. Perhaps it will force a change of formation and have 2 up top. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

On the one hand I'm pleased that the management tried to change the approach a little but on the other hand I'm disappointed in the choice of personnel to do the job and the ineffectiveness in seeking an alternative midway through the second half when we were crying out for a couple of early changes.

They might be caretaker managers but as professionals they ought to be able to spot what everyone else could clearly see.

After that display and the inaction of those in charge of it I cannot see a change of fortune.  Bournemouth is a must win game as are the other 3 games against the dross around us.

..it seem that Sadler was the one taking the lead and Stowell was his assistant!!!

Sadler was originally a stats man apparently and has progressed to having a major input in the way we seek to play. I wonder if Stowell was totally convinced with our set up and style of play.

We seem to copy each other regarding how the game is to be played, no wonder it felt as if Rodgers had an influence in this performance. Emery went with a 4-4-2  which is frowned upon now a days but we were playing and storming the league with a midfield 2 ourselves. 

Next game we worry about what we can do, not how to negate the opposition. High tempo, on the front foot with a highline. We will defend from the front.

22 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

F@@k. That hurts. Really hurts. When Traore scored the old geezer in front of me welled up and my boy was so dejected. There was a real sense that this was finally it. If we do go down, it could be a long time before we get back. 

I said there was no way we were going to unpick Rodgers in 2 days. I was right. But I have to say that was better than so many of our games this season.  The noise in the KP was brilliant and in the 2nd half leading up to KDHs red, we were so much more positive than we have been lately. I thought Barnes was excellent. Brian farts cost us. Emery has Villa in decent shape. They are a good team, which hurts. They pulled the trigger when it mattered, whilst we were asleep. 

There is something to work with here if we can fast track the removal of Rogers style, but we are going to need some serious luck. I thought we were losing that game today regardless , but I feel whilst flawed the performance was better.  

No win against Bournemouth and it’s over. Going to be a nervy Saturday. 

New signing? 

The starting team was too negative for a must-win home game and we don’t have enough quality in midfield with Maddison playing wide.  Thought we pressed well at times, but letting their defence stand on the ball at half way was an odd tactic.   We need to score goals so must play 2 up front.    

Things feel fukked right now but we can still survive. Must beat Bournemouth.

Edited by HibiscusMark