Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think they set up for a point exactly, I think they tried to sort out issues at one of the pitch but also ended up getting it wrong at the other

Our big issue defensively has been how easy it is for teams to play either in behind us because of a high line or through us

So they set us up to be deep and compact, less space in between the lines for Villa and less space in behind for their striker to get into - then counter with a long ball into the channels like for the Barnes early chance and then the goal

Unfortunately one of the few times we do step up to a higher line they punish us, but it also didn’t help trying to play counter attacking football with Vardy who can’t really run and compete anymore

I think if we had started Nacho or Daka in place of Vardy we could have been more effective going forward

I do think it was working okay overall up until the red card as well and it looked like Ricardo was coming on and we probably would’ve seen Daka soon after which would’ve made us better going forward

But anyway then it typical Leicester fashion when it looks like we might have a chance any hard work put in gets completely unraveled by costly stupid individual errors

Once we got that red card it just ruined what we wanted to do and Sadler / Stowell probably just didn’t know what to do other than sit back and defend for the point

Agree with this. Basically how I saw all of it. It was a very bad fixture to have - think that was one of our hardest remaining games.

I do wish we had a little more going forward. I'd be interested to see what Tete did in a counter attacking set up - he'll actually have the space to attack.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

It's all just so depressing. There were slight improvements but it's the same outcome again.

Yes, but we can't expect a major change 2 days after firing him. I genuinely think we will see major improvements from here... 

• Like 4

Hi not read all of the thread , I was at the game tonight, & I've just seen the highlights, for their first goal it looks like a blatant handball in the build up to the goal right in front of one of the most biased referees I've seen down at the KP , wouldn't VAR pick that up on checking the goal?? Or am i wishful thinking 🤷‍♂️

That match was so BR.

1. Sideways pass, containing play.

2. Keep compact.

3. Score the breakaway goal.

4.Misplace pass near the edge of the box. Ideally to an opposition player.

5. Late goals

6. Players out of position

7. When opposition press us, we lose the ball

8. When we press, we never get the ball.

9. Too soft, and not streetwise 

10. Shoot about 20 x less than the opposition 

11. They score direct. 3 pass goals

To be fair to the coaches, they can't have much prep time. That being said. That line up was just wrong. 

Edited by adamkhalifa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFC72 said:

ndidi garbage 

....he saw the opportunity for us to break on Villa  who had pushed a lot of players up in attack!!!

His attempt to set Barnes away was a good idea, he just could not make the pass.

Just looking at Ndidi's passing action, it needs to change, we have all seen his inability to complete accurate passes and his whole action when making short passes needs to be discarded and rebuild. He rotates his lower joints too much which means the ball will inevitably hit either his heel or go in a direction where he is not aiming due to the degree that he rotates foot. Pretty surprised with the problems that he causes with misplaced passes that this matter has not been addressed. Sometimes it is not just down to the coaches, the player needs to be self aware and address things themselves.

Now he may accept he has a problem in executing passes, but it is something that can be changed, it is criminal to say that is how it is, he needs to address it.

Go into training everyday and spend an hour after sessions working on a new way to address the ball, golfers change their swings (and that is a big thing to do) snooker players change their cueing action( it is what their game is based on). Ndidi needs to break down what he does and change the way he makes contact with the ball.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jook said:

Oh come on lads, we were miles better than we have been. Way more up for it, more energetic, more direct. Stupidity from KDH and Ndidi cost us, otherwise we were well worth a point against a good side. 

We'll beat Bournemouth on Saturday. 

I agree  ..I thought the back 5 played well, NDidi and Mendy were good - until their mistake - we won a lot of 50-50 ball and looked like the team most likely to win until the sending off. I didn’t think KDH was brainless but a bit unlucky - both yellow cards were softer than other tackles by other players on both sides which went unpunished.

I’m not saying we were brilliant  but there were signs that a  simpler and more instinctive approach might improve us a lot. Play like that v Bournemouth and we win …

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, carterfox90 said:

Hi not read all of the thread , I was at the game tonight, & I've just seen the highlights, for their first goal it looks like a blatant handball in the build up to the goal right in front of one of the most biased referees I've seen down at the KP , wouldn't VAR pick that up on checking the goal?? Or am i wishful thinking 🤷‍♂️

Don't be silly 

doesn't suit the agenda 

if we were a greedy 6/7 team then maybe 

6 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Why do we fall for Villa's gamesmanship every time we play them? They've made more fouls than us tonight and got no yellows. Instead, they con the ref, win a red card and it gets them the result. It's because they are a team of cheats, constantly hurling themselves to the floor, comitting dirty fouls and haranging the ref at every opportunity. Just look at Young for the Barnes goal, trying to pull him back all the way, no yellow for him though. KDH goes into 2 tackles on Young, straight onto the floor both times, plus with a massive yelping scream the second time. Their whole team is bad for it, especially McGinn. Grealish might have left, but you'd be hard pressed to tell sometimes. I wish next time we played them, we actually learnt a lesson for once, and give them a dose of their own tactics. Get the ball to Maddison, draw a cheap foul, then give it the 6 rolls, a scream and surround the ref. See how they enjoy it when it's done against them.

Because we're soft as shite and have been for years. We're the softest team in the league. We put absolutely zero pressure on refs and let them take the piss out of us game in, game out. These are marginal gains that go against us.

• Like 2

In our position , footballing ability won't be enough. Rodgers has left us in a very damaged state and its now about character. We must not drop any possible points. Last night we should have got one and given Villa's form that would have been a good result. Whatever though , its one game at a time and the disappointment must not effect the next game. We should be favourites in this one and three points will be a massive boost.

7 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I’m not gonna comment on the football tonight. And I didn’t want to start a new thread. 

And whilst I appreciate the gifts handed out by LCFC are exactly that I must say I was shocked and appalled by the way a member of staff was shouting at the staff handing out the millionaire shortbread at the kop end east stand corner. STOP NOW NO MORE I SAID FINISHED WE ARE DONE and making cut throat gestures to the staff. I totally understand there has to be a cut off point and luckily me and my boy grabbed the last gifts before the boxes were shoved away by this man (wearing a white lcfc training top and a yellow lanyard) and then he ranted at the start WHEN I SAY STOP I EXPECT YOU TO LISTEN AND STOP.

as I say I was lucky to grab a beer just before cut off and then grab some shortbread but my 7 year old boy asked as we walked away “daddy why was that man shouting so angrily” to which I couldn’t give a reasonable answer. It didn’t look good or professional and reiterates the feeling around the place that the whole club stinks and the people running the show are clueless. If anyone at lcfc behind the scenes reads this and wants to get in touch and advise me his behaviour is reasonable then I’m happy to discuss. Likely that this goes nowhere. I cba to complain officially as I’m really not that guy.

not looking forward to Saturday either

Shame it ruined yours and your sons evening, you are correct no need to shout or be angry especially in front of fans of all ages, even if you did complain nothing would be done, as many people have stated we are rudderless at the moment.

• Like 1

The red card killed us, as soon as we went down to 10 the writing was on the wall, I thought whilst not creating lots of chances we looked more solid and compact out of possession, we didn’t really press Villa which was a surprise given the success we had at Villa Park earlier in the season. 

Until his mistake, ironically I thought Wilf had looked better, his game was more simplistic and he looked more of his destroyer old self, but then one massive lapse in concentration and he gifts them the winner. 

Barnes was head and shoulders our best player  and his goal was top drawer. 

As for Sadler and Stowell was always going to be tough given the turnaround from Saturday, they literally had one training session to work on shape and structure so was always going to be difficult to change too much in such a short space of time. Subs were perhaps a little bit too late and ideally some changes a bit earlier might have given us some fresh impetus and avoided the red card. 

Gutted by the result and manner of the defeat, yes it’s a hammer blow but it isn’t the end and whilst it places more pressure on Saturday, I am confident we will see a marked improvement on recent performances and results. 

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Next game if Mendy starts and Iheanacho starts we should win. 

Mendy was playing tonight (allegedly)

None of our 3 strikers fill me with any confidence at all. Barnes was our only threat all night, this has to change.

7 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

Does anyone know when tielemans is back :cry::cry:

has anyone had word of him?

not with this side losing at this time

oh dear what comfort can we find?

none this time or any time.

But hold your head up all the more

for he was a player who could  score

as gave to this team winning

and this side. ☹️