Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

Holy shit. How much more can you take?

We not only losing all the time, but we manage to do it in the most agonizing ways.

Feels like we are paying the price for the title win and FA Cup triumphs, but whoa the decline went fast and holy crap it hurts. Unreal. I feel as hopeless as in 2008.

Heads up everyone. We got some serious memories. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mendy was playing tonight (allegedly)

None of our 3 strikers fill me with any confidence at all. Barnes was our only threat all night, this has to change.

Thought Mendy has a decent game to be fair. 

10 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

What did we learn?

Vardy is past it

Souter can't play a high line

Maddison is wasted as a winger

Ndidi and Mendy don't work in midfield

KDH over rated as a local boy.

None of this news...

Iverson and Barnes did well.

Iverson was shocking for the first goal and can kick it as far as a 10 yr old, mind its usually straight into touch anyway. Woeful keeper, who is only just an upgrade on Ward. 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Thought Mendy has a decent game to be fair. 

The problem with Mendy and his ‘decent games’ are that he’s very very very basic. 
He gets his foot in but doesn’t get the ball forward. 
I thought our midfield were ok last night but were bypassed a lot of the game.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

The problem with Mendy and his ‘decent games’ are that he’s very very very basic. 
He gets his foot in but doesn’t get the ball forward. 
I thought our midfield were ok last night but were bypassed a lot of the game.

I disagree with this, of the midfielders that were playing yesterday he's the only one that drove and passed the ball forward. KDH as usual kept losing the ball and Ndidi we all know can only pass backwards. 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, hejammy said:

I disagree with this, of the midfielders that were playing yesterday he's the only one that drove and passed the ball forward. KDH as usual kept losing the ball and Ndidi we all know can only pass backwards. 

You can disagree all you want mate. The table I can see has us second from bottom and losing game after game.

Mendy is a bang average central midfielder and always has been for the club. Which is why he was sidelined for lengthy periods of time.

He’s ok but very basic. 

6 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Iverson was shocking for the first goal and can kick it as far as a 10 yr old, mind its usually straight into touch anyway. Woeful keeper, who is only just an upgrade on Ward. 

Was it just me annoyed with the fall onto the floor after catching the ball time wasting tactic, I hate when opposition keepers do that when ahead, and we weren’t even winning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You can disagree all you want mate. The table I can see has us second from bottom and losing game after game.

Mendy is a bang average central midfielder and always has been for the club. Which is why he was sidelined for lengthy periods of time.

He’s ok but very basic. 

I thought we were comparing our midfield options, what has being second from bottom got to do with that? I'm saying out of the options we have (albeit quite poor ones) Mendy you could say was the best of the bad bunch so it's rather harsh to go after him. He was sidelined by BR who we all know had his favourites and little to do with ability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I thought we were comparing our midfield options, what has being second from bottom got to do with that? I'm saying out of the options we have (albeit quite poor ones) Mendy you could say was the best of the bad bunch so it's rather harsh to go after him. He was sidelined by BR who we all know had his favourites and little to do with ability. 

Mendy was a key part of the team that won the AFCON.

• Like 1

The fact that people are starting to praise Mendy as if he’s a great player shows how far we’ve fallen. He’s a very very very average and extremely limited player who was rightly 5th or 6th choice midfielder for most of his time here. Now he’s our best midfielder, it’s a pretty sad indication of things.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Im not going after anyone mate.

We’ve had a lot on this forum this season about who is and isn’t a bad player, that we should be higher up the table etc etc.

We are where we are and the table doesn’t lie.

Mendy is not the answer to our weak midfield, he never has been and never will be. Whether he was the best of a bad bunch last night is open to debate. Personally I thought Wilf had his best game in a City shirt for ages, until the ridiculous pass.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Sampson said:

The fact that people are starting to praise Mendy as if he’s a great player shows how far we’ve fallen. He’s a very very very average and extremely limited player who was rightly 5th or 6th choice midfielder for most of his time here. Now he’s our best midfielder, it’s a pretty sad indication of things.

Absolutely spot on

10 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Was it just me annoyed with the fall onto the floor after catching the ball time wasting tactic, I hate when opposition keepers do that when ahead, and we weren’t even winning.

We were drawing with ten men ???

we had no chance of scoring a winner because we couldn’t get the ball into their half 

• Like 1

I think it was established literally 3 years ago that as a destroyer in a 2 man midfield Ndidi is superior but in a 3 Mendy really shines. God knows what formation we should play but we need to decide soon. The squad is so lopsided. If you put our “best 11” players in you end up having to put Maddison on the right. I have no idea. I’d say Iversen, Souttar, Kristiansen, Ricardo, Maddison, Barnes and Nacho HAVE to play but the rest is a mess. Hopefully a manager comes in who can see through all the noise and settle on a best formation/personnel very quickly because we really are in trouble. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Holy shit. How much more can you take?

We not only losing all the time, but we manage to do it in the most agonizing ways.

Feels like we are paying the price for the title win and FA Cup triumphs, but whoa the decline went fast and holy crap it hurts. Unreal. I feel as hopeless as in 2008.

Heads up everyone. We got some serious memories. 

Regardless of whatever the outcome is Leicester city made history and completed football. I can live with this. I was living in Richmond at the time and walking over Kew Bridge daily on my run wearing my Leicester shirt every other car driving past would pap their horn and wave "Hope Leicester win it".. It was an amazing feeling March-May 2016 when the season was near completion. Amazing memories of the Open top parade and Victoria Park parade. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Im not going after anyone mate.

We’ve had a lot on this forum this season about who is and isn’t a bad player, that we should be higher up the table etc etc.

We are where we are and the table doesn’t lie.

Mendy is not the answer to our weak midfield, he never has been and never will be. Whether he was the best of a bad bunch last night is open to debate. Personally I thought Wilf had his best game in a City shirt for ages, until the ridiculous pass.

He may not be the answer by right now what other option do we have? No point in talking about what ifs and the future. We need to get out of this mess now and for all of our sins, Mendy should be starting over Ndidi. Wilf may have had his best game for us yesterday until his brain fart but that still wasn't as good as an average Mendy in my opinion. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

It's actually incredible how far Ndidi has regressed.

That's because Bodgers tried to deconstruct his game and reinvent him. He's a good midfield destroyer, who needs a guy who can pass close to him. He worked fine doing that alongside Youri, who did all the forward passing. Unfortunately his confidence looks shot and he's playing alongside 2 players that aren't Youri. Mendy is decent, but not good enough to be given the responsibility to start our attacks. KDH is marginally a better passer then Ndidi, but not by much. All this means we have zero creativity in that midfield area unless Maddison plays the Youri role in a 4141 formation. 

Iverson

Ricky Faes Souter Victor

Ndidi

Tete Mendy Maddison Barnes

Nacho

• Like 1