Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

Surely nacho has to start he is the only one of the 3 tht actually scores any more. Bournemouth is the biggest game we have had for years win and we stand a small chance lose and it’s over and can’t see us coming back from that 

• Like 4

We can't afford to be missing gilt-edged stuff like that Souttar header early on when we're so prone to folding like a house of cards in the last ten minutes of games. Lost count of how many times this has happened over the past couple of seasons, flakiest side in the bloody league.

Whole world and his dog knows Vardy can't be starting games any more let alone getting 70 minutes; it's not disrespectful to concede that at 36. Castagne looks lost 90% of the time, Ndidi is barely a shadow of himself from a few seasons ago, considering he's meant to be relatively conservative and reliable with the ball Mendy has a rancid habit of simply passing it to the opposition about 20/25 yards out, and the energy and bite, arguably the main positives of KDH's game have gone out the window, the guy looks like he's running in sand half the time.

Barnes was good and I thought Kristiansen was alright bar the odd moment. Faes played some alright passes.

But we are doomed, unfortunately. Absolutely none of this lot are up for it.

• Like 4

We need a motivator to come in before the next match or we are done.

These two caretakers are absolutely useless (negative line-up and no changes for 70 minutes) and the players are lacking in any self-belief or fight. Which has been drummed into them for a long time.

We needed the antithesis of Rodgers tonight and we got pretty much the same thing. We are just waiting to lose.

If that antithesis doesn’t walk through the front door before the next match, there will be no picking this team up after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's just beat Bournemouth and rejoin the positivity train. 

That feels alot more painful because we thought we had the pen at then end, which was rightly chalked out. 

I saw alot more desire from the players tonight, maybe too much in kdh case. But the villa are flying in the league, and I thought we deserved at least a point. 

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm struggling with so many things, I'm sure Ndidi was once the most courted CDM in Europe after Kante.

KDH was our next local superstar.

Castagne was Mr reliable

Wtf is happening 

Brodgitis of the brain 

One of the problems is whenever its a close game we never look like the team that will go on to win it, the opposite in fact we always look like losing at the end, its a poor mentality that perpetuates throughout our squad which doesnt bode well for the run in.

4 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

KDH was going to be subbed the next time it went out of play. It went out on PA that he had been subbed.

It was to late....

This stage in the game during a relegation battle if a player is booked in the 2nd half they need to be subbed off immediately.

Only amatuers would gamble and keep playing them.

Edited by Fox85

Thread started before FT?

Anyway,  I think is a lot of work to do, can see the defensive organisation has improved, and the more direct play been beneficial, but confidence is so low and the red card made us go all in defensive.

Need more games than Top has given us, Rodgers sacked about 20 games too late.

Just shows what happens where you leave it too late, Villa sacked Gerrard sitting 17th 2 points above bottom. Now 9 games to go there sitting just six points off 4th! While we did nothing for months, and still second from bottom. 

Even if we performed a miracle and stayed up, next season will be worse Maddison and Tielemans gone. Can't see us getting any decent replacements with the limited means.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Unless we get an amazing manager is, the squad just don’t have the ability.

Crap defence, poor set of keepers, without Tielemans the midfield is championship standard, and our only decent forward - Nacho - can’t get a game.

They still don’t see it. As soon as you put Ndidi in the squad, any midfield turns into championship standard because everyone has to compensate for this player who cannot control the ball, who cannot pass and as I mentioned in many previous posts who likes to jog around next to opposition players and hide behind them so his teammate cannot pass to him. 

Any manager or management team that puts him in, like today, immediately loses my confidence.

• Like 2