Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

So team for Bournemouth…

Iversen

Ricardo. Souttar. Faes  Kristy

Mendy

Praet.     M Addison

Nacho

Tete.  .           Barnes

Last chance saloon…

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why the **** was vardy on the pitch at all let alone for 70 minutes. 

KDH is as thick as he is crap. 

The rot is deep. 

See you all in the championship. 

Didnt you see Vardy leading the players? looked to me he was organising those behind him, when he went off the pressing dropped off.

• Like 3

We are just so weak. Physically and mentally. 

Showed some desire for an hour, then looked exhausted, even before the sending off. 

Regardless of the quality of the players, they don’t have the collective mindset to stave off relegation unfortunately.

Isolate our full-backs and it’s party time for the opposition. Get it down and play through the middle, easy to do against us.

I’m not a pessimist, but I can’t see us winning again this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Thread started before FT?

Anyway,  I think is a lot of work to do, can see the defensive organisation has improved, and the more direct play been beneficial, but confidence is so low and the red card made us go all in defensive.

Need more games than Top has given us, Rodgers sacked about 20 games too late.

Could have started it the minute we lost KDH tbf lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jook said:

Oh come on lads, we were miles better than we have been. Way more up for it, more energetic, more direct. Stupidity from KDH and Ndidi cost us, otherwise we were well worth a point against a good side. 

We'll beat Bournemouth on Saturday. 

Based on what?  We concede 2 a game minimum, we need to score 3 or more to win a game these days and we don't have it in us.  We don't have a manager, don't have any direction, don't have any confidence, don't have the fans onside and don't have any quality anywhere on the pitch.  We have nothing going for us at the minute as a club.

We are finished in this league.  The only question mark for me is whether we finish bottom or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Didnt you see Vardy leading the players? looked to me he was organising those behind him, when he went off the pressing dropped off.

I saw Vardy pointing at everyone, which is what he's become a master at in the last 12 months. Not sure that's leading anyone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

I just can’t see it happening anymore no matter if we bring someone in or not. There’s just something engrained deep into the minds of all the players at the minute that just won’t allow them to win a football match 

It's not just about mentality though. We're not good enough. The quality is just not there. Even Maddison has been really poor in the last two games.

Villa We're quicker, sharper, with more incisive passing. We're still fannying about at the back but don't have the quality to play out from the back.

I think there'd be very few takers for most of these players from any other Premier League team, as they aren't Premier League quality.

I don't think anyone will get a tune out of them now.

Down (:

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I can't believe anyone thinks that was better than anything under Rodgers. In fact it was a typical Rodgers game. 

It was a clear improvement up until the red card, sadly just still not good enough, their confidence is trashed.

• Like 1

Just running out of games now. Left it too late to make the change. Maybe if we can get a win against the odds on Saturday and results go for us things will look a bit brighter…

These clowns in temporary charge have no idea though. Line up was horrible!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

So team for Bournemouth…

Iversen

Ricardo. Souttar. Faes  Kristy

Mendy

Praet.     M Addison

Nacho

Tete.  .           Barnes

Last chance saloon…

I really don’t care any more. The team have shown time and time again they are toothless, clueless and inept. 

Championship will ruin us. 

• Like 1

I only saw the last half hour or so, but it’s worth noting that Leeds went up four places by beating Florist. It’s very tight at the bottom and I don’t think we’re doomed yet.

Mind you, starting Vardy was insane, and KDH was fvckin stupid to get a second yellow like that. And why play Maddison out wide. And why Daka rather than Nacho.

OK, we probably are doomed.

Shame for Wilfred to do that,although stupid, as I thought his overall game was good.

We're terrible really and Villa we're better all over the pitch.

We're going down,no doubt, but I thought we showed more fight tonight than for a long time.

Brendan has ruined the club, as have the owners for not getting rid last summer. 

Long way back now

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I saw Vardy pointing at everyone, which is what he's become a master at in the last 12 months. Not sure that's leading anyone. 

Yes he was getting them to press.   In the first half they were reacting to him within seconds closing players down.

Whether it was worth him been on the pitch not sure though, as Daka had a lot more energy.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nobbyburton said:

People in this thread are embarrassing. Expecting us to beat one of the form teams in the league two days after Brendan went? How was that going to happen exactly? Saturday was always the most important game, we win and Forest lose to Villa and we’re out of the bottom three.

Such a weird reaction to throw in the towel after that, we looked better and were one brain fart away from a point. 

?? We were drawing, and then fvcked it up.